The Doctor Rules!!!!!! discussion

For Those Who Like To Read > Favorite Genre

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What's your favorite genre? Why?

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) (captainbubbles) | 1566 comments FANTASY! Because of Magic.

message 3: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (seeyouspacecowboy) Classics and YA. I like the depressing classics because they're interesting, but when they get too heavy I switch over to YA, which I eat up easily and can sometimes be a bit of a relief. A girl can only take so much Kafka, Dostoevsky and Dickens at a time! I also love The Lord of the Rings, and anything by C. S. Lewis.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Science Fiction is my favorite genre! YA is a close second with Classics right on it's heels for third. Of classics so far I've read;

1. Pride and Prejudice
2. Little Women
3. The Count of Monte Cristo
4. The Three Muskateers
5. The Secret Garden
6. A Christmas Carol
7. Gulliver's Travels
8. Lord of the Rings: Book 1
9. The Hobbit
10. The Outsiders
11. A Tale of Two Cities
12. To Kill a Mockingbird

Looking forward to read more!

message 6: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) The Outsiders is a really good book. :)

Um, I'll usually read anything but I love history and geography books. Also fantasy and sci-fi. :)

message 7: by AlanCummingFan (new)

AlanCummingFan    (Morgona505) | 65 comments sci-fi all the way

message 8: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 553 comments Mod
Science Fiction too!

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 1146 comments Mod
Sci-Fi cause I've always been a bit spaced out LOL.
Fantasy not as much as sci-fi but if it is well written I love it. Not all of it is well written.

Of course I've read many of the "Classics" some of those fall under Sci-Fi, and a few might fall under fantasy so fiction in general is my preferred way to go. I tend to dabble a little into history and biographies from time to time, but too much of that and I get a bit bored.

message 11: by Samm (new)

Samm (ashmanrose) I love historical fiction or Victorian books. I usually stay away from reading sci/fi, but I love watching it...

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

FANTASYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!
AND SCI FIIIIII!!!!!!

message 13: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer I find I favour books that have some kind of romance in them, even if it isn't the main theme. I do favour sci-fi and fantasy or futuristic type novels, especially if they have a touch of romance.

message 14: by Thomas (new)

Thomas | 53 comments Sci-Fi/Fantasy due to the escapism factor. Mostly I read media tie-in series.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Sci-fi and fantasy!!!!