Q&A with author Frank Nappi discussion

New Video Posted

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frank (new)

Frank Nappi (fnap33) | 258 comments Mod
Check out the video - an interview with Mitch Williams a former MLB player. Two of his sons have autism. Good interview.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan Ashcraft (sashcraft) | 2 comments It was an interesting interview. I would like to have heard more on how his children were diagnosed. My oldest son had meningitis when he was 5 months old and wasn't the same afterward, We believed he had lost his hearing but it took almost a year before we found a doctor who listened to our concerns and finally tested him. He has no residual hearing. That was a long time ago, my son is now 29, but I wonder if doctors today listen better to concerns now then they did then.

message 3: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Knight | 5 comments Frank wrote: "Check out the video - an interview with Mitch Williams a former MLB player. Two of his sons have autism. Good interview."

Is there a link to the video? I can't seem to find it. Please advise. Thanks.

message 5: by Frank (new)

Susan wrote: "It was an interesting interview. I would like to have heard more on how his children were diagnosed. My oldest son had meningitis when he was 5 months old and wasn't the same afterward, We believed..."

Susan - really good point.

message 6: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Knight | 5 comments Frank wrote: "http://youtu.be/uq9dCB2I7ME"

Thanks so much. I watched the video. It was very interesting and informative. Thanks for posting it.

message 7: by Cyndee (new)

Cyndee Thomas | 20 comments I think the interview was good. I think he was kind to mention the family member who works with the Autism students who can be a challenge. I think all workers need more training about Autism and shaping behavior. Yes, I do have lasting signs of being bit. I learned the signs to watch for when it became close to a breaking point. That took time. Many would not understand...Again early therapy is important. I wish Parents too would work with the professionals in therapy, schools and Doctors. Thanks for letting me have my say. Autism is unique.. Cyndee

message 8: by Frank (new)

Thanks for sharing Cyndee.