Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Working on book promoting in SC

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 76 comments Hello everyone. I just wanted to pass the info through here. I am soon going to be working with local libraries here in SC. It helps promote books as well as helps the community. I am looking for other authors from near by that would like to be a part. As of now, this is just in the planning stages. The goal is to promote reading and writing, help develop skills, and help new authors get to where we are. If anyone is interested please drop me a line. I am starting this locally but would like to see it grow. Thanks!

KB

message 2: by Author (new)

Author (KilltheMessengerGemini) | 30 comments Hi Kristin. I am interested in your project.I live in Charlotte, NC. I am the author of the historical, speculative sci fi, fantasy, thriller "Kill the Messenger: Gemini"
www.killthemessengergemini.synthasite...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XAswn...

Kill the Messenger: Gemini: A Small Novel by Johanna Nimley

message 3: by David (new)

David Korinetz | 77 comments Kristin wrote: "Hello everyone. I just wanted to pass the info through here. I am soon going to be working with local libraries here in SC. It helps promote books as well as helps the community. I am looking f..."

I'm not in your area, but if someone else wants to talk with young people, grades 6 to 8, about writing fantasy, they can check out my experience with the Raise-A-Reader program in Canada.

http://www.okanaganarts.com/summer08/...

I had a lot of fun with this.
I would also be willing to donate a number of books for both library collections and to be used as prizes, as long as the libraries can cover the shipping costs.

message 4: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 76 comments Johanna,
I know that is not too far awar. Right now, the library here seems very excited about having authors getting involved. One has asked if I would like to set up book signings. This is where promoting books is a lot of fun.
Would anyone else like to get involved as well?

KB

message 5: by Nina (new)

Nina | 89 comments Kristin, what a great idea. I wish I lived closer because I would love to get involved.

message 6: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 76 comments Give me some time:) I think this could become a great launch that authors can do everywhere. Right now I am just working on launching it locally. Thanks for the thumbs up, it is frustrating and when you have feedback, it helps:)

KB

message 7: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (discipleshirley) | 49 comments Kind of an author's row type thing? I would be interested. I am in Ky, might be a little vacation for me............

message 8: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 76 comments It would be nice if this could be available in more places:) I am still looking for SC- NC authors interested.