The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) The Lost Hero question

Did anyone think this book didn't really have a point?

deleted member Jun 08, 2012 04:47AM   0 votes
R U A PERCY JACKSON FAN??? if not i suggest you read The Percy Jackson series bfore readin heroes of olympus

the point is to give intro/ background for the new characters in the series, since we know almost nothing about them. It really is a good book and I would have read it even if it had no point. Besides if youve read the first Percy Jackson series you would know that Rick never writes a book without a point. If you have read Percy Jackson before then dont fear, he'll be back in the next book, Son of Neptune. Just be patient and stick through this one :)

it wasn't too bad. I just missed Percy's POV more than anything. That was really the only reason i read it because someone told me it had Percy in it (in the second book, he's back!). It can be thought of as pointless since it is just the a new prophecy with the characters. I didn't mind it, its quite entertaining as usual.

deleted member Jun 05, 2012 07:05PM   0 votes
..yes it had a point!!...I just don't know what it is :P

muahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahha

Ok seriously, if you know the myth of Jason and the Argonauts ( Jason gathers a ship load of really brave men to do on a really dangerous adventure)...its something like that ( something like it and not totally like it because RR mixed in with other myths). Jason Grace was suppose to be the main/first person who gets the Greek and Roman camps together to complete the prophercy about the 7 strongest demigods.

I think it's really just a good intro to The Heroes of Olympus. And you should probably read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series before this one. :)

Lena That's true. Plus this one gives some background for the next book. ...more
Jun 07, 2012 08:44AM
Augusta Yup definitely
Jun 08, 2012 08:11AM