Boulder Book Club discussion

Book Advocacy > Ray Bradbury

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Williwaw (new)

Williwaw | 193 comments Mod
In honor of Ray, who passed away this morning, perhaps we should read (or re-read) one of his books.

Here's a brief obituary:

bradbury

message 2: by Williwaw (new)

Maybe Dandelion Wine? The ultimate summer book!!! And I've been thinking about re-reading it for a while. It's among the few novels that I've read more than once, already. It has been quite some time since my last sampling, however.

message 3: by Adam (new)

Adam | 115 comments Mod
A good idea -- I haven't read Dandelion Wine. In fact, I think the only one of his books I have read was Fahrenheit 451.

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark (mark_krebs) | 168 comments Mod
Like.

message 5: by Ben (new)

Ben (benroberts) | 85 comments Mod
I thoroughly enjoy Bradbury and would be willing to read any of his... as soon as I can get a copy of and throw aside Gentle Rogue, of course.

message 6: by Mark (new)

Mark (mark_krebs) | 168 comments Mod
Ben, have you thrown gentle rogue aside yet? I would do it for you, but have already accomplished the task. I mention this because I gave it to G, assuming she would redistribute (where I would more likely re-cycle) it. Now Gina is about to leave on vacation and your chances to read this zipper buster are fading.
If on the other hand you must forego the pleasure, perhaps we could begin discussions in earnest of the next "for real" book, as I think neither sober discussion nor broader perusal of GR is likely.

message 7: by Ben (new)

Ben (benroberts) | 85 comments Mod
I never quite picked it up, and it looks like I probably never will. You guys have offered enough deterrent that I think I need to just move on. I've got next week off from camp, so I should be able to catch up on my reading and hop on the Dandelion Wine bandwagon. I remember really enjoying that book in high school, but it sits 4th on my Bradbury list after Fahrenheit 451, The Martian Chronicles, and Something Wicked This Way Comes.

message 8: by Williwaw (new)

After my recent re-read of Dandelion Wine, I googled Waukegan, IL, and zoomed in on "the ravine." I noticed that the city also has a "Ray Bradbury Park."