David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Archive's > Who are you?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments I thought it would be fun to post a little about ourselves and say how we know David. Since he is the reason we are all here. You can share whatever you like. Fun facts that people don't know, or whatever. I'll start.

1. I'm an alien from another planet.
2. I'm on a mission to find great paranormal and dystopian authors to give me ideas on what kind of world I want to create.
3. I met David on GR and thought he would be a great candidate. You all think he is going on a trip around the world, but really I have him and his wife in our lab right now studying their minds to help with my cause.

Ok, how about you? :)

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments 1. I work a lot.(too much)
2. I met David on GR, he was one of the first people to talk to me.(thank you)
3. I want to be just like Dvora. :)

message 3: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Tina wrote: "1. I work a lot.(too much)
3. I want to be just like Dvora. :)"

I think we can work something out to help you. *note...nobody can be just like me! LOL

message 4: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Dvora wrote: "Tina wrote: "1. I work a lot.(too much)
3. I want to be just like Dvora. :)"

I think we can work something out to..."

LOL--If I could be 1/2 as witty and energetic as you are, I'd probably feel like queen for a day! LOL

message 5: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) Lol!

1. I have an overload of younger siblings.
2. Met David in a writing group and he said he'd be a beta reader for me when my book was done. :3
3. I work. (not a lot xD)
4. I've had writers block for months now :/

message 6: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 119 comments 1. Mother of 4 with a way younger BF. Yikes :)
2. Met David here on Goodreads.
3. I'm looking for work and at this point will do about anything....well almost.

message 7: by Nicole (last edited Jun 05, 2012 05:27PM) (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 107 comments 1. Married to my best friend, with two amazing kids
Gotta get this out there if you are to know me.
I refer to my husband (Rob) as boy genius and all the Divas call him BG for short
My eldest child, Drew is a gift from the almightly, he is gorgeous, smart, and sweet (you know carbon copy of me) He is known as "The Head" because he has a massive noggin. At birth it was 15 inches instead of the normal 13.
My youngest is Dominic, aka Demon Spawn, the Dominator and any number of derogatory terms I will not admit to . He is a carbon copy of my hubs but without social edicate to shut the F up when appropriate

My Boys are massive, came out big and stayed that way

2. I own two companies one I only do the billing and books for, that one is on the other side of my house with my husband doing high end web programming. And my baby is shareAread.

That's how I met David, he sent me a friend request back in.... November I think, I saw he was a new author and gave him a bunch of advice, and now we work together!

3. I believe in Random acts of kindness and co-existing. I also believe the universe will rise to meet you when you are on the right path and could show you lots of examples why. As my husband would "tree hugger hippie crap" lmao

message 8: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments I guess I can say something more serious about me now.

1. I'm an orthodox Jewish woman.
2. Yes I always wear long sleeves, long skirts, cover up to my collarbone and cover my hair.
3. Yes when it is 100 degrees outside I am hot. I'm not sure how much that has to do with my clothing though. I assume everyone is hot when it's 100 degrees. Just sayin'. (true story) someone actually took my picture the other day while I was walking across the street. What am I a freak?? Stupid tourist. Next time I'll charge!
4. I have 4 kids ranging from 3-9
Yes my boys wear yarmulkes and have those curly things (payos) on the sides of their heads. And I think they are the most adorable children in the world! And they love me more, So they say.
5. I love all people, from all walks of life.
6. NO I don't preach. So if your worried about that, you can stop now. I do what I do, you do what you do. Enjoy life!
7. As most of you know, I have a slightly unhealthy obsession with RPatz and I'm am totally fine with it! I'll still love you if you think I'm crazy.

I can go on and on. Oh and I also met David on here and think he is pretty cool. Just finished his first book and I totally loved it!!!!!!! I highly recommend it to anyone if you haven't read it yet. Then again, if you haven't read it yet, what the heck are you doing in this group? Go read the book!

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 107 comments lmao, AND I happen to know more about Orthodox Judaism than any gentile should

message 10: by Caedy (new)

Caedy  Eries (karida) | 151 comments *waves*
Howdy.
Okay, a bit about me...

1. I am the oldest of five. 1 biological sister, 1 step-brother, 1 step-sister, 1 half-brother.
2. I've lived in Florida since I was 5 and have been to Walt Disney World more times than I can count.
3. I don't have a car, and take public transportation to work which is what gives me pretty much ALL of my time to read as the bus system in my city stinks.
4. I have 2 bachelors degrees and a partially complete Masters degree (ran out of funding and can't get loans right now to complete the Masters). My 1st is in Business Administration with a minor in Religious Studies. My 2nd is in Health Services Administration.
5. I have a personal dislike for organized religion. It doesn't work for me, don't expect me to participate. My belief system is a hodgepodge of ideals from various world religions, but I was raised Catholic (straight through to confirmation in high school).
6. I like food, and it shows. I'm not a tiny girl, haven't been a tiny girl since I was a kid.
7. I met David here on GR, offered to read his first book in a group AR&R and we just kinda hit it off. He's really kinda epic in a witty, sarcastic, fits perfectly into my circle of friends kinda way :)

message 11: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Nicole Marie wrote: "lmao, AND I happen to know more about Orthodox Judaism than any gentile should"

You might know more than me! LOL

Oh an 1 more I guess kind of cool thing to mention. I am currently writing my first novel. Paranormal Romance (lots of romance lol) it's so much fun and am really loving it.

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 107 comments Hey Martha... lol... Ditto on number 5 for me

I find religion fascinating, grew up catholic as well but I'm agnostic now. I LOVE learning about religion and why people do what they do, as long as they don't try to sell me "their God"

message 13: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments About me, hmmm
1. I am a mom with 6 sons. Ages 16-24. That obviously takes up a lot of time. :)
2. My hubby hates when I read or am on the computer because "I ignore him". Lol
3. I am a stna at a retirement community. Full time, so I usually go to bed early.
4.I love Harry Potter. The books, the movies and Daniel Radcliff. I put one of the movies on every night before I go to bed.(can't help myself)
5. David was one of the first to talk to me on GR. Honestly he made me feel comfortable on here...then I found more of you wonderful people.

message 14: by Caedy (new)

Caedy  Eries (karida) | 151 comments LOL Nicole, indeed. Please don't try and sell me on "your God."

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I'm masochistic enough to try and write 3 50,000 word novels in 3 months time (June, August and November). I am participating in both sessions of Camp NaNoWriMo (Summer camp version of National Novel Writing Month) and National Novel Writing Month itself in November.

All 3 books will be part of my steampunk-fantasy-romance type series called Songs of the Aether. Book One (which I am working on now, and HIDEOUSLY behind on my word count) is called A Tinker's Tune.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Tina wrote: "About me, hmmm
1. I am a mom with 6 sons. Ages 16-24. That obviously takes up a lot of time. :)
3. I am a stn..."

YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PoTTer HeAD Here too! BTW I'm Erylla(call me Bea[Be-ya]). I haven't really read the books of David but he's super nice to everybody :)) I LOVEE HARRY POTTER SO SHUT UP, TWIHARDS.

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 107 comments lol Martha, It could be worse one of my authors (not David) usually hands me her book 2 days before the release date, lmao

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 107 comments Tina you are gonna love Moon Dwellers then

message 18: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Erylla Beatrish *Anti-Twilight* Ohime-sama wrote: "Tina wrote: "About me, hmmm
3..."

I never understood why there is such a problem between Harry Potter and Twilight. They are two totally different movies. Even if they were alike, why can't someone like both? Or like one and not the other? Is it just for fun, or do people really take this seriously? Just curious. Gee I hope I haven't started anything. LOL

message 19: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Erylla Beatrish *Anti-Twilight* Ohime-sama wrote: "Tina wrote: "About me, hmmm
3..."

A woman with great taste. Lol Davids Evolution series is fantastic. We are going to start reading the first book(2chapters a day) on June 15th. I hope you will join the discussion. I love the main characters!

message 20: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Nicole Marie wrote: "Tina you are gonna love Moon Dwellers then"

I am so anxious to read it. Just reading the description had me jumping up and down (literally). :)

message 21: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Dvora wrote: "Nicole Marie wrote: "lmao, AND I happen to know more about Orthodox Judaism than any gentile should"

Oh an 1 more I guess kind of cool thing to mention. I am curr..."

Yay! I didn't know you write. I want to read it when it's finished. I bet it will have humor as well as the romance. Please keep me posted. I will buy it as soon as it's ready. :)

message 22: by Dvora (last edited Jun 05, 2012 06:51PM) (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Tina wrote: "Dvora wrote: "Nicole Marie wrote: "lmao, AND I happen to know more about Orthodox Judaism than any gentile should"

Oh an 1 more I guess kind of cool thing to ment..."

Awww thanks! More romance than humor. Some banter (which I also love). I'm not close to being done. So I'll see what I can do about the humor. Im really not that funny. I'm just crazy. Btw....I don't write. I just have a very vivid imagination. I have never even tried to do something like this before. LOL

message 23: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Dvora wrote: "Tina wrote: "Dvora wrote: "Nicole Marie wrote: "lmao, AND I happen to know more about Orthodox Judaism than any gentile should"

Oh an 1 more I guess kind of cool ..."

I am sure you will do wonderfully. You are sharp, highly intelligent and absolutely hillarious. You always crack me up.

message 24: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 107 comments Dvora don't you have one of those amazingly fabulous wigs though?

My BFF is going through a separation (He husband wigged out on her). But she still wears it, she is like hell no I'm not going to stop wearing my wig.

message 25: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments I have 4 different kinds. Two full wigs. One that is called a band fall. Its amost a full wig. It stops at the hair line on top and you wear a headband on it between the hair line and your forehead. The other kind i have is a hat fall. Basically the top is just a net, and the hair starts about 1/4 of the way down. These you wear with a hat. Hence the name. I LOVE wearing them. They are all totally different. If I could afford it, I would get a bunch. I love having different looks. They are all very funky and cool. Because that's how I roll.

message 26: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 107 comments LOL, I know she would never give it up.

message 27: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Omg I so love this thread, like read it three times and still laughed my shirt (well technically it was already off because I'm in Hawaii and people don't wear shirts here lol)

message 28: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 107 comments hehehehe, I think I can vouch for that!

message 29: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments David wrote: "Omg I so love this thread, like read it three times and still laughed my shirt (well technically it was already off because I'm in Hawaii and people don't wear shirts here lol)"

Thanks David. I aim to please.

message 30: by Caedy (new)

Caedy  Eries (karida) | 151 comments I love the epic group of people that I've come to know on this site.

Nicole, that would drive me insane! Seriously.

message 31: by Allie (new)

Allie | 224 comments 1. I am in love with the Beatles adn 1D
2. I run really really really really really really fast!!!
3. My BFF has BLUE hair (he's a dude!!!)
4. I'm insane (beware)
5. Totalllly awkward (Also beware...)
6. I know David from GR, he was the first author i became friends with :)

message 32: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Insanity- then you are in the right place. :)

message 33: by Allie (new)

Allie | 224 comments O thats good... cause I'm pretty messed up....

message 34: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Ally ~Beatles rule EVERYTHING!~ wrote: "1. I am in love with the Beatles adn 1D
2. I run really really really really really really fast!!!
3. My BFF has BLUE hair (he's a dude!!!)
4. I'm insane (beware)
5. Totalllly awkward (Also beware...."

Excellent. No wonder why you found us. Our kind needs to stick together. We are drawn to each other. (creepy music in background)

message 35: by Allie (new)

Allie | 224 comments I wanna say something really creepy, but I might scare some people...

message 36: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Ally ~Beatles rule EVERYTHING!~ wrote: "I wanna say something really creepy, but I might scare some people..."

LOL, thank you for your honesty and showing us that you have obviously not read through most of these posts. ;)

You are forgiven. Now, please proceed to the task at hand.

message 37: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Hmmm...about me?
1. <--This is my dog, Piper :)
2. I have four kids, ages 4-17
3. I am self-employed, work from home, and am on the computer ALL day
4. I would secretly love to write, but I'm not imaginative enough...so I decided to leave it to the pros like David :D

message 38: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Sheri wrote: "Hmmm...about me?
1. <--This is my dog, Piper :)
2. I have four kids, ages 4-17
3. I am self-employed, work from home, and am on the computer ALL day
4. I would secretly love to write, but I'm n..."

What kind of work do you do?

message 39: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Tina wrote: "What kind of work do you do? "

Medical transcription

message 40: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Ahh How do you find time to read? I know i struggle to balance working, 6 sons, hubby, dogs.....

message 41: by Sheri (new)

Sheri After everyone else is in bed...I'm a night owl :)

message 42: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments My husband is snoring right now. Lol Unfortunately I have to get up at 5am otherwise I would be too.

message 43: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) 1. Love 80's music
2. HATE housework
3. Spent 10 years in the USMC
4. Have 4 children; his, mine, ours
5. Met David through another gr group and enjoys his interactions with everyone.

message 44: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Marni wrote: "1. Love 80's music
2. HATE housework
3. Spent 10 years in the USMC
4. Have 4 children; his, mine, ours
5. Met David through another gr group and enjoys his interactions with everyone."

80s music is the best. I'm an 80s girl. Duran Duran rules. :)

message 45: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) Oh yeah! I read Andy Taylor's autobiography while listening to Duran Duran's greatest hits cd the entire time! I'm also an 80's girl.

message 46: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments I still have my heart shaped DD earings. John and Simon...bestill my beating heart. Lol

message 47: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) John...many a teenage dream I had of him...I had all their music on cassette tapes and wouldn't let any of my friends borrow them, just in case they messed one up. :)

message 48: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Oh yeah. I have some of the videos. I drag them out every once in a while a dance around the house. For some reason my boys just don't like them. Lol

message 49: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Um, excuse me, but didn't you notice I wasn't posting? I was out and you are discussing D2 without me? Hmmmm! Can I just say....I love John Taylor. And if you don't believe me you can go to my FB page and look up the videos and see me screaming it at the concert last year. Yup. I so went there. I channeled my inner teeny bopper self and she came out roaring like a caged (7 and the ragged) tiger since 1984!!!! There was no stopping me. Not even having to get up and do carpool the next morning. Nope. You read it right. Not even carpool. If the kids didn't like mommies driving, they have feet. That's right. You heard me. None of this oh mommy will carry you to school everyday. Suck it up kid. Life's hard. Build a bridge and get over it!!!

Wow, it's late, and I just went off babbling. I'm sure when I come on tomorrow, I will read this and say to myself...

You are one funny chika even late at night.

message 50: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) Love it Dvora!

« previous 1

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Moon Dwellers (other topics)