Lush Library discussion

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse, #12)
This topic is about Deadlocked
Series > The Southern Vampire Mysteries/ Sookie Stackhouse (Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sam (VanillaFountain) | 577 comments Mod
So I just ordered Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12) by Charlaine Harris from www.thebookpeople.co.uk I have previously read all the other books but I thought I would re-read them as when you buy this book you get the 1st of the series free.
This is just a place for me to catalogue what I have read and when. I had Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse #1) by Charlaine Harris but leant it to my brother *inserttellingoffsmilee* and haven't got it back yet start when I receive my order. This Discussion/diary will contain spoilers so please don't read it unless you've read them yourself or don't mind spoilers. Anyone is free to join in if you want to, I would love to read your comments too :)

1. Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse #1) by Charlaine Harris

2. Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) by Charlaine Harris

3. Club Dead by Charlaine Harris

4. Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4) by Charlaine Harris

5. Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5) by Charlaine Harris

6. Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6) by Charlaine Harris

7. All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7) by Charlaine Harris

8. From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse, #8) by Charlaine Harris

9. Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris

10. Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris

11. Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11) by Charlaine Harris

12. Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12) by Charlaine Harris

Sarah  (scheherazade) | 364 comments Mod
I've just finished re-reading the series, Sam. I think it helped me to appreciate Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12) by Charlaine Harris more than I would have. Re-reading reminded me of all the small plot points I'd forgotten! It also reminded me how much I love Sookie as a heroine. I kind of miss her now :)

message 4: by Sam (VanillaFountain) (last edited Jun 06, 2012 02:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Only 11 months til the end now Sarah :) I knew you had done this and I thought it would be great to re-read for all those, reasons hoping it will pass some time too hehe ;) x

I didn't do this but I am still going to do it. Think I will start after I finish Destiny Rising (The Vampire Diaries The Hunters, #3) by L.J. Smith

:)

The last one is getting closer and closer. I'm really looking forward to it :)

On a related note, I came across this True Blood Cookbook by Karen Sommer Shalett on Amazon yesterday. I'm half tempted to give it a go, just to fill in the time between now and the release. Not necessarily for the recipes (which aren't supposed to be all that good...), although I am intrigued by that aspect. More for a Sookie fix, I guess!

I recently finished this The Aurora Teagarden Mysteries Omnibus 1 (Aurora Teagarden, #1-4) by Charlaine Harris , as I really love CH as a writer. You can tell she wrote them earlier, though, and the Sookie ones definetly have more to them. Still, it's all passing the time :)

I can't wait! Think once I have finished The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson I will start the books from the beginning. I totally overestimated how much reading time I would have when Hubby went back to work full time :(

I cheated and looked at the spoiler on Amazon.com. Knowing it was out there was making me kind of edgy, and now I know I'll be able to relax and enjoy the book more. I know it sounds silly, but I would have rushed through it to find out, and now I won't have to do that. I'm not going to spoil it for you, but I am happy with the ending. Think I might be the only one, though! I can't wait for the book now -- not long!!

Oh, I'm so tempted to go look now! Must resist! I always rush through them the first time lol! I think I know what will happen anyway. So I'll be good & wait :) xx

It's arrived!! *squee*