Horse Lovers discussion

Whats your Favorite horse book series

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahrichmond98) | 24 comments Mod
So what is some of your favorite horse books?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

I want to read the Canterwood Crest sometime soon!

message 3: by Sarah (new)

I like the Saddle Club series!!

message 4: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Magic carasel

Caitlin I ♥ animals! | 26 comments When I was little I always used to read Pony Pals

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary | 14 comments I liked black beughty (Spelling, I know).

message 7: by Rosslyn (new)

Rosslyn Elliott | 4 comments I loved the Black Stallion books when I was little.

message 8: by Hayley (new)

Hayley What are they like?

message 9: by Hayley (new)

Hayley I've never heard of them

message 10: by Mary (new)

Mary | 14 comments Yes!!! Black Stallion books were really good! My famiy read them as the "family book".

Caitlin I ♥ animals! | 26 comments Ellie wrote: "Yes!!! Black Stallion books were really good! My famiy read them as the "family book"."

That sounds cool! Does everyone in your family read the book?

message 12: by Mary (new)

Mary | 14 comments no

we read it out loud

Caitlin I ♥ animals! | 26 comments Cool!

message 14: by Rosslyn (new)

Rosslyn Elliott | 4 comments The Black Stallion books start with the story of a boy who is shipwrecked with a wild horse on a deserted island. My daughter and I recently listened to the first book on audio. I was surprised by how much I still enjoyed it! The author, Walter Farley, was really good at describing horse behavior. After the first book, the series goes on to follow the Black Stallion in other ways, then his descendants.

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Love the Black Stallion books, also the Phantom Stallion series (Untamed), Black Beauty by Anna Sewell and anything by Marguerite Henry

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer L. (jl_books) | 1 comments Loved the Saddle Club, Thoroughbred series, Margaret Henry books, the Black Stallion, and anything by Joanna Campbell. I also read a series called the Linda Craig Adventures. Anyone read those?

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 31 comments Sarah wrote: "I want to read the Canterwood Crest sometime soon!"

yea you should there are sooooooo good
they are out
when are you going to read them

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 31 comments i like the canterwood crest, thorougbred, WAR HORSE ( THE BEST AND SAD BOOK EVER),

message 19: by Krista (new)

Krista Breen (kristamichellebreen) | 3 comments The Black Stallion series was my favourite. Alec was always a super nice guy without a girlfriend, had loads of fabulous racehorses to ride and lots of nasty bad guys after the Black.

Mmmmm.

message 20: by A.L. (new)

A.L. | 1 comments I can't choose, I like them all.

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Hey A.I. Welcome to the group,glad you could join us.

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Brodie ( YOLO) I LOVE HORSES :) if you love horses wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I want to read the Canterwood Crest sometime soon!"

yea you should there are sooooooo good
they are out
when are you going to read them"

I'm not sure.

message 23: by Brodie I LOVE HORSES :) (last edited Mar 13, 2013 02:41PM) (new)

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 31 comments OMG CANTERWOOD CREST LOVERS YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BEILVE ME BUT LAUREN TOWERS IS ON HOWRSE HER USER IS CanterWood Crest

message 24: by Krista (new)

Krista Breen (kristamichellebreen) | 3 comments Take a deep breath. She's not a real person Brodie. It could be Jessica though ;)

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 31 comments yea but there is sasha silver too

message 26: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Greutman | 1 comments My faviorite so far is the CanterWood Crest, The lady who wrote those books is a very close friend of mine Jessica Burkheart, she has a big heart and passion for horses and her CWC series are the best.

message 27: by Katharina (new)

Katharina | 1 comments thoroughbred series by joanna campbell - my all time favorites

message 28: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Bowen | 1 comments My favorite is the Phantom Stallion Series! But I do like the The Black Stallion series!

message 29: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (brittney_joy) | 1 comments I grew up loving The Thoroughbred Series! I wanted to be a jockey :) ...

Some of my current favorites are... The Dressage Chronicles (The Dressage Chronicles, #1) by Karen McGoldrick Pony Club Rivals The Auditions by Stacy Gregg The God of Animals by Aryn Kyle

Brittney Joy
Red Rock Ranch Lucy's Chance by Brittney Joy <--my book :)

message 30: by Virginia (new)

Virginia Slachman (goodreadscomvirginiaslachman) | 1 comments I love the Heartland series by Lauren Brooke--horse whisperer stuff! There's also a video series, which isn't really like the book, but is also great!

My mystery, The Lost Ode, set on a thoroughbred breeding farm in Kentucky, is also available on Amazon (Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LTX56YM and in paperback in a couple of weeks . . .). I did a lot of research by living on a breeding farm, so all the behind the scenes info about racing and breeding/training racehorses is accurate! It was a lot of fun to write!

Virginia
http://www.virigniaslachman.com

message 31: by A.J. (new)

A.J. I really like the saddle club series.

message 32: by Sarah (new)

A.J. wrote: "I really like the saddle club series."

Hey A.J. I love that series also!!!

message 33: by Emma (new)

Emma Bullington | 21 comments Mine would be the Phantom Stallion Series(s) written by Terri Farley!

message 34: by Marsha (new)

Marsha Hubler (httpwwwgoodreadscommarshahubler) | 13 comments Emma, you'd probably love my Keystone Stables Series too. And my latest book, SNOW, PHANTOM STALLION OF THE POCONOS.
http://www.amazon.com/Snow-Phantom-St...

message 35: by Emma (new)

Emma Bullington | 21 comments Wait, You Wrote Keystone Stables! I Love That Series! I Can't Believe this! I have three of your Keystone Stables Books, but I'm your biggest fan!

message 36: by Marsha (new)

Marsha Hubler (httpwwwgoodreadscommarshahubler) | 13 comments Well, how about that? But, but you said the Phantom Stallion Series was your favorite. (Sad author here). I think you'll like all 8 K.S. books. In book 8, Skye finds out what happened to her real parents, and it's a BIG surprise.
If you've read 3 of them already, I would REALLY, REALLY appreciate it if you'd go to Amazon and write a short review for each of the books. That's the BIGGEST help you could do for an author. I'm glad to know you, fan of Keystone stables.
Marsha Hubler

message 37: by Emma (new)

Emma Bullington | 21 comments Awesome! I'll have to look at that!