Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Tangents/Off-Topic Discussions > The death of the future: Ray Bradbury (1920-2012)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Sargent (thesarge) | 169 comments ...............................................................................................................

message 2: by AnnaBanana (new)

AnnaBanana Pascone (snapdragnful) | 89 comments *moment of silence*

message 3: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Sargent (thesarge) | 169 comments He did not predict the future, so much as populate it with it's own myth, legend, and moral magic. Rather than map the road ahead, he gave us a looking glass to evaluate the choices for our own paths.

A star has been extinguished, and all we have left are the reflections of that light, scattered amidst the cosmos of of lesser objects, those who read his works.

message 4: by Jordanmcgrory (new)

Jordanmcgrory | 7 comments Sad to lose such a brilliant writer, he was my first introduction to sci-fi. I don't think I've been so terrified and so happy at the same time. I was 10.

Do him one last favour though if you're moved to reread some of his stuff? Buy a traditional book. His hatred of e-readers is well-documented.

message 5: by Corvus (new)

Corvus Alyse (corvusalyse) | 54 comments Sarge wrote: "He did not predict the future, so much as populate it with it's own myth, legend, and moral magic. Rather than map the road ahead, he gave us a looking glass to evaluate the choices for our own pat..."

Beautifully put. Thank you.