David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Archive's > Favorite Book Quotes

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Ok, let's hear your favorite book quotes. Comment as many times as you want. From books you read or books you are currently reading. Once you put the quote in, explain how you could use it in your life. LOL be creative. Make something up. Just have fun with it. Also, make sure you put the title of the book in there as well.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Numbing the pain will only make it worse when you finally feel it

-Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JKR

message 3: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Erylla Beatrish *Anti-Twilight* Ohime-sama wrote: "Numbing the pain will only make it worse when you finally feel it

-Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JKR"

And how will you use that in your own life?

message 4: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments "The intensity of our bodies could shatter these glass walls." Shatter Me, Tahereh Mafi.

Yeah! LOL

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments “I was put on this earth to love you. I know no other kind of existence bit to live and breathe for your well being. It's who I am, and who I will always be.”
― Karen Amanda Hooper, Grasping At Eternity

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments “I'm oxygen and he's dying to breathe.”
― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments “You can't touch me," I whisper. I'm lying, is what I don't tell him. He can touch me, is what I'll never tell him. Please touch me, is what I want to tell him.”
― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments “Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it.
But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.”
― Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments “I run for I don't know how long. Hours, maybe, or days. Alex told me to run. So I run. You have to understand. I am no one special. I am just a single girl. I am five feet two inches tall and I am in-between in every way. But I have a secret. You can build walls all the way to the sky and I will find a way to fly above them. You can try to pin me down with a hundred thousand arms, but I will find a way to resist. And there are many of us out there, more than you think. People who refuse to stop believing. People who refuse to come to earth. People who love in a world without walls, people who love into hate, into refusal, against hope,and without fear. I love you. Remember. They cannot take it.”
― Lauren Oliver, Delirium

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments “A good friend keeps your secrets for you. A best friend helps you keep your own secrets.”
― Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall

I truly love this one with all my heart!

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments “I might be in love with you." He smiles a little. "I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you, though.”
― Veronica Roth, Divergent

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments “People can be cruelest to those they love.”
― Veronica Rossi, Under the Never Sky

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments “There are other things I'd rather do when I'm alone with you."
Time to step off the edge. "Then do them.”
― Veronica Rossi, Under the Never Sky

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments “Every minute you spend with someone gives them a part of your life and takes part of theirs.”
― Ally Condie, Matched

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments “So often we only do what we think is expected of us, when we are capable of so much more.”
― Cynthia Hand, Unearthly

message 16: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments "She is made of awesome sauce."
Entice by Carrie Jones

I just love this quote. I have used this. It cracks my sister up.

message 17: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Dvora, you are made of awesome sauce! Lol

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments Tina wrote: ""She is made of awesome sauce."
Entice by Carrie Jones

I just love this quote. I have used this. It cracks my sister up."

I love this!!!! I still have to read this book! I've read the others!

message 19: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "Tina wrote: ""She is made of awesome sauce."
Entice by Carrie Jones

I just love this quote. I have used this. It cracks my sister up."

I love this!!!! I still have to read this book! I've read ..."

I really liked this series!

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments “Why are you such an ass?" The words came out before I could think twice.
"Everyone has to excel at something, right?"
"Well, you're doing a great job.”
― Jennifer L. Armentrout, Obsidian

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments This one is for D'vora:
“Will you show me what you really look like? You don't sparkle, do you?”

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments “If she was mine, I'd cherish every inch of her. And I wanted to. Now”

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments “Holy Hawt Chemisty, Batman!”

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments “I don't think he meant to kiss me," I said finally.
"What? Did he slip and fall on your mouth? Those things are known to happen.”

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "“I was put on this earth to love you. I know no other kind of existence bit to live and breathe for your well being. It's who I am, and who I will always be.”
― Karen Amanda Hooper, Grasping At Et..."

Wow, how would I use this, huh? Well, who wouldn't want a man saying this to them? This is just what fairy princesses want, right?

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "“I'm oxygen and he's dying to breathe.”
― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me"

Again, brings the thought of breathing someone in. Scent is huge in many books, and in many books it's very significant.

message 27: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "“I'm oxygen and he's dying to breathe.”

Again, brings the thought of breathing someone in. Scent is huge in many books, and in many..."

I haven't read Shatter Me, Is it a good book. I have been thinking about getting it.

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments Tina wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "“I'm oxygen and he's dying to breathe.”

Again, brings the thought of breathing someone in. Scen..."

It's AMAZING!!!! YOU MUST READ IT!

message 29: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "Tina wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "“I'm oxygen and he's dying to breathe.”

Again, brings the thought of breathing som..."

I am a bit behind in my reading, but I am going to buy it and fit it in SOMEWHERE. I need more hours in a day. *sigh

message 30: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "“I'm oxygen and he's dying to breathe.”

AdaMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh chapter 26!!! Mmmmmmmm

message 31: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Tina wrote: "Dvora, you are made of awesome sauce! Lol"

Ooooo, I like the way that sounds. Am I tasty?? (too far?) LOL

message 32: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "This one is for D'vora:
― Jennifer L. Armentrout, Obsidian"

Oh I love me a man that sparkles!!! yeah!!!

message 33: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Tina wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "“I'm oxygen and he's dying to breathe.”

Again, brings the thought of breathing someone in. Scen..."

Tina.....beg, borrow or steal to get this book. You MUST read it!!!!!

message 34: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Brooke, I crown you my quote winner! Your prize is...hmmm. I have to think of a prize now. Let's see. I know! I think I'm going to get you a Taylor Lautner bed set. Complete with pillows, silk sheets. A cozy comforter. And of course to make the comforter as real as possible, I'll make it with dog hair and put some dog smell on it. Poof...instant Jacob! LOLOL ;) Dont forget how much you love me so!!!! Love you my BFF!!! Hehehehe

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments Dvora wrote: "Brooke, I crown you my quote winner! Your prize is...hmmm. I have to think of a prize now. Let's see. I know! I think I'm going to get you a Taylor Lautner bed set. Complete with pillows, silk shee..."

Hmmm...that's sounds nice. But I would rather have a Jared Padalecki bed set, look him up!
MWAH!!!!

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments Tina wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "Tina wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "“I'm oxygen and he's dying to breathe.”

Again,..."

Do you have a ereader? If so, send me a message :)

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments Dvora wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "This one is for D'vora:

Oh I love me a man that sp..."

Well, in this book there's now sparkling, but I think you will like what they have. READ IT!

message 38: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "Dvora wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "This one is for D'vora:

Oh I love me..."

I know I know little miss book pusher! I'm getting there!! Oh so many books, so little time.

message 39: by Lola (new)

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments "Fire to my ice. Ice to my fever"
-Karen Marie Moning, shadowfever

I actually have a bracelet with this quote on it. Love it.

message 40: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Lolita wrote: ""Fire to my ice. Ice to my fever"
-Karen Marie Moning, shadowfever

I actually have a bracelet with this quote on it. Love it."

Oooooo, I like!!!

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments Dvora (Mrs. Cullen Grey) wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "Dvora wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "This one is for D'vora:
― Jennifer L...."

I know but you should put all other books down to read this. I am telling you it is really a great read. You won't want to put it down. Would be great for Shabbos. There's a prequel, as well. The second book comes out in August...I'm chomping at the bit for this one!

message 42: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "Dvora (Mrs. Cullen Grey) wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "Dvora wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "This one is for D'vora:
“Will you show me what you really look like? You don't..."

Brooke...name one book you have told me to read that you didn't say exactly that! LOL I love all the books you recommend!! That being said...I need to concentrate more on one particular book over any other. ;)

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 239 comments Dvora (Mrs. Cullen Grey) wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "Dvora (Mrs. Cullen Grey) wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "Dvora wrote: "Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "This one is for D'vora:
“Will you show me ..."

No, I am serious with this one. You have to go get it and read it this Shabbos. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! Daemon is just...well YUMMY!