Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent discussion

Does it get better?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm a few chapters in and I can't seem to want to continue. It's just been really boring so far! In Divergent, I couldn't put the book down! This, on the other hand...

Has anyone read it? Does it get better? I don't mind spoilers.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

It gets WAY better! Trust me, you'll love it. I don't know which chapter you're on, but I can assure you that it gets MUCH more exciting.

em It gets a lot more exciting. Trust me.

Ceia Insurgent has a bit more of a build up than Divergent but once you get into it you won't be able to put it down :)

Emily I was bored the whole way through. I loved Divergent, but for me, the magic wasn't there for Insurgent. It picks up a little bit once you get about halfway in, but is not in any way impressive. If you're not excited about it now, you won't feel better about it once you're finished.

Linda I was in your situation. I found it hard to get into. While it gets better, it isn't a great book. Tris reminded me of those inflatable clowns you punch over and over and they keep popping back up. Yawn

Devora Alex wrote: "I'm a few chapters in and I can't seem to want to continue. It's just been really boring so far! In Divergent, I couldn't put the book down! This, on the other hand...

Has anyone read it? Does it ..."

Keep reading I thinks it is good. The ending leaves me wishing I didn't have to wait a year for the next one tough.

message 8: by Ivy ♥ (last edited May 28, 2014 06:52PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ivy ♥ Personally, I got bored, while I flipped the drab words on the pages,not really FULLY being that much into the book. It was ok. But thats the thing, Divergent was amazing, couldn't put the book down, while insurgent? Just a let down.

Babafaba Alex wrote: "I'm a few chapters in and I can't seem to want to continue. It's just been really boring so far! In Divergent, I couldn't put the book down! This, on the other hand...

No, the whole book is awful but seriously, READ IT! Because Allegiant is much better and definitely worth reading! It's better than Divergent and Insurgent combined!

Sabrina No it really doesn't. it get incredibly repetitive, and I really had a hard time getting through it. Allegiant is no better but that is a rant for another day.

Sabrina It's a total borefest the whole way through except for the last 2 pages.

And the last book is the absolute worst.

James This book gets better to read once you get throught the boring parts, but to me to third book is a major letdown for me, even thought this book is okay to read.

Jessica Alex wrote: "I'm a few chapters in and I can't seem to want to continue. It's just been really boring so far! In Divergent, I couldn't put the book down! This, on the other hand...

Tris seems to dwell on death and suicide far too much in this book, but you should still finish the series.