Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Personal Reading Challenges > My goal for the summer of 2012 !

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I want to read all the books on my nook that I have not had time to read, due to school. It is a least over a hundred books. Yeah me!

message 2: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Good for you, Jessie! Do you think you can read them all during the summer?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

D.G. ~Shameless Hussy~ wrote: "Good for you, Jessie! Do you think you can read them all during the summer?"

I hope i can. Some books i stoped in the middle because it was boring, but i will finish the because it feel like i just gave up, and i hate giving up on the books. I like to finish them to make sure i truely gave the book and author a try.

message 4: by Leea (new)

Leea This is a great thread idea. Thank you Jessie for putting it together.

I just want to read a 2-3 books a week this summer.

message 5: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Stewart (haybop) Ah, to be young and have summer holidays again - I'd be whizzing through my TBR list if I could - good luck to ya folks. My aim is to clear all my books so I can buy new ones (only 40+ to go!)

message 6: by D.G. (new)

D.G. That's exactly what I thought, Hayley! I wish I had the time to devote the summer to reading!

Jessie - I suggest you don't start forcing yourself to read books you left in the middle. Start with a new one so you can build the excitement.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

D.G. ~Shameless Hussy~ wrote: "That's exactly what I thought, Hayley! I wish I had the time to devote the summer to reading!

Jessie - I suggest you don't start forcing yourself to read books you left in the middle. Start with a..."

Thank you lady for the the advice I will start reading te fifty shades of grey first, i want to see what everyone is talking about. I just having issue with reading it i donnot think it will be for me, but I am willing to try maybe after i read a few chapters i would be so hooked i will read the rest in a few days lol! Thanks and enjoy a good book, and i hope you finish your goals also

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 06, 2012 06:44AM) (new)

I just want to read a 2-3 books a week this summer."
You are welcome. I hope you enjoy every book, and keep me posted on your progress and the books you read, maybe i will get some ideas from your books for my fall goals.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hayley wrote: "Ah, to be young and have summer holidays again - I'd be whizzing through my TBR list if I could - good luck to ya folks. My aim is to clear all my books so I can buy new ones (only 40+ to go!)"

How many did you started with, 40 is quite a bit but you can do it, just dont overwhelm yourself. Good luck to you!

message 10: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Stewart (haybop) Jessie wrote: "Hayley wrote: "Ah, to be young and have summer holidays again - I'd be whizzing through my TBR list if I could - good luck to ya folks. My aim is to clear all my books so I can buy new ones (only 4..."

Yep, I'm just gonna tell my boss I'm taking a summer holiday - I remember between July 4th to about Sept 7th were the good old times :D

D.G. ~Shameless Hussy~ wrote: "How many did you started with, 40 is quite a bit but you can do it, just dont overwhelm yourself"

It was over 50 :) I don't overwhelm myself, just take the books as they come, 20+ years of book reading experience at work ;D