Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 4710 comments Mod
Dang I love this show. I wish they did more episodes. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman have great bromance chemistry, and I love the stylish elements, like how they show Sherlock figuring out things.

This is a show that I can rewatch again and again and see something different.

message 2: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 465 comments I fully agree Lady D. I don't know if I'm necessary into the term bromance but I do love when characters are able to engage with powerful chemistry and have verbal jousting like those two. I'm looking forward to Freeman in The Hobbit (Benedict Cumberbatch is also voicing Smaug) personally.

Did Series 2 finally air in the US? What did you think of the finale using spoilers of course?

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 4710 comments Mod
I haven't gotten to watch the finale for season 2 yet. My sister DVR'd season 2 on Masterpiece Theater, and I am working my way through it. What you described essentially is bromance. It's not a sexual thing so much as a tight bond between two guys.

message 4: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 465 comments Yeah I know that's what bromance is I'm just not into the way people use the term sometimes lol.

But yeah when you get around to the finale watch out. I can't say much but what I can say is that it was one of the finest episodes of any television show I've seen.

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

I feel like that with every episode of this show. I was blown away by the episode with Irene Adler.

message 6: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 465 comments That's a great piece of poetry.

I did assume a third series had to be on the way the way it ended myself. (view spoiler)

message 7: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 465 comments That's luck you can play any region. My laptop can change regions currently for about three more goes before it locks itself. I had to change it to the Malaysian area for a dvd made in Australia (where I live) of all things...

message 8: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 465 comments I'll give it a look someday thanks!

message 9: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 87 comments I love it! I just wish I didn't have to wait until Jan next year to find out how Sherlock survived!

message 10: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 465 comments Yeah I keep trying to figure it out exactly and while I think I have some of the idea pieces of it aren't fully fitting together.

message 11: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 87 comments Apprently the 3rd season is coming in January but thats not confirmed.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I love this show ! But way too less episodes per season :/

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

I agree, Karen!

message 14: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 87 comments Now it's been delayed. :(

They aren't going to start filming season 3 until summer 2013. :'(

message 15: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Sad news. Probably because Martin is doing The Hobbit and Benedict is doing the new Star Trek movie.

message 16: by Donna (new)

Donna | 107 comments Such a great show. And despite the short number of shows, it's good to see quality over quantity.

message 17: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 87 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Sad news. Probably because Martin is doing The Hobbit and Benedict is doing the new Star Trek movie."

Very true. They've both stated in interviews that they are fully commited to a 3rd season. Benedict spoke very recently about how much he loves Sherlock and really wants to continue it.

Yay!

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

I watched the series finale from the second series. Wow!!!

I can't think of anything else to say.

It's going to be a long wait for the next series!

message 19: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 465 comments Ah, glad you finally got around to that. It was really good. I rewatched it trying to figure out what was going on and the brilliance of the episode is in how tightly scripted it was to hide what needed to be hidden. I have suspicions (view spoiler) Is anyone else really looking forward to seeing Benedict Cumberbatch voice Smaug next year and act as the villain in the new Star Trek sequel? He's a very talented actor in my view.

message 20: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

I had the same thought as you in your spoiler. I am excited to see Benedict in both movies. I really like him too, although I admit that Martin is my fave of the two.

I'm probably going to rewatch both seasons when I get a chance. I've already watched "A Scandal in Bohemia" twice now.

message 21: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 465 comments I only rewatched a handful of episodes from season 1 and all of season 2. I love it because it's, for the most part, pretty clean while also possessing a good amount of grit and a relationship to the books while not being the books.

message 22: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

I agree! It's on Netflix, which is awesome!

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 29, 2013 06:28AM) (new)

He is voicing Smaug ? That should be interesting.

Also very interested to know how (view spoiler)

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Karen, do you mind putting your post in a spoiler tag? Just in case someone gets on here who hasn't watched Series Two?

Just put your last sentence between [spoiler] and [/spoiler] but replace the brackets with < and >

message 25: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 87 comments Karen wrote: "He is voicing Smaug ? That should be interesting.

Also very interested to know how his death was faked in sherlock."

He's Smaug and The Necromancer (view spoiler)

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so so sorry danielle ! I completely forgot !

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

S.L.J. wrote: "Karen wrote: "He is voicing Smaug ? That should be interesting.

Also very interested to know how his death was faked in sherlock."

He's Smaug and The Necromancer [spoilers removed]"

Ohk !

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

No problem, Karen. Thanks!