Writing Passionates discussion

Read my Story/Story Help > I Killed my favorite characters. Now, I am stuck.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
That sounds really good,actually. :D I bet that you will have fun writing it!

message 2: by Daisy (last edited Jan 08, 2009 08:38PM) (new)

Daisy | 1074 comments while i understand your delma I have to point out that if you don't have your story set up just for that thing to happen its stupid. I've read multiple stories where they bring back a character from the dead and I HATED it. It actually ruined my opinion of a whole four book series one time!there are certain situations that involve a TON of different factors and elements of when why and how that would be okay.My point is that its hard to bring a character back to life whithout ruining the book

message 3: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1074 comments everyone does,it seems so simple but when you try to explain its all complicated!

message 4: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 5857 comments Mod
i hate when i have to kill ppl off ... :(
hmmm ...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Saved By Grace wrote: "Okay ... so I just started my 5th, 6th, or 7th attempt at the fifth book about Lsai.

Background for story (not actual story or plot idea, just background):
Basically this guy who is almost exactly..."

Ok. i'm just jumping in randomly- i have no idea what you story is or anything...

but a wise author (i think it was patrick ness- can't remember, i've seen and met quite a few authors) once told us to kill off you characters as a last resource. If there really is no other way- do it. But only if there's NO OTHER WAY!!!

Why would you kill off your faviourite character?

message 6: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 5857 comments Mod
… If it was necessary? haha.