What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Last To Know (Lakeview, #4)
This topic is about The Last To Know
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fiction about a woman who's family dies in car crash, she kidnaps friends baby, moves to Australia child grows up to be book editor [s]

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Wendywoo* | 10 comments Please someone help me find this book,
About a woman who's cheating husband dies in a car crash with her children, her friend has a baby after years of trying and one day she kidnaps the baby and flees to Australia. The child grows up and becomes a book editor, her kidnapper dies and someone gives her a book to read which she finds out the book is about her when she comes to England to review it? I think one of the characters is called bryony/Brittany???? Does anyone know what this book is? Please

Wendywoo* | 10 comments Can anyone help? I've tried everything :(

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Wendywoo* wrote: "Can anyone help? I've tried everything :("

Sometimes it takes weeks, or even months or years for books to be found. Many members here probably haven' even seen your post yet. Many people come in to check only once a week or so. Give it a little time. And good luck finding the book!

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim (celticoracle) | 27 comments It may not be the book you're looking for, but this does remind me of the Forgotten Garden The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton.

Wendywoo* | 10 comments No that's not the one :( but thanks :)

Wendywoo* | 10 comments It's a newish book from
Last 4 yrs

Wendywoo* | 10 comments And the story the abducted child reads is about them and it brings her back to England and that's when the truth comes out

message 8: by Kate (last edited Jun 07, 2012 12:55PM) (new)

Kate (katiebobus) | 200 comments A Child's Book of True Crime by Chloe Hooper maybe? The protagonist's name is Kate Byrne, it begins with a car crash if I recall correctly, and involves a children's book.

Wendywoo* | 10 comments No just had a look not the one :(

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (med0ra) | 439 comments Not sure if this could be it but how about My Life as a Fake by Peter Carey?

message 11: by H (new) - rated it 5 stars

H (mummywith2girls) | 4 comments The Last To Know by Melissa Hill

message 12: by Bee (new)

Bee | 1 comments Is it one by emily barr? I think it is, not sure of the name though!

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38153 comments Mod
Wendywoo*, are you still looking for this book? Was it anything mentioned @10/11/12?

message 14: by Reggie (last edited Oct 27, 2013 03:19PM) (new)

Reggie Shanala | 13 comments I've been looking, no luck yet. I really want to read this book!

message 15: by H (new) - rated it 5 stars

H (mummywith2girls) | 4 comments I sent a message last year and she confirmed it was the book I said - the last to know by Melissa Hill :) it's an excellent book :)

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38153 comments Mod
The Last To Know for the link.