Basically Books! discussion

ARR-Completed-post review links > ARR # 31 - EYE OF THE STORM: WHERE EVIL LIES by Naomi Paige

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (last edited Jun 08, 2012 05:33AM) (new)

Tana (tana_t)
Eye of The Storm Where Evil Lies by Naomi Paige Naomi Paige

Genre:Religious Thriller

Eye of The Storm: Where Evil Lies

Book Description

THE DAWN OF EVIL SERVES AS A SPRINGBOARD FOR THE DECLINE OF THE HUMAN SOUL AND THE INEVITABLE APOCALYPSE OF THE EARTH AS WE KNOW IT. IT IS LEFT UP TO JUST A FEW BRAVE SOULS TO HUNT EVIL THROUGH THE THRESHOLD OF TIME WHERE IT BEGAN IN THE YEAR 1200BC, AND WHERE IT WILL FIND ITS END.

Eric Jonas lived a life of misery from a street kid of Brooklyn, New York to a New York Detective consumed by fear, hate, insecurities, and haunting memories from his past. He had seen more death and destruction than any one person should ever have had to witness in one lifetime.

However, what he didn't know was that evil had crossed the gateways of time, and had planted itself deeply into the minds of us all, so that one day, it may claim the souls of humanity and the earth forever. He had not sensed the evil within him, growing stronger, controlling his every move.

Eric found strength and wisdom through the word of God, and vowed to be an enemy of evil. He swore to hunt it down and kill it. Through a tsunami storm sent by Cain to destroy and cause pain and chaos, which he conjured up with the use of a powerful weapon called the Jagawak, Eric with the Warriors of Light and a few others crossed the gateway of time to the land of Nok, the year 1200 BC, where evil began, and must be put to rest during a great battle. It is up to him and others like him to save us all.

Be one of the first people to sign up below in order to receive a free copy of this ebook to Read and Review! It would be appreciated if you could post your reviews on sites ie. Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords.

Formats available: All - Smashwords

All reviews should be completed and posted within 3 weeks after you recieve your copy of the ebook.

Leave us your Name and email address

1. Angie - wanderoflostpaths@yahoo.com
2. Jess - jess@mountifield.org
3. Mirvan - elryxe@hotmail.com
4. Maryann - azmtns@gmail.com
5. Pam - TheFourHorsemenSeries@hotmail.com

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 35 comments wanderoflostpaths@yahoo.com

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess Mountifield | 32 comments can I get a copy please - jess@mountifield.org

message 4: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) sent you both emails

message 5: by Mirvan. (new)

Mirvan. Ereon (mirvanereon) | 16 comments I want to review it please. elryxe@hotmail.com

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 35 comments I just downloaded it.

message 7: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) sent you an email Mirvan

message 8: by Maryann (new)

Maryann | 16 comments azmtns@gmail.com

message 9: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) sent you an email also Maryann

message 10: by Pam (new)

Pam Funke | 36 comments TheFourHorsemenSeries@hotmail.com Thank you.

message 11: by Pam (new)

Pam Funke | 36 comments I would like to review this book as well. Thank you. TheFourHorsemenSeries@hotmail.com

message 12: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) sent you an email Pam

message 13: by Pam (new)

Pam Funke | 36 comments After we write the review, where is it supposed to be posted?

message 14: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) you can post it on goodreads, amazon if the author uses smashwords code then you can post a review on smashwords etc.

message 15: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) and then copy the links to the post and paste them in here.

message 16: by Pam (new)

Pam Funke | 36 comments Book Review of Eye of the Storm: Where Evil Lies by Naomi Page
I received a free copy of this book for the purpose of review. This review is my opinion and is intended to help the author to improve her work.
Eye of the Storm: Where Evil Lies sadly was very poorly written. It is filled with numerous misspelled words and grammatical errors. The story lacks a smooth flow from one subject to another making it a little difficult to follow. The story jumps around too much without allowing the story to flow smoothly. With the story written the way that it is, it does not captivate the audience and keep their attention. I found the story hard to finish. It was not one of those books that makes you want to keep reading to find out what happens next, although with much work it could be.
Eye of the Storm: Where Evil Lies is listed as a Christian Thriller, however would do better under a different genre as written; either Thriller or Science Fiction. It does not follow the guidelines to be considered a Christian Thriller or any other Christian genre. The author will need to remove quite a bit of things from her story if she wishes to keep this as a true Christian Thriller.
The author also needs to do some research into some of the topics that she discusses in her book to get the correct facts together to make her story more believable. Just because things happen in a certain way on television does not by all means mean that that is the correct protocol of the way that things are to be done.
However, I do believe that if the author either takes out the time to do some serious editing or hires someone to do so for her (removing all spelling and grammar mistakes) and moving some things around to make the story flow more smoothly that Eye of the Storm: Where Evil Lies has the potential to become an excellent story worth reading from cover to cover. Naomi Page does have the potential of becoming a good author with a little work. I look forward towards seeing what the author does with this story. I would be interested in re-reading the story after she has done some more work on it. But until then I do not recommend wasting your time.
The story starts out by giving you a little background information on the Kennites, an evil cult run by the son of Bane, Cain, and his quest to conquer the world. But then it jumps to the lives of Shelby and her husband Eric, a police officer who allowed the evil influences of the world to cause him to do some rather unsavory things in his life. From attempting to rob a police officer to spousal abuse. The story attempts to follow the life of Eric and how in the end he overcomes the influence that evil had over his life and chooses instead to become good.

Here are the links to my review of this book.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/eye-o...

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile...

message 17: by Huma (new)

Huma (jadedgoth) | 68 comments May I get a copy, please? [ paraphernelic@gmail.com ]

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 35 comments Sorry for the late review. Posted reviews on Smashwords,LibraryThing.com,Amazon,and Barnes & Noble. Here's my review:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...