Come And Talk About Jesus! discussion

Love Discipleship

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) This is where we will talk about God's love. Post your favorite scriptures talking about love (love from God, brotherly love, and relationship). Tell us how you apply the scriptures in your everyday life. What do these scriptures mean to you personally?

You can also ask and get advice about dating, marriage, crushes, and love boundaries.

message 2: by Alkmini (last edited Jun 07, 2012 01:33AM) (new)

Alkmini Favorite scriptures talking about love:
"Since thou hast been precious in my sight, and honorable, and I have loved thee;" Isaiah 43:4a
"For the mountains may depart, and the hills be removed; but my loving kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall my covenant of peace be removed, saith Jehovah that hath mercy on thee." Isaiah 54:10
Whenever I read my Bible, I read these two verses too because they really brighten my day! It makes me feel so special that the Holy God loves me, and that in His sight I am precious!!! Whenever I feel down, these scriptures really help me. Our God is an AWESOME God!

message 3: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Those are some really great scriptures!! I'll have to add them to my love list.

message 4: by Alkmini (new)

Alkmini Yes they are so encouraging and helpful!

message 5: by Alkmini (new)

Alkmini If you haven't already read the book of Isaiah I really think you should! It's one of my favorites :)

message 6: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Ok cool I'll check it out!!! :D

message 8: by Carolyn, My Excellent and Friendly and Thoughtful Mod (new)

Carolyn (caroheartsbooks) | 304 comments Mod
Nice guys! The first chapter i every memorized was 1 Cor. 13 and its really good!!! We all need to remember Love is patient love is kind it does not boast it does not envy it is not proud, it is not self seeking, easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs

Oksana the Bookaholic (cookiegurl) True... we like to love people who like us... But we also need to love those who infuriate us

message 10: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) So true!!

message 11: by Alkmini (new)

Alkmini Oksana I loved the scriptures you posted! Especially ! Cor. 13:13
And Caro, yes we all need to remember that. That's why I love listening to "LOVE" by Bruno Mars and Jaeson Ma.

Oksana the Bookaholic (cookiegurl) Alkmini: I thought so too!!! It's uplifting :)

message 13: by Alkmini (new)

Alkmini Yeah it is :)

message 14: by Alea (new)

Alea (b-young) Not very original maybe, but I think John 3:16 is a great qoute. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

For me it's all about who much god loves everyone and a promise to what's to come :) It gives me comfort to read.

Oksana the Bookaholic (cookiegurl) Haha... We were so focused on finding rare quotes, we forgot the most important one! B-Young, tanks for the reminder!! Yeah, that's a fantastic verse. Every day, just as you wake up, you should say it to yourself.

message 16: by Carolyn, My Excellent and Friendly and Thoughtful Mod (new)

Love is not a feeling or an emotion its a choice. agreed everyone! John 3:16 is probably the most famous verse ever because it sums everything we believe in!

Oksana the Bookaholic (cookiegurl) Absolutely! It's the reason we are living today.

message 18: by Carolyn, My Excellent and Friendly and Thoughtful Mod (new)

we were talking about jesus' salvation and resurrection in VBS today and some of the kids were so touched they started crying...it was so sad but sweet

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

AW!

Oksana the Bookaholic (cookiegurl) That's so sweet!!♥♥☺

message 21: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) He truly loves us all,no matter what! Im so thankful!

message 22: by Carolyn, My Excellent and Friendly and Thoughtful Mod (new)

Yay! Totally agreed

message 23: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) :)

Oksana the Bookaholic (cookiegurl) Four♥thumbs♥up!!

message 25: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) Thanks:)

message 26: by Carolyn, My Excellent and Friendly and Thoughtful Mod (new)

love the hearts!

Oksana the Bookaholic (cookiegurl) L♥l th♥nks!!