Mrs. Garza Summer 2012 discussion

Fairy Tales > Poetry Analysis

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maricela (last edited Jun 05, 2012 01:20PM) (new)

Maricela | 18 comments Mod
Beauty -- be not caused -- It Is --
Chase it, and it ceases --
Chase it not, and it abides --

Overtake the Creases

In the Meadow -- when the Wind
Runs his fingers thro' it --
Deity will see to it
That You never do it --

--Emily Dickinson

Discuss what Dickinson means when she says, "Chase it, and it ceases-- Chase it not, and it abides."
Try to give examples of how trying to make something beautiful can have the opposite effect.

message 2: by Ezra (new)

Ezra Garza | 5 comments "Beauty cannont be given nor earned. Some beauty can go noticed forever and some will never be seen by anyone else. True beauty is the way you think about it and how you share it with others."
- Ezra James Garza

message 3: by Jodi (last edited Jun 06, 2012 11:25AM) (new)

Jodi (jodi-beth) | 6 comments Eloquent response, Ezra.

message 4: by Yasmine (new)

Yasmine (YasmineDelrio) | 5 comments beuty is determined of whats in youre inside nnot the outer beuty.

message 5: by Lucero (new)

Lucero castillo (lucerocastillo) | 7 comments I think that beuty can't be juged by the outside what really matters is what its on the inside.

message 6: by Fabiola (new)

Fabiola | 10 comments Beauty doesn't matter on the outside it matters on the inside.

1.playing a instrument because it shows how you really are.

2.drawing because you express yourself.

message 7: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Hernandez | 10 comments IS LOVE FLOWING IN TTHE AIR.

message 8: by Lesly (new)

Lesly (leslyhernandez) | 7 comments beauty really doesn't matter because the only beauty that importance is the inside beauty

message 9: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 9 comments I believe that beauty matters more what is in you not out you.

message 10: by Maricela (new)

Lesly wrote: "beauty really doesn't matter because the only beauty that importance is the inside beauty"

I agree... inner beauty is a must!

message 11: by Vicente (new)

Vicente Rodriguez | 7 comments Beauty does not come from looks it matters whats in the inside

message 12: by GRACIELA (new)

GRACIELA | 9 comments I belive that beauty dosen't matter, what matters is on the inside of what kind of person are you :)

message 13: by Jazmine (last edited Jun 13, 2012 06:01AM) (new)

Jazmine (fidolifa) | 10 comments Beauty isn't looks,popularity,or how prfect you are its whats in the inside not from the outside.

message 14: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (evelynperrett) | 10 comments Beauty isn't judged for what's on the outside it's judged for what's on the inside.

message 15: by Maricela (last edited Jun 13, 2012 06:23AM) (new)

Maricela wrote: "Beauty -- be not caused -- It Is --
Chase it, and it ceases --
Chase it not, and it abides --

Overtake the Creases

In the Meadow -- when the Wind
Runs his fingers thro' it --
Deity will see to it..."

I think that people who try to chase beauty end up losing its true meaning or sense all together. For example, one time I was watching Dr. 90210 and a lady kept going back to have plastic surgery to the extent of becoming unrecognizable to those who knew her. She was chasing beauty but was not able to attain it because somewhere within her transformation she had lost her vision of it.

message 16: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela Tiquet (Gabby13) | 9 comments What matters is the inside of a person,to see how they truly are.

message 17: by Claire (new)

Claire (ClaireRDZ) | 11 comments Beauty is not made by the human attractivness but is what a being is on the inside.