Come And Talk About Jesus! discussion

Movements

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) I've come across several great Christian movements over the past 4-5 months. I want to share these movements with you, and if you know of any please share them with us too!!!

message 2: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) 31 Status- This movement is for females trying to get them to see what a true Proverbs 31 woman. It's s little over a year old and is doing many wonderful thing!!!

site: www.31status.com
blog: www.31status.blogspot.com
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/31Status?...
facebook: www.facebook.com/31status

Passion 4 Christ Movement- This movement has been around awhile. It comes out of California and it's big on the srt of spoken word. It has many spoken word artist and pastors that operate under the movement. They have a big spoken word conference every year that also features gospel music artists.

site: www.p4cm.com
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/P4CM?feat...

Young Royalty Academy- This movement strive to help us learn who we are by learning whose we are. They have weekly shows where they have discussions and things. They finished their first season a month ago and should be starting up again soon.

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/youngroya...

message 3: by Alkmini (new)

Alkmini I want to inform you on the movements here in Greece :)
We have "Philemon" which helps drug addicts get over their addiction and come to Christ
We also have "Nea Zoe" (in english it means New Life) and the members visit prostitutes and pray with them and talk to them about God and how much He loves them and wants them to come to Him.
We also have a movement called "Helping Hands" which gives food and clothes to poor people.

message 4: by Alkmini (new)

Alkmini I cannot remember right now other movements.. sorry!

message 5: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) | 23 comments Thanks! I'll keep those movements and the people involved with them in prayer - they all sound wonderful.

message 6: by Alkmini (new)

Alkmini thanks Sam :)

message 7: by Carolyn, My Excellent and Friendly and Thoughtful Mod (new)

Carolyn (caroheartsbooks) | 304 comments Mod
what exactly....are movements? jw

message 8: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Different groups around the world that are working to bring around change. Like the Kony 2012 movement. They are trying to make people aware what's going on in Africa so they can bring around change and get Kony arrested.

message 9: by Carolyn, My Excellent and Friendly and Thoughtful Mod (new)

ohhhhh okay. i get it! there are a lot of rumors that Kony 2012 is a scam though...idk

message 10: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) No it's not. I've saw my first video 2 years ago. If you saw what those people have to go through on a daily basis you'll see it's not a scam. And they aren't even asking for a lot of money. They just want people to get out and let the world know what's going on over there and convince people to help make the government intervene.

Oksana the Bookaholic (cookiegurl) That's crazy... I never really understood it. Why don't they just arrest the guy?

message 12: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) It's something we have to go through the government to be able to do it. That's why they have this Kony 2012 movement going on.

Oksana the Bookaholic (cookiegurl) Oh... Wait! The government doesn't CARE?? See, I don't know a lot about this.

message 14: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) I'm not about to lie to you, so you should look up the videos they're worth it. You should search for Invisible Children or Kony 2012

Oksana the Bookaholic (cookiegurl) That's so sad, though!

message 16: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Not as sad as you think. It'll make you want to get involved!!

message 17: by Carolyn, My Excellent and Friendly and Thoughtful Mod (new)

i watched the video sometime ago 30 min of my life but it was kinda worth it. really cruel

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

If any of you have Facebook, join this open group!
It's about sharing your prayers with others :)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/126136...

message 19: by Carolyn, My Excellent and Friendly and Thoughtful Mod (new)

okay i dont but sounds fun.

message 20: by Leon (new)

Leon kony is fake. i mean, the guy is real, the the movement does almost nothing. i heard that they sent only like 15% of the money they earn to Africa. the rest they use to make commercials and stuff.

Oksana the Bookaholic (cookiegurl) Wow that sucks

message 22: by Leon (new)

Leon my opinion is: they completely conned us

Oksana the Bookaholic (cookiegurl) so ur basically saying ppl pay money for commercials?? wow

message 24: by Leon (new)

Leon it's to convince everyone the support it. no one cares about it now

message 25: by Carolyn, My Excellent and Friendly and Thoughtful Mod (new)

Idk. Its not as talked about anymore

Oksana the Bookaholic (cookiegurl) Announcement: Everyone check out the polls and the new topics! Thnx! :))

message 27: by Leon (new)

Leon like MY new topic. capital G or lower case?

message 28: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) Thats really cool

Oksana the Bookaholic (cookiegurl) LOL. Nice maneuver, Lena ;)

message 30: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Well if they don't advertise how are people suppose to know what's going on? People do care about it even though every post on the internet isn't about it doesn't mean people don't care. Just this past week there was an update on the situation being discussed by government heads. That was the whole point of Kony 2012 to get Congress to act to help those people affected by Kony.

message 31: by Leon (last edited Jun 29, 2012 10:51PM) (new)

Leon Sorry, but I don't think the organization exsists, and neither do my siblings. I don't support the movement