Young Adult Books for Grown Up Guys and Girls discussion

July Meeting

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen (jen_maley) | 85 comments Mod
Hi All,

We had a nice time at Luscious Nectar last week, although we didn't spend much time discussing Divergent. :) We picked a date and two books for our next meeting. We're going to read Blood Red Road and....um, something about Frankenstein? Help me out, ladies!

We'll meet on Tuesday, July 12th at 5:00 at Elliots. That's a martini bar on Linden in Ft. Collins. :)

Happy reading!

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cleland | 32 comments Mod
It was This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel, right?

I also added Ally, our new Outreach manager to the group, because let's face it, who doesn't like booze and books?!

And maybe everyone could come armed with one discussion question for each book, if we wanted to stay slightly more on track? Until the martinis kick in, of course. Jen, it will be up to you to keep us in line, I think! :)

message 3: by Andrea (new)

And wait, was it Tues the 12th or Thurs the 14th? I thought it was Thurs!

message 4: by Jen (new)

That's the one. Thanks!

I put Tues the 12th in my phone. I thought you had Wed off and that's why we picked that day. I'm flexible, though, and can do either day. What works for everyone?

I Ike the question idea, and I'm great at keeping people on track these days!

message 5: by Andrea (new)

I have Thursdays off, which is why I could come out earlier. Tuesdays I work 9-8 so I won't be able to make it, but if that day works better for everyone else, I'll just join next time. No worries.

message 6: by Jen (new)

Andrea, I flubbed the dates by looking at June's calendar. We did pick July 12th, which is a Thursday! So we're good to go on that date at Elliots. :)

message 7: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria Godina (allygodina) | 10 comments Mod
Just checked out the books! Looking forward to it!

message 8: by Tasha (new)

Tasha (tasha8) | 43 comments Mod
I can't wait for book club!!! I have enjoyed both reads! I read Blood Red Road again :)

message 9: by Jen (new)

Shoot Girls and Guy. I can't make book club today--I over booked myself, no pun intended. :( I enjoyed both books a great deal though. I was going to say it was refreshing to finally read a great stand-alone book in Blood Read Road, but I see that it's a series. SIGH...
Please post our next title(s) and date. Have fun!!

message 10: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Triz I'm so far behind - woops. What are we reading now?