The chronicles of Narnia discussion

movie > The Canceling of The Dawn Treader

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Have you all heard? Disney quit on The Dawn Treader. The movie is on hold indefinitely.

You can read about it here: http://spareoom.net

message 2: by Karina (new)

Karina no way. are you serirous?! they can't do that...can they?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Apparently they can...

I mean, maybe the contract was a kind of employer/employee thing. The boss can fire his workers at any time, so I guess maybe Disney just decided to quit.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Also, I don't know too much about actors and contracts, but if The Dawn Treader is on hold indefinitely, I'm guessing the actors might be free to do other movies. So...watch for their names in movie previews.

message 5: by Jaime Lynn (new)

Jaime Lynn (jmelynnou) I am so sad! The Voyage of the Dawn Treader was one of my favorite books!

message 6: by Karina (new)

Karina It wasn't my favorite book, but I wanted to see it made to a movie anyway.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 07, 2009 10:41AM) (new)

Yeah, I was really interested in the actor that was going to play Eustace. He looked like he could make a perfect "record-stinker" but I was curious to see if he could pull it off once Eustace turned. (I mean, Skandar Keynes did an alright job with Edmund, but I think Eustace is a little more difficult)

message 8: by Doug (new)

Doug Rogers (NZDoug) | 1 comments :'( ow this is a blow. I was so wanting to see this once it was made

message 9: by Karina (new)

Karina i know me too!

message 10: by Karina (new)

Karina i thought they'd already cast eustace

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

They had: (Will Poulter) That's what I was saying. I was hoping he could pull off being a stinker and then being very good.

message 12: by Hayley (new)

Hayley  | 66 comments I'm glad Disney did the movie it was really good