Books + Movies + Tv Shows = Awesome!!! discussion

Killing purity

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L (new)

L This discussion is all about the *new* film; Snow White & the Huntsman!

Synopsis: In the epic action-adventure Snow White and the Huntsman, Kristen Stewart plays the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen (Charlize Theron) out to destroy her. But what the wicked ruler never imagined is that the young woman threatening her reign has been training in the art of war with a huntsman (Chris Hemsworth) dispatched to kill her. Sam Claflin joins the cast as the prince long enchanted by Snow White's beauty and power. -- (C) Universal Pictures

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

message 2: by L (new)

L Have you seen the film yet or would you like to?? x

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie Rainey I would like to for sure. I have heard some others say they don't like it because of Stewart but I've never seen her act so I can't judge. I think it looks good.

message 4: by L (new)

L This role for her is completely different to the 'Twilight films' hence i don't think it fair to compare the two or her acting in one VS the other. This role contrasts her previous work so much and i am really looking forward to seeing her in a great action film where she is able to get dirty (physically with all the fighting) and play her character with a bit more forcefullness than perhaps the 'steriotype' Snow White in fairytales is perceved to be...one who looks pretty & does not stand up for herself very much.
This film turns a classic fairytale on its head and makes it a lot more belivable, authentic and also current to what we imagine in today's world...
cannot wait to see it!! :)

message 5: by Mirely (new)

Mirely (rumor_has_it) I've seen it. It's not exactly what the synopsis says though. Overall I liked it. I like the fact that they changed the story up a bit but kept the essentials in tact. The story is definitely about Snow White and the Evil Queen. The Evil Queen stole the show! She was amazing! I wish there was more Huntsman but alas it was not to be. There were a few awkward moments but Kristen is just awkward.

Either way it was great!

message 6: by L (new)

L That is very reassuring to know! From what i have seen of the adverts and movie trailers the Queen does look great & has a very commanding prescence; perhaps Kirsten (aka Snow White) is just too passive for such an epic, action film as this and a 'bolder' actress might have helped more? x

message 7: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 33 comments Not sure I will see this until cable, but I lvoe the visual appeal of it. And I do here Charlize is great. Kristen Stewart was pretty good as Joan Jett but Dakota Fanning still stole that movie (Runaways).

I like Snow being more of a fighter (they even did that a bit on Once Upon a Time on tv with Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow.

I LIKE fairy tale retellings - which is why I also still need to see Red Riding Hood

message 8: by L (new)

L I love 'Once Upon a Time' and how Snow White in it is more of a fighter, than the traditional tale! I would have to agree that similarly to yourself i enjoy fairytale retellings immensly. :)

message 9: by L (new)

L Who has seen 'Snow white & the huntsman' yet?? I was in my local bookstore the other day and i noticed that the paperback book that acompanies the film is out NOW! Here are some links below for how to get hold of this must-have read, for all fairytale fans...

Amazon UK -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snow-White-Hu...

Amazon .com -
http://www.amazon.com/Snow-White-Hunt...