Books + Movies + Tv Shows = Awesome!!! discussion

FILM FEST 2012!!! > X is for Xavier

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L (new)

L Synopsis:
The X-Men film series consists of superhero films based on the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name. The films star an ensemble cast, focusing on Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, who is drawn into the conflict between Professor Xavier (Patrick Stewart / James McAvoy) and Magneto (Ian McKellen / Michael Fassbender), who have opposing views on humanity's relationship with mutants. Xavier believes humanity and mutants can coexist, but Magneto believes that mutants are destined to rule humanity. The films also developed subplots based on the comics' Weapon X and Dark Phoenix storylines.

Film order:
1. X men
2. X2
3. X men: the last stand

Prequels and spin-off's:
1. X Men origins: Wolverine
2.X Men: first class

For the future...
*The Wolverine
*X Men first class 2
*Deadpool
*Potential sequels to the main series

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

message 2: by L (new)

L Who would you be? Charles Xavier, Wolverine, Storm, Magneto or someone else? What powers would you like to have?!

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie Rainey Honestly, Jean Grey. Very powerful woman she is or was I guess.

message 4: by L (new)

L Yes, she was so powerful that she was even unable to keep in control & it was sad when we 'lost' the Jean that we all thought we knew and loved (when her mind became overtaken by the evil that lay hidden)...The only thing that i did find quite hard to take was Charles Xavier's death and how she sadly distroyed him. She is a character to remember and one whom really stood out in the films!!

message 5: by Luna (new)

Luna (lunaraven) | 18 comments Just going by the mutants that featured in the films, I wuold say personality-wise i'm some sort of Logan/McCoy(Wolverine/Beast) hybrid. The power I would most want would either be flight or intangibility like Kitty Pryde(shadowcat). In the comics Kitty can walk on air in addition to being able to phase through things which would be an okay alternative to flying.

message 6: by L (new)

L Wow, that sounds increadible...what an amazing character that would be?!
Personally, i would probably have to say Rogue as she is the first character that you are introduced to (being that film one does revolve around her) & that she is the most interesting character i feel. I was facinated by her in film one and found it certainly interesting how she wanted to take away her 'mutant streak' in film 2.
As for powers, i would love to be able to fly...!

message 7: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 33 comments Love these films - Escept maybe Wolverine - The whole Civil war thing kinda threw me. Also wish Cyclops and Storm had stronger developed characters. Hard with emsemble films to give each their due.

message 8: by L (new)

L :)
Each character is so unique and indavidual and that is what makes these films so great! x

message 9: by Luna (new)

Luna (lunaraven) | 18 comments I would hate to be Rogue. Can you imagine never being able to touch another person in fear of killing them? I mean, I don't like touching people in general, but atleast I have the option. She's a very tragic character--especially when you consider her comic book backstory

message 10: by L (new)

L Lunaraven wrote: "I would hate to be Rogue. Can you imagine never being able to touch another person in fear of killing them? I mean, I don't like touching people in general, but atleast I have the option. She's a v..."

That is very true but it is also what makes her so unique and interesting as a character. After a while i might go a little 'mad' at not being able to touch people! x

message 11: by Aurora (new)

Aurora Sadly, I haven't seen the X-Men movies.. I have only seen Origins: Wolverine and First Class.
I absolutely love Wolverine's character and his backstory is so unique and amazing.
Hugh Jackman is my favourite actor and he portrays Wolverine very well.

I'm planning to have an X-Men marathon next school holidays. I wish I saw the movies before; now that we're doing Film Techniques in English all I can think about when watching movies is "High shot, long shot, low lighting, close up, sound effects add a dramatic effect... etc."

English class has ruined movies for me *cries*

message 12: by L (new)

L I watched X-Men at school years ago in class, and it also did ruin it too - until i saw it later by myself!

message 13: by Valencia, Assistant Moderator (new)

Valencia Cain (IziCain) | 28 comments Mod
Da Wolverine, ahaha.