Christian Fiction Fans discussion

Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 407 (407 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Mitchell | 177 comments Hey everyone. My name is Abigail I hope you enjoy the group. If anyone has suggestions feel free to share.
I am 17, I asked Jesus to come into my heart and save me when I was 11, on August 6th 2006.

message 2: by Carissa (new)

Carissa My name is Carissa I love to read mostly Christian fiction, mysteries, Non fiction and some teen. I am a non traditional college, because instead of listening to what God had planned and wanted me to go i listen to others. Jesus saved me at 14 in 2002 when I yielded to call of the Holy Spirit.

message 3: by Kayti (last edited Jun 06, 2012 11:38AM) (new)

Kayti (kaytigrace22) | 2 comments Hey I am Kayti I am 17. I live on a farm in Idaho and am the oldest of 8. I enjoy reading. I read anything that is good or non-fiction. I am home-educated and part time college. I know my Savior lives and loves me.

message 4: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Mitchell | 177 comments Welcome Carissa and Kayti!

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_sutton) | 7 comments My name is Michelle Sutton and I'm an author and a book reviewer. Yes, I can separate both. I love to read and read over a hundred books a year. :) I also do weekly giveaways and regular book reviews on my blog http://edgyinspirationalauthor.blogsp...

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary (thesweetestthings) | 2 comments My name is Mary Beth I live in Ohio and own CountryLife4Me Website and do Reviews and Giveaways. I always have a book in my hand and love Christian and Amish Books. I love the Lord and try to show that in my everyday life and website. Countryife4Me

message 7: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Mitchell | 177 comments Thanks for Joining!

message 8: by Christine (last edited Jun 06, 2012 03:45PM) (new)

Christine Lindsay (wwwchristinelindsaycom) Hi everyone, nice to see a few people like Michelle Sutton and Mary Daly on this group who are two amazingly encouraging authors.

My name is Christine Lindsay and I'm the author of Shadowed in Silk which just recently won the 2011 Grace award. At the moment I'm writing the sequel to that book called Captured by Moonlight.Shadowed in SilkChristine Lindsay

message 9: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Daws Hey y'all! It's great to meet you all. My name is Carrie and I'm an author and homeschooling mom in North Carolina. I love to read and my constant battle in my spare time is whether to read or to write!

message 10: by Aerykah (last edited Jun 06, 2012 03:46PM) (new)

Aerykah My name is Aerykah. I accepted Christ as my personal Saviour in Feb. of 2002.
I'm 21, I live in Oklahoma, and I LOVE to read Christian Fiction.

Thanks for the invite, Abigail! :)

message 11: by Beth (new)

Beth Vogt (goodreadscombethkvogt) | 6 comments Hi, all! I'm Beth and after saying I'd never write fiction, I am now the author of a debut novel (Wish You Were Here) with a second novel releasing in 2013 (Catch a Falling Star.) I also love to read Christian fiction & have a towering To Be Read Pile. Thanks for the invitation to join this group.

message 12: by Anne (new)

Anne Mateer (annemateer) | 8 comments Hey y'all! Glad to be here! I love reading maybe even more than I love writing. :) My debut novel released last fall (Wings of a Dream) and my second comes out in September (At Every Turn). I write historical Christian fiction set in the years just prior to and including World War I. Looking forward to connecting with other readers!

message 13: by Ruth (new)

Ruth (ruthaxtell) | 19 comments Hi Everyone, I recognize a lot of you. I love reading historical fiction, especially romance. I write historical romance. I just got a big box of books from CBD.com and can't wait to dive in!

message 14: by Janice (new)

Janice Palko (janicelanepalko) | 13 comments Hi Everybody:

I read across the board--nonfiction, fiction, the cereal box when I'm eating breakfast! My favorite Christian author is Francine Rivers. It's not good to be envious, but she's one writer whose talent I wish I had. I also write and my first novel, an inspirational romantic comedy called St. Anne's Day, will be released later this summer. At present, I'm reading a novel, which is not Christian fiction, entitled After the Fog. It is set in the city where I live and it was written by a friend.

Nice to meet you all.

message 15: by Erica (new)

Erica Vetsch (ericavetsch) | 1 comments Hi everyone! Thank you so much for the invite to join the group. I love reading and writing Christian historical romance.

message 16: by Abbi (new)

Abbi Hey!
I am a 18 year-old Christian (since I was 4 or 5) homeschool grad who LOVES reading! I also recently started reviewing books and write a blog with my sister-Christian Novels. I mostly read just Christian books (both fiction and non-fiction) but I have been known to occasionally read a book by a secular author. Though I do a lot of research first to make sure it is clean! I also absolutely love to babysit and jump at the chance to watch someone's kids. So that's me in a nutshell!

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_sutton) | 7 comments Christine wrote: "Hi everyone, nice to see a few people like Michelle Sutton and Mary Daly on this group who are two amazingly encouraging authors.

My name is Christine Lindsay and I'm the author of Shadowed in Si..."

Hey, Christine is here. Now we can get the party started! Hehehe

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_sutton) | 7 comments Anne wrote: "Hey y'all! Glad to be here! I love reading maybe even more than I love writing. :) My debut novel released last fall (Wings of a Dream) and my second comes out in September (At Every Turn). I write..."

Wings of a Dream was a great book!

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_sutton) | 7 comments Beth wrote: "Hi, all! I'm Beth and after saying I'd never write fiction, I am now the author of a debut novel (Wish You Were Here) with a second novel releasing in 2013 (Catch a Falling Star.) I also love to re..."

Oooh, I loved "Wish You Were Here!" Great book!

message 20: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 17 comments I am a stay at home mom, homeschooler, reader (a little over 100 books a year), and I'm working on two books right now. One is a novel and the other is non-fiction. I look forward to getting to know everyone. Thanks for the invite, Abigail.

message 21: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah Hey, Margaret! Good to see you over here :)

message 22: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 17 comments Aerykah wrote: "Hey, Margaret! Good to see you over here :)"

Hi! {waves} Good to "see" you too. ;o)

message 23: by Cecelia (new)

Cecelia (goodreadscomcecelia_dowdy) | 17 comments Hi, I'm Cecelia Dowdy. I have a blog where I review Christian fiction titles Feel free to pop over and see:

www.ceceliadowdy.blogspot.com

Also, I have two Christian Fiction e-books out now. Milk Money - A dairy farmer falls in love with her accountant.
http://www.amazon.com/Milk-Money-eboo...

First Mates - A sweet cruise ship romance.
http://www.amazon.com/First-Mates-ebo...

message 24: by Cecelia (new)

Cecelia (goodreadscomcecelia_dowdy) | 17 comments Margaret wrote: "I am a stay at home mom, homeschooler, reader (a little over 100 books a year), and I'm working on two books right now. One is a novel and the other is non-fiction. I look forward to getting to kno..."

Margaret, what is your novel about?

message 25: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (SharonTroyCentanne) | 17 comments Hello All! I am a church librarian at Grace Lutheran Church in Florida. I use Goodreads as an online record of the books in my church library. I love Christian fiction because the characters are good role models. They learn from life's experiences that only Christ can really solve their problems. They pray, encourage each other, attend worship and other church activities, and lead good clean lives. Christian fiction is usually based on a Bible verse theme and/or has Bible verses scattered throughout the story. Christian authors, thank you for the opportunity to share Jesus with my congregation by way of your wonderful stories!

message 26: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Daws Abbi wrote: "Hey!
I am a 18 year-old Christian (since I was 4 or 5) homeschool grad who LOVES reading! I also recently started reviewing books and write a blog with my sister-Christian Novels. I mostly read ju..."

I popped over to look -- that's a great website you two have going!

message 27: by Anita (new)

Anita (goodreadscomuser_akmay) | 1 comments Nice website. My name is A.K.May and I write Christian fiction, mostly suspense. I have two titles releasing very soon, by July 1st. Red Rover, Red Rover and Amnesia Alibi. I am SO glad to relate with other readers and writers that are Christian. He is Lord. Amen!

message 28: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Hansen (goodreadscomvalerie_hansen) | 18 comments Hi all! I've been writing Christian fiction for Love Inspired since 1999. I have books in all 3 of their lines, although lately I've been concentrating mostly on suspense. Right now I have THREAT OF DARKNESS in stores and STANDING GUARD is coming in Sept. Thankfully, many of my earlier titles are also ebooks.
Blessings,
Val

message 29: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Hansen (goodreadscomvalerie_hansen) | 18 comments Valerie wrote: "Hi all! I've been writing Christian fiction for Love Inspired since 1999. I have books in all 3 of their lines, although lately I've been concentrating mostly on suspense. Right now I have THREAT O..."

I didn't realize my whole name wouldn't post. It's Valerie Hansen!

message 30: by Abbi (new)

Abbi Carrie wrote: "Abbi wrote: "Hey!
I am a 18 year-old Christian (since I was 4 or 5) homeschool grad who LOVES reading! I also recently started reviewing books and write a blog with my sister-Christian Novels. I m..."

Thanks Carrie!

message 31: by Abigail (last edited Jun 07, 2012 09:27AM) (new)

Abigail Mitchell | 177 comments Carrie wrote: "Hey y'all! It's great to meet you all. My name is Carrie and I'm an author and homeschooling mom in North Carolina. I love to read and my constant battle in my spare time is whether to read or to w..."

Where in N.C. do you live? I live in Blanch, N.C.
Thanks for Joining!

message 32: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Mitchell | 177 comments Thanks for joining everyone. I enjoyed what you all said.

message 33: by Diane U (last edited Jun 07, 2012 11:27AM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) I forgot to introduce myself when I joined earlier this week. My name is Diane and I read mostly Christian fiction. I love Amish and contemporary Christian fiction (especially Karen Kingsbury and Collen Coble) and I just started reading historical and I am enjoying that also. If my name is familiar it is because I am one of the moderators for Fans of Amish Fiction and Fans of Christian Romance. Let's have fun in this new group! Thank you Abigial for inviting me!

message 34: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah Hart | 2 comments Hi, my name is Becky and I 'm a 20 year old homeschool graduate. I 've been a book fanatic for as long as I can remember. I am a Christian and love anything to do with music (except rap, but hey, that doesn't really count) If anyone mentions dark chocolate, tea, the beach, weddings, or hot days, I 'm in :)

message 35: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1 comments Thanks so much for inviting me! I'm Amanda Cabot, an author of Christian fiction -- historical romance, to be specific -- and I'm also an avid reader. I'm one of those people who agrees with Thomas Jefferson's saying, "I cannot live without books." In fact, I like that quotation so much that I needlepointed a doorstop with it on it. My reading tastes are eclectic and include mysteries, suspense, women's fiction, a few thrillers, a little bit of science fiction. I'm delighted to be part of this group.

message 36: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Mitchell | 177 comments Diane U wrote: "I forgot to introduce myself when I joined earlier this week. My name is Diane and I read mostly Christian fiction. I love Amish and contemporary Christian fiction (especially Karen Kingsbury and..."

I agree, Lets Have Fun! Thanks for Joining.

message 37: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Mitchell | 177 comments Rebekah wrote: "Hi, my name is Becky and I 'm a 20 year old homeschool graduate. I 've been a book fanatic for as long as I can remember. I am a Christian and love anything to do with music (except rap, but hey, ..."

I am with you on Rap not being music, after all shouldn't music be relaxing? well I guess not all music is relaxing but at least other music sounds like music.

message 38: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Mitchell | 177 comments Amanda wrote: "Thanks so much for inviting me! I'm Amanda Cabot, an author of Christian fiction -- historical romance, to be specific -- and I'm also an avid reader. I'm one of those people who agrees with Thom..."

I love Thomas Jefferson's quote too.
I can't wait to read one of your books, they look so interesting!

message 39: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) It looks like lots of authors have joined us! Cool! I love to get new reading suggestions by seeing what the authors read!

message 40: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Mitchell | 177 comments Yeah.

message 41: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 24 comments My name is Dawn. I'm 34 years old. I read pretty much everything. I'm a Mary Kay consultant. I live in Houston, TX. I have a sweet kitty named Kiki who is currently sitting in my lap purring loudly!

message 42: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 17 comments Cecelia wrote: "Margaret wrote: "I am a stay at home mom, homeschooler, reader (a little over 100 books a year), and I'm working on two books right now. One is a novel and the other is non-fiction. I look forward ..."

Sorry I took so long. My son and his wife are visiting and I also am kind of . . . trying to spring clean in case we really do need to sell our house.

The book is a romantic suspense. Thanks for asking.

I also am really excited to see a lot of the authors I read and know from other places. {waves}

Lots of great intros I can relate to. I'm looking forward to getting to know other readers who love Christian fiction just as much as I do. :o)

message 43: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Brink (bikerbabs) | 6 comments HI everyone! I'm Barbara and I love to read most genres. I'm also an author, writing mostly mystery and suspense. My latest book, Split Sense, was the winner for speculative fiction in The Grace Awards this year.
It's good to be here. I'm happy to meet all of you and see some familiar faces.

message 44: by English (new)

English  (english_lady) | 19 comments I am Anna. I was born in South Africa but grew up in England after my family returned there when I was four. I am a student of Medieval History at the University of Winchester, and ancient city in the South of England.

I was raised in a Christian household and accepted Jesus at an early age.

I especially like to read Historical Fiction, particuarly that set in the Middle Ages, as well as theology, philosophy and biography/autobiography.

message 45: by Kat (new)

Kat | 4 comments Hi! Im Kat, I live in a small town four minutes away from the canadian border in washington state. I love to read, and enjoy anything outdoors! I am a new RN and work at the local hospital!

message 46: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Mitchell | 177 comments Dawn wrote: "My name is Dawn. I'm 34 years old. I read pretty much everything. I'm a Mary Kay consultant. I live in Houston, TX. I have a sweet kitty named Kiki who is currently sitting in my lap purring loudly!"

Welcome Dawn! I love the Mary Kay Products, My Pastor's oldest daughter Julie Gwin is a Consultant. She now lives in Colorado.
My family and I have a lot of cats and Kittens. :)

message 47: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Mitchell | 177 comments Anna wrote: "I am Anna. I was born in South Africa but grew up in England after my family returned there when I was four. I am a student of Medieval History at the University of Winchester, and ancient city in..."

Sounds like you have a fun life!

message 48: by Tyora (new)

Tyora Moody (tyoramoody) | 3 comments Thank you for the invite! I mainly read suspense, romantic suspense and mystery Christian Fiction. My favorite authors are Terri Blackstock, Brandilyn Collins, Ted Dekker, Frank Perretti, James Scott Bell, and a host of others.

I also write romantic suspense. My debut novel, WHEN RAIN FALLS, was released earlier this year in March. You can download free chapters at http://www.tyoramoody.com

I just turned in book 2 of the Victory Gospel Series, WHEN MEMORIES FADE, to my editor. This book will be released March 2013.

I look forward to checking out great Christian Fiction reads this summer with the group.

message 49: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Mitchell | 177 comments I also love Terri Blackstock and Frank Perretti.
My sister just recently won a copy of When Rain Falls.

message 50: by Tyora (new)

Tyora Moody (tyoramoody) | 3 comments Wonderful! I hope she enjoys reading.

I need to move ILLUSION by Frank Peretti to the top of my reading list. It's been awhile since I've read anything new from him.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9