*Paranormal Romance Junkies* discussion

Books Discussion Board > Who is your favorite male lead?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay ladies! It's almost summer time and since the weather is starting to get hot, I thought it was the perfect time to discuss those sexy hunks who drive us to read PNR. Tell me who your favorite male lead of all time is and why. Don't worry if you can't decide between one, post your top two or three or four and we can help you battle it out!

message 2: by Alix (last edited Jun 07, 2012 11:15PM) (new)

Alix (AlixTheMunchkin) | 9 comments Definitley Patch from the Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick!!
I have read sooooo many PNR series with hot male leads, but my all time favorite has to be PATCH C:
Something about Patch is just so sexy! He is a mysterious bad boy who really cares about the female lead ;)
I cannot describe how much I love this character, but the books definitley do a good job!
EVERYONE who is a fan of PNR NEEDS to read the Hush, Hush series!! You will not regret it !I finished it in one day, I was hooked!! :) Not to mention the second and third books to it :)
PATCH PATCH PATCH ;)
READ THIS SERIES!!!

Hush, Hush

Crescendo

Silence

message 3: by Alix (new)

Alix (AlixTheMunchkin) | 9 comments Also Jace from the Mortal Instruments was one of my favorites :)
This series is so amazing, check it out!
Jace is a hottie with a body ;)

City of Bones

message 4: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyh8324) Alix, have you read book 4 & 5 in the mortal instruments? I read the first 3 and then read reviews of the 4th and people were complaining about them. I have read the Hush Hush series and loved them. If they would make a movie who could you see playing Patch?
For me I have to say I love Eric from the Sookie series. He's been a favorite of mine for awhile, I just hope the author doesn't ruin him in the last book.

message 5: by Alix (new)

Alix (AlixTheMunchkin) | 9 comments Becky, yes I have :) I have read the fourth book and I am currently reading the fifth one to the Mortal Instruments (: These are seriously one if my favorite series ever! The fourth one....was steamy :) But it leaves you shocked! I personally loved it :) Yoh should definitley read the fourth one and continue! I am in the middle if City of Lost Souls, and it is kind of slow I have to admit. I Have been trying to finish it since it came out, but I just feeln it is a little slow where I'm at. I am sure it will pick up and get better though! So you should really finish up the series C:
Personally, the third one & a little bit of the first one is my favorite!
Wa your favorite one so far? What part are you at, Becky? :D

message 6: by Alix (new)

Alix (AlixTheMunchkin) | 9 comments Sorry, my personal favorites are City of Glass and a litte of the Fourth one :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

IS the hush hush series filled with typical teenage angst? I am in my late twenties so a book like that wouldnt really do it for me. I loved the vampire academy series b/c it wasnt like a lot of other YA series out there, thoughts?

message 8: by Alix (new)

Alix (AlixTheMunchkin) | 9 comments I agree! I read the whole series to Vampire Academy & absolutley loved it, it was very different and unique. I understand where you're coming from c:
I mean the Hush Hush series isn't typical, at least not to me. Yes a bit teenage typical because their in high school and the way things are set. I really don't know how to explain! But I loveeeeeeed this series. It really put a spin on things. I would hate for you to read it & dislike it because I told you it was good! But to me, I loved it & PATCH :)

message 9: by Katya (last edited Jun 10, 2012 04:32AM) (new)

Katya Top Male Leads?

JZB (Fever)
Christian (Fifty Shades)
Raphael (Vampires in America)
Tiger (New Species)
Wrath (Black Dagger Brotherhood)
Saloman (Awakened by Blood)
Xan (Hanaford Park)
Zane (Scanguard Vampires)
Brodick (Highland Lairds)
Madoc (Sentinal Wars)
Raphael (Guild Hunters)
Adam Black (Immortal Highlander)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

You know, I never could get into the guild hunter series. I felt like Raphael wasnt sexy, he was domineering and controlling but not in the usual way I enjoy, I felt like he was creepy like controlling abusive stalker. I don't know why I felt that way, but i did. The worst part was that I really wanted to enjoy the series. :(

message 11: by Alix (new)

Alix (AlixTheMunchkin) | 9 comments It sucks when you really like a book, but you just can't get into it because the male lead is not interesting or sexy at all!

message 12: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t Didi wrote: "You know, I never could get into the guild hunter series. I felt like Raphael wasnt sexy, he was domineering and controlling but not in the usual way I enjoy, I felt like he was creepy like control..."

I agree completely, I finally had to stop the series. Whatever he was selling, i definitely wasn't buying.

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelwallace) Love me some Adam Black Katya! Of course Barrons is probably #1 or tied with Zsadist ;)Christian is right up there too (50 shades).

message 14: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyh8324) Def. see why you guys like Barrons so much... almost done with the series

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Pat wrote: "Didi wrote: "You know, I never could get into the guild hunter series. I felt like Raphael wasnt sexy, he was domineering and controlling but not in the usual way I enjoy, I felt like he was creepy..."

I am do glad you agree Pat! I felt like I was the only one who felt that way about Raphael. Although I couldn't even get halfway through the first book because of that.