Darynda Jones Fans discussion

Grave Witch by Kalayna Price > Week 4 ~ Day 18 ~ A Death Shower

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana, Founder (new)

Dana Alma (readaholics) | 1174 comments Mod
Death is so very cryptic, with his smoldering looks and feather light caresses, and even more so with his answers. When he tells Alex that he doesn't like Falin, do you think Death knows something we don't or is he just plain jealous?

Traci (Mad Hatter Reads) (traci-madhatterreads) | 609 comments Mod
I have a feeling it may be a bit of both.

message 3: by Dana, Founder (new)

Traci wrote: "I have a feeling it may be a bit of both."

I think he's jealous, hands down, but I don't think he knows anything about Falin, that's another reason he doesn't like him. Do you like Death, Traci?

I am totally on Team Death!!! There's just something about tall, dark, mysterious (and built) that does it for me :)

I agree that he's jealous (so is Falin) but I think he knows something (and it may not be important...maybe just adds to the jealousy?)

message 5: by Dana, Founder (new)

Traci wrote: "I am totally on Team Death!!! There's just something about tall, dark, mysterious (and built) that does it for me :)

I agree that he's jealous (so is Falin) but I think he knows something (and it ..."

I can't wait until book 3, I'm so happy with this series.

message 6: by Cindy (last edited Jun 04, 2012 06:27PM) (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) I adore Death! Would love be in a Death/Reyes sandwhich...except I think they'd kill each other. Well THAT'S an oxymoron!

message 7: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) Oh by the way...I think they're both jealous!

message 8: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments I also think it's more jealousy than actual facts, he doesn't like Falin because he's competition. I've just finished book 2 and I'm still on Death's team but now I'm a bit worried of the consequences if they stay together, that lunatic couple was scary!

message 9: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Ines wrote: "I also think it's more jealousy than actual facts, he doesn't like Falin because he's competition. I've just finished book 2 and I'm still on Death's team but now I'm a bit worried of the consequen..."

I too agree Death is jealous. Falin is too. I am not sure what Death could possibly know about Falin that Alex does not know because Death does not go into Faerie, correct? At least that is how I remember.

Like Ines, I was on team Death until after book 2. Falin began to grow on me and I also am wondering about Death's ability to actually be with Alex. Cannot wait for book 3!

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments They're definitely jealous of each other! I did read the second book, and I am still on team Death. There's just something about Falin that I haven't fallen for, not sure how to explain it. He just annoys me more than I'm attracted to him. I mean, I probably wouldn't kick him out of bed or anything ;-)

Although Death is such a tease! Maybe it's because he's such a tease that I swoon over any scene with him in it. And the dark mysterious thing doesn't hurt either!

And wait, she really can't have either now, can she... So not fair. I hope she gets a man in book 3!!

message 11: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Stephanie wrote: "They're definitely jealous of each other! I did read the second book, and I am still on team Death. There's just something about Falin that I haven't fallen for, not sure how to explain it. He just..."

It sucks big sour lemons...Alex needs a man of her own, one she does not have to share with a Fae Queen.

message 12: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) I am sooo an HEA sorta gal! When someone else is boffing the love interest I'm all "Die Bitch Queen, Die"! But you know, I just don't trust a guy who has more than 1 (that's O*N*E Falin) woman! And it's not the other woman's fault...the guy can say NO and walk away. I feel he leads Alex on, and that is why I don't like him! Alex, girlfriend, look into getting a REAL guy, 'K? 'K!

message 13: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Cindy wrote: "I am sooo an HEA sorta gal! When someone else is boffing the love interest I'm all "Die Bitch Queen, Die"! But you know, I just don't trust a guy who has more than 1 (that's O*N*E Falin) woman! ..."

Funny about the "REAL" guy since she had a lot of real guys and ended up falling for a fae knight and a soul collector hehe She is royalty, so maybe she can get herself a nice prince (the dog doesn't count!).

message 14: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Ines wrote: "Cindy wrote: "I am sooo an HEA sorta gal! When someone else is boffing the love interest I'm all "Die Bitch Queen, Die"! But you know, I just don't trust a guy who has more than 1 (that's O*N*E F..."

LOL :p

message 15: by Cher (new)

Cher | 126 comments Cindy wrote: "I adore Death! Would love be in a Death/Reyes sandwhich...except I think they'd kill each other. Well THAT'S an oxymoron!"

You kill me Cindy!! lol

message 16: by Dana, Founder (new)

Cindy wrote: "I am sooo an HEA sorta gal! When someone else is boffing the love interest I'm all "Die Bitch Queen, Die"! But you know, I just don't trust a guy who has more than 1 (that's O*N*E Falin) woman! ..."

Cin your inner Kenzi is spewing! Lub it!

message 17: by Candie (new)

Candie (candiegyrl) | 350 comments Mod
OMG, I just read this thread and was LOL-ing. Cindy you crack me up! :-)

message 18: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Cindy wrote: "I am sooo an HEA sorta gal! When someone else is boffing the love interest I'm all "Die Bitch Queen, Die"! But you know, I just don't trust a guy who has more than 1 (that's O*N*E Falin) woman! ..."

Cindy, while reading the third book, I kept thinking we really need to kill the Winter Queen. Falin is out of the running for certain now, but the Queen is causing way too much trouble for Alex. The Winter Queen must DIE!!!!

Mel wrote: "Cindy wrote: "I am sooo an HEA sorta gal! When someone else is boffing the love interest I'm all "Die Bitch Queen, Die"! But you know, I just don't trust a guy who has more than 1 (that's O*N*E F..."

So agree with you Mel!!!! So pi$$ed at her and Falin!

message 20: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Traci wrote: "Mel wrote: "Cindy wrote: "I am sooo an HEA sorta gal! When someone else is boffing the love interest I'm all "Die Bitch Queen, Die"! But you know, I just don't trust a guy who has more than 1 (th..."

I have absolutely no sympathy for Falin anymore...he was able to control his behavior in book 2. NO EXCUSES!!!?