The Canterville Ghost The Canterville Ghost discussion

Product placement in a Wilde Short Story?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (last edited Jun 05, 2012 06:44PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stephen Pinkerton's Champion Stain Remover and Paragon Detergent and Tammany Rising Sun Lubricator both feature prominently in the original version of The Canterville Ghost story.

I'm wondering if the many mentions of Bon Ami cleaner in the children's movie The Ghost and Mr. Chicken was a tribute to this or just a coincidence.

Pamellia hmmm...I'm a bit late on commenting on this,because I am so lost on Goodreads. Anyway, I recently read The Canterville Ghost Story and did not remember the references to these cleaners! If I had caught it, The Ghost and Mr. Chicken would have been the first thing I would have thought about. It may have very well been a tip of the hat to Wilde...how does one find out such things? I'll see if I can do some research on this. Now Stephen, you really have my interest stired!!! (I loved TG & MC!!)

message 3: by Akshay (new)

Akshay Kundu The book is really boring and the end was so predictable.

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish But Bon Ami is real... isn't Pinkerton's a nod to the detectives, and Tammany to Tammany Hall political organization?

(I've not seen the movie, but I enjoyed the story last week.)

message 5: by Allan (new) - added it

Allan Luna I enjoyed the book, but mostly because of the movie starring Patrick Stewart. He was superb as the ghost.

Ishu Rattan I really enjoyed this book.
Because this novel I study in 11th standard.
And I really liked its story. How twins teases ghost and the reality of the ghost . I really liked its ending when the girl came back with her husband. And yes that blood stain part was really good.
It feels great after long time to read this novel .
Thank you so much!