Robert McCammon discussion

General Chat > Death of the great writer Ray Bradbury.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lou (last edited Jun 06, 2012 10:28AM) (new)

Lou (loupendergrast) | 172 comments Mod
I just learned of the sad news that Ray Bradbury has died from this link.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/s...

A great man who is going to be missed. Inspired millions.

REMEMBER UKRAINE NOW ReadingReindeer (readingreindeerproximacentauri) I saw that on FB this AM: I expected to be sad, but not to this intensity. Fortunately for me, I own "Something Wicked This Way Comes" and "The Illustrated Man" (due to this group); and last week received a volume of his "Stories" via the Library system-so I'll be putting else aside and reading those beginning today (as soon as I finish the Beta Reading). My hope is that a new generation of readers of Mr. Bradbury will come out of his passing. Like the science fiction concept of "The Universal Library," we can know that Mr. Bradbury and Mr. Asimov (and Mr. McCammon) will live on in eternity.

message 3: by Lou (new)

I am going to keep putting up for the vote Ray Bradbury stories every month as part of Robert McCammon recommended author read of the month. Hopefully we complete all his works.

message 4: by Anji (new)

Anji (delenn40) | 26 comments I have loved Ray since an early age,indeed one of my first exposures to his work was The Martian Chronicles. I have loved all of his works,but especially his short story compilations. Time for a recap I think. RIP Mr Bradbury.

REMEMBER UKRAINE NOW ReadingReindeer (readingreindeerproximacentauri) That's what I've decided to do this aft. and eve.: take a hiatus from beta reading and reviewing, until tomorrow AM, and read Mr. Bradbury.

message 6: by Lou (new)

Mallory Anne-Marie wrote: "That's what I've decided to do this aft. and eve.: take a hiatus from beta reading and reviewing, until tomorrow AM, and read Mr. Bradbury."
Great idea!

message 7: by Jason (new)

Jason (darkfiction) | 7 comments We lost not only a great writer, but a legend. RIP, Ray Bradbury!

message 8: by Marc-Antoine (new)

Marc-Antoine Rip, mr. Bradbury.

message 9: by Hunter (new)

Hunter (goathunter) | 154 comments Mod
Robert McCammon posted on Twitter about Ray Bradbury's death:

http://www.robertmccammon.com/2012/06...

Hunter

message 10: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 6 comments From King's official site:

"Ray Bradbury wrote three great novels and three hundred great stories. One of the latter was called 'A Sound of Thunder.' The sound I hear today is the thunder of a giant's footsteps fading away. But the novels and stories remain, in all their resonance and strange beauty."

Stephen King