75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Archive (2009 Challenge) > Summer's 75 Books

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Summer (last edited Feb 18, 2009 06:39PM) (new)

Summer Hi everyone. I'm new here and I've always tried to keep track of the books I read in a year but never have a good way of doing it. Hopefully this will work out better for me in keeping track and adding to my TBR list.

Anyways, I'm actually planning on reading at least 100 books this year, in addition to at least 2 a month off my shelf. I have tons of books, yet I still find myself in the stores walking out with a bag of new books. I will mark these by adding an "**" behind the title.

So my goal is basically 124 books, with 24 of those books that I already own. I hope I'll be able to meet my goals.

Summer

message 2: by Summer (new)

Summer 1. Confessions of a Shopaholic
by: Sophie Kinsella
finished: 1/4/9

2. The Five People You Meet in Heaven
by: Mitch Albom
finished: 1/6/9

message 3: by Karol (last edited Jan 21, 2009 12:37PM) (new)

Karol | 1779 comments Hi, Summer! I've just GOT to get around to reading Mitch Albom's book. . .

message 4: by Summer (new)

Summer It was really good, my mom read it and made it out to be a lot better than I really thought it was. But it was still a good book.

message 5: by Summer (last edited Feb 22, 2009 06:12PM) (new)

Summer 3. 1st to Die**#1
by: James Patterson
finished: 1/19/9

4. 2nd Chance**#2
by: James Patterson
finished: 1/25/9

5. Dead Until Dark
by: Charlaine Harris
finished: 1/30/9

So I'm way behind with school starting and all that good stuff, but I'm slowly catching up. I didn't read any books that I already had in January, but I'll just double up this month. I have a feeling I can get back on track.

message 6: by Summer (new)

Summer 6. Living Dead in Dallas
finished: 2/2/9

So far I love this series. I will definitely be reading this series all the way through as the next one comes out in May.
(I'll also probably end up purchasing the HBO show to watch)

message 7: by Meghanly (new)

Meghanly | 253 comments I love the Sookie series too! I am on the waiting list for the new one coming out this year - can't wait! Definitely read the books before you watch the series - the show is actually really good in its own right, but gives away a few secrets in the first couple of episodes that you shouldn't find out until the 3rd or 4th book.

Enjoy!

message 8: by Summer (new)

Summer Yeah, my assistant manager at work has them all too, she's letting me borrow them to read. They are sooo good. I was really kinda not looking forward to them as I'm not (or wasn't) into the whole vampire thing. However, these books are amazing and I will probably end up purchasing the series as well as the new one.

She also has the series on DVD, so after the books I'll probably borrow that as well.

On the other hand. I'm reading the third book now, and it is no where near as good as the first two were. I'm about 5 chapters into it, and so far I feel like I've been left hanging on a lot of things. Hopefully it'll pick up soon!

message 9: by Summer (new)

Summer 7. Club Dead
finished: 2/8/9

message 10: by Summer (new)

Summer 8. Dead to the World
finished: 2/12/9

message 11: by Summer (new)

Summer 9. Dead as a Doornail
finished 2/18/9

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan Hi Summer,
I'm a big fan of these books, too and am waiting for the next installmment. Sookie is a great character and Anna Paquin does a great job portraying her in the series.

message 13: by Summer (new)

Summer So, since school is still kicking my butt my reading is still going really slow. When I was looking through my posts I realized that 1st to Die and 2nd Chance were both books that I already owned. So for Jan at least, I did read 2 books that I already owned. I'm not sure how I missed it, but I guess school starting just threw me off. :/

message 14: by Summer (new)

Summer 10. Lust**#3
by: Robin Wasserman
finished: 2/22/9

message 15: by Summer (new)

Summer 11. Definitely Dead
finished: 2/28/9

message 16: by Summer (new)

Summer 12. Joe College
by: Tom Perrotta
finished: 3/11/9