Q&A with Kathryn Leigh Scott discussion

Dr. Mabuse

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 11 comments Hi Kathryn

Sorry for so many questions, but I see this is the final day and I wanted to ask you some more questions.

On the IMDB, it states that there is a Dr. Mabuse movie in pre-production and that you, Lara Parker and Jerry Lacy are all in this. Can you tell us anything about this project?

The IMDB also claims that you were the favored actress for a part on the TV series "Blake's Seven." Is that so? I know the IMDB is sometimes wrong.

Thanks for taking time to answer all of our questions and providing us with so many great books and memories.

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Leigh Scott (kathrynleighscott) | 174 comments Mod
Nathan wrote: "Hi Kathryn

Sorry for so many questions, but I see this is the final day and I wanted to ask you some more questions.

On the IMDB, it states that there is a Dr. Mabuse movie in pre-production and ..."

Nothing to report on Dr Mabuse because we haven't filmed yet!

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Kathryn wrote: "Nathan wrote: "Hi Kathryn

On the IMDB, it states that there is a Dr. Mabuse movie in pre-..."

Kathryn!! AHA!! You didn't say NO, you said nothing to report because you haven't filmed YET!! Intriguing!!! Anne

message 4: by Anne (last edited Apr 08, 2013 02:31PM) (new)

Anne | 302 comments Anne wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "Nathan wrote: "Hi Kathryn

On the IMDB, it states that there is a Dr. Mabu..."

Anne wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "Nathan wrote: "Hi Kathryn

On the IMDB, it states that there is a Dr. Mabu..."

Kathryn!! I have seen some clips and the trailer for Dr. Mabuse!! I can't wait!! Turner Classic Movies recently ran the original Dr. Mabuse directed by Fritz Lang so I KNOW this is going to be great!! What was your favorite part of the production??

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Scott (kathrynleighscottcom) | 63 comments Dr. Mabuse premieres April 27 in San Diego . . . and I just got off the phone with Lara Parker. We're both really looking forward to seeing the film on a big screen . . . Jerry Lacy is just terrific!

message 6: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Scott (kathrynleighscottcom) | 63 comments Anne, I loved working with the young, innovative, ambitious director, Ansel Faraj . . . and working with my old mates, Lara and Jerry. We had such a good time!

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Kathryn wrote: "Anne, I loved working with the young, innovative, ambitious director, Ansel Faraj . . . and working with my old mates, Lara and Jerry. We had such a good time!"

Kathryn wrote: "Anne, I loved working with the young, innovative, ambitious director, Ansel Faraj . . . and working with my old mates, Lara and Jerry. We had such a good time!"

Kathryn! I'm so glad! My cousin Barbara and I are going to see it as soon as it comes out. Jerry Lacy always scared me to death as Reverend Trask!! Lara Parker didn't scare me as much because I was young and she was (and still is) so beautiful!! Hopefully we can find a midnight premiere in Houston where Barbara lives!

message 8: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments That director Ansel Faraj...why does that ring a bell??

message 9: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Scott (kathrynleighscottcom) | 63 comments He's young, but has been making films since he was a teenager . . . this is the first film I've done with him.

message 10: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Kathryn wrote: "He's young, but has been making films since he was a teenager . . . this is the first film I've done with him."

I will have to check out his other movies!! Have you ever seen the original directed by Fritz Lang??

message 11: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Kathryn, I forgot to tell you that in all the clips I have found and the trailer, you and Lara look wonderful!! I immediately recognized both of you (and of course "Reverend Trask") just by your voices and profiles.

message 12: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Scott (kathrynleighscottcom) | 63 comments Isn't Jerry Lacy wonderful!!!

message 13: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Yes!! I recognized him immediately when he did his "Bogart" for Woody Allen!! Did he approach you and Lara about the film??

message 14: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Scott (kathrynleighscottcom) | 63 comments No, the director sent me a script and it all just sort of came together . . . serendipity!

message 15: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments It's amazing!! Three top DS alums in the same movie!! I will say it again -- I can't wait to see it!!

message 16: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Kathryn, mind if I direct people to Ansel Faraj's radio interview with Moe Banshee? Maybe you can post the link, although it is already linked up on the Dr. Mabuse facebook page. He talks all about the new movie and how he was lucky enough to get you, Lara, and Jerry to star in it. It was really a good interview! I learned a lot!

message 17: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Kathryn & Anne, I really want to see this movie too, and on the big screen! The thing is, I heard the only showing of it so far will be at the premiere in San Diego. Also at some film festivals yet to be announced. Is that still the case Kathryn, or will Dr. Mabuse be released in other cities too? I wonder how long it'll take for it to be available on DVD?

Once I get my set of portable work skills going well, I plan on getting a little RV, or jumping on a plane and actually attending some of these happenings! I told Anne that was my big plan. To travel around the country doing this and that, camping along the way most of the time! I've really learned to rough it, having to live like Meg [from your book!] did for a while, and can handle some lean living conditions. As long as I can get to where I want to go, that's fine by me!

message 18: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Stephanie wrote: "Kathryn, mind if I direct people to Ansel Faraj's radio interview with Moe Banshee? Maybe you can post the link, although it is already linked up on the Dr. Mabuse facebook page. He talks all about..."

Stephanie, I need to listen to that interview! I told Kathryn that director's name rang a bell w/me!!

message 19: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Stephanie wrote: "Kathryn & Anne, I really want to see this movie too, and on the big screen! The thing is, I heard the only showing of it so far will be at the premiere in San Diego. Also at some film festivals yet..."

Stephanie, come down here and wrestle alligators with Ranger Bob! LOL!! We DO have movie theaters!!

message 20: by Stephanie (last edited Apr 08, 2013 05:19PM) (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Kathryn & Anne, I really want to see this movie too, and on the big screen! The thing is, I heard the only showing of it so far will be at the premiere in San Diego. Also at some ..."

Anne, no kidding?! Theaters where you live?! You silly girl. I commented on your post because I had heard Dr. Mabuse won't be shown in theaters nationwide. That the only place the movie will be shown on the big screen so far will be at the Coronado theater. I may be completely wrong though, so I just wanted to ask Kathryn and find out the scoop.

message 21: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Kathryn!! Is Dr. Mabuse going to be released nationwide?? I may have to go out of town to see it!!

message 22: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne wrote: "Kathryn!! Is Dr. Mabuse going to be released nationwide?? I may have to go out of town to see it!!"

Anne, you may be on your cruise then! The premiere is April 27 I believe. I tell you what, I'll take your place on the cruise and you can go the premiere, or I'll go to the premiere for you, and you go on the cruise! Man, am I a good friend or what?! Of course, all you'll have to do is pay for all my expenses! Minor details!

message 23: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Well Anne, looks like you may be able to go after all! Wish I could! The dates & times for the Dr. Mabuse showing were just posted on the Dr.Mabuse facebook page. They're all in the LA area, but not LA as in Louisiana! Darn, huh?!

message 24: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments SCREAM!!!! I must check out Texas!!!

message 25: by Denise (new)

Denise | 52 comments I'll let you know how the film was, since I'm going to Coronado. Big extravagance, but I couldn't resist the temptation of going to a movie premiere featuring three DS stars, and I have never been to any DS event or Coronado Island. So I am really looking forward to the weekend.

message 26: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Denise wrote: "I'll let you know how the film was, since I'm going to Coronado. Big extravagance, but I couldn't resist the temptation of going to a movie premiere featuring three DS stars, and I have never been ..."

Denise!! I want details, girl! I want to know what it's like to attend a premiere, what they were wearing, and OH! how was the movie?? (LOL)

message 27: by Denise (new)

Denise | 52 comments I intend to take a lot of pictures, hopefully pose with all the DS stars, and post them all to either to the DS Festival site or my Facebook page. I have no doubt Lara and Kathryn will look tres chic!

message 28: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Scott (kathrynleighscottcom) | 63 comments Now you've put us on the spot . . . I will need to wear something glittery! Look forward to seeing you in San Diego!

message 29: by Stephanie (last edited Apr 11, 2013 02:44AM) (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Funny thing, I was just watching Sharon Lentz {Sara from Dark Shadows} on you tube speaking at the Dark Shadows conference last year. I just saw her on one of Kathryn's facebook posts and decided to look her up. I haven't seen her in a long time and wanted to see what she was up to after all these years. She's so funny! She was talking about these publicity appearances and how everyone from Dark Shadows looked so good still now compared to her. The audience didn't agree! I didn't either. She's cute & jazzy!

Anyway, I'm sure you'll look great at the premiere Kathryn! Along with Jerry and Lara. Maybe you can post some pictures live on twitter or instagram. Even tweet some live to us from the event! You too Denise. Be sure to let us know your twitter name!