Q&A with Kathryn Leigh Scott discussion

13 views
Return to Collinwood > Favorite Actors/Actresses?

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 11 comments Hi Kathryn

When you were growing up, did you have any favorite actors or actresses? If so, who were they?

When you "made it" as an actress yourself, did you ever get to meet any of these favorites from your youth? If so, how was that?


message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Leigh Scott (kathrynleighscott) | 174 comments Mod
Jimmy Stewart . . . I did Harvey with him in London. I met both Greta Garbo and Katharine Hepburn . . . and Cary Grant twice asked me out for a date, and I was busy!


message 3: by Stephanie (last edited Jun 04, 2012 09:31PM) (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Kathryn wrote: "Jimmy Stewart . . . I did Harvey with him in London. I met both Greta Garbo and Katharine Hepburn . . . and Cary Grant twice asked me out for a date, and I was busy!"

Kathryn, Whoa! Cary Grant asked you out twice! Impressive. And you said no because you were busy? Poor Cary! I wonder what it was you had to do instead of go out on a date with him? Work? Maybe you just had to wash your hair!


message 4: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 11 comments That's awesome. I love all 4 but am especially fond of Greta Garbo. Garbo was reportedly very reclusive. I'd love to hear how you met her!


message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Nathan, I'd like to know that myself! Maybe you could ask Kathryn about how she came to meet Greta Garbo tonight. Either at her twitter party, or on the radio talk show she'll be on.


message 6: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Kathryn wrote: "Jimmy Stewart . . . I did Harvey with him in London. I met both Greta Garbo and Katharine Hepburn . . . and Cary Grant twice asked me out for a date, and I was busy!"

Kathryn!! Too busy to go out with Cary Grant???!! Are you kidding me?? I do love Jimmy Stewart...saw the movie version of Harvey on Turner Classic Movies...wish I could have seen you in the West End with him!! Anne


message 7: by Anne (last edited Jun 05, 2012 11:52AM) (new)

Anne | 302 comments Stephanie wrote: "Nathan, I'd like to know that myself! Maybe you could ask Kathryn about how she came to meet Greta Garbo tonight. Either at her twitter party, or on the radio talk show she'll be on."

Stephanie!! Ask her yourself little baby chick!! LOL! OK, OK, I'LL ask her but they will probably start blocking my calls because I will go over the question limit and get listed as some psycho stalker....LOL! Anne.... btw, do you have a facebook page? would love to keep in touch with you as you "catch up" on DS!!! Just check facebook for Anne Hearn (I'm the scrawny redhead in the profile pic) and send me a friend request!!


message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne, don't worry, this little chick is going to ask some questions on twitter! Do you have an account with twitter? I saw your posting on I think the Dark Shadows News Page, or one of the Dark Shadows sites. I'll start reading & posting some with them too. I don't care that much for facebook really. Still, I may come around. It just takes up so much space. I like twitter better. I do want to come down to Cajun country though and do some crazy dancing! You live close to all that?


message 9: by Anne (last edited Jun 05, 2012 12:49PM) (new)

Anne | 302 comments Stephanie wrote: "Anne, don't worry, this little chick is going to ask some questions on twitter! Do you have an account with twitter? I saw your posting on I think the Dark Shadows News Page, or one of the Dark Sha..."

Stephanie: girl, come on down here!! Great food, good music! Some of the little Cajun places have the tables nailed to the floor because people get up and start dancing on them!! (They're mostly out in the country but it sure is alot of fun!! Hope you are not averse to a "good night out" but you can totally go alcohol free if you choose!! LOL Anne


message 10: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Anne, don't worry, this little chick is going to ask some questions on twitter! Do you have an account with twitter? I saw your posting on I think the Dark Shadows News Page, or o..."

And yes I have a twitter account but can't find my password (I only have ten thousand passwords for everything under the sun!!). So I am going to contact them and get my password reset. AND I am going to call in tonight and ask my question AND ask your question about the cameo experience with the new movie to Lara Parker for you!! Believe me, I will mention your name!! LOL -- hope Moe puts it on!! Be listening!! Anne


message 11: by Anne (last edited Jun 05, 2012 12:49PM) (new)

Anne | 302 comments Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Anne, don't worry, this little chick is going to ask some questions on twitter! Do you have an account with twitter? I saw your posting on I think the Dark Shadows Ne..."

Stephanie, a bunch of us got together (via DS blogs,etc.)..one day a girl I had gotten to be pretty good friends with said, "Would you like a Dark Shadows user name?" I said, "Sure..who gives them out?" She said, "Well, no one knows who really started it; it just went from one woman to the next to the next.." This from LisatheBat, mind you. Well, I'm game!! So she gave me"Wolfgirl, the Southern Sorceress!" If you tell me a little bit about yourself (hobbies, fav movies, of course DS, etc..a little bit about what you look like, fav animals, I can give you one..) It's like one of those goofy fun girls' clubs we used to have when we were little. You just start signing all your DS posts on the websites and blogs with your DS User Name..Let me know if you want one and then maybe you can pass it on to someone else!! It's just totally for fun!! LOL
Anne


message 12: by Denise (new)

Denise (dulcinea3) | 67 comments OMG, I don't care what I had planned - I would definitely cancel it for a date with Cary Grant! He is my favorite old-time male movie star! Such a perfect combination of good looks, suave manner, and hilarious sense of humor. I love Jimmy Stewart and Katherine Hepburn, too, and Greta Garbo is my favorite actress (along with Bette Davis).


message 13: by Denise (new)

Denise | 52 comments Are any of you going to the DS festival at Tarrytown in July? I thought of it, but changed my mind after Jonathan Frid died, but now I am thinking it would be such crazy good fun to go...I have never been to one! After I finished watching the series for the first time completely last year after being away for 40 years, going to a DS festival moved onto my bucket list!


message 14: by Denise (new)

Denise | 52 comments And btw, I live in GA, so it will cost a bundle, even if I cash in FF miles.


message 15: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Anne, don't worry, this little chick is going to ask some questions on twitter! Do you have an account with twitter? I saw your posting on I think the Dark Shadows News Page, or o..."

Wow Anne! I'd love to come down. I've seen those old timey country bars in magazines and things, and they look great. They were featured in some movies too. Can't remember the names. Dancing on the table. Now that sounds fun. When they play that Cajun music, it seems impossible not to dance! I've had a Hurricane drink before, and all you need is one of those! Whoa!


message 16: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Denise wrote: "And btw, I live in GA, so it will cost a bundle, even if I cash in FF miles."

Denise, They have some great train service close to Tarrytown I hear. Maybe you could take the train up. Just like Vicky did!


message 17: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Denise wrote: "Are any of you going to the DS festival at Tarrytown in July? I thought of it, but changed my mind after Jonathan Frid died, but now I am thinking it would be such crazy good fun to go...I have nev..."

Denise, You should try to go to the festival! Who knows who may not be around next year? I'll go too if I can scrape together some money!


message 18: by Stephanie (last edited Jun 05, 2012 06:28PM) (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Anne, don't worry, this little chick is going to ask some questions on twitter! Do you have an account with twitter? I saw your posting on I think the Da..."

Anne, I mean Wolf Girl! That does sound fun! Thanks for offering to do that. On what site should I unveil these truths about myself? The ones I want known that is!


message 19: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Anne, don't worry, this little chick is going to ask some questions on twitter! Do you have an account with twitter? I saw your posting on I think the Dark Shadows Ne..."

Anne, Thanks! I'll be listening. Put in a good word for me! Hope you make it on the show with your questions!

Missed you at the twitter party! I managed to get some tweets in, and Kathryn answered some too! Yay! It was a new experience, but I learned a lot!

Maybe you could link your twitter account to a different e-mail, then set a new password.


message 20: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Nathan, I'd like to know that myself! Maybe you could ask Kathryn about how she came to meet Greta Garbo tonight. Either at her twitter party, or on the radio talk show she'll be ..."

I'll check out your facebook page Anne. I need to figure out how to get rid of the timeline thing on there. Don't much care for it. I keep my page mainly de-activated because it's so lame! I need to spruce it up some.


message 21: by Chris (new)

Chris (Prismtrail) | 15 comments Kathryn wrote: "Jimmy Stewart . . . I did Harvey with him in London. I met both Greta Garbo and Katharine Hepburn . . . and Cary Grant twice asked me out for a date, and I was busy!"

How fun! I heard that Jim Parsons is doing Harvey in new york right now. I bet he's fabulous in it.


message 22: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 11 comments So...did anyone ask her? :)
I missed all this and no idea where to read it now....
I am on Facebook too if you all wanna friend up....


message 23: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Denise wrote: "OMG, I don't care what I had planned - I would definitely cancel it for a date with Cary Grant! He is my favorite old-time male movie star! Such a perfect combination of good looks, suave manner,..."

Denise!! Cary Grant is my fav too!! And I love Bette Davis!! Man, she rocked that studio system!!! Anne


message 24: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Nathan wrote: "So...did anyone ask her? :)
I missed all this and no idea where to read it now....
I am on Facebook too if you all wanna friend up...."


Nathan, I got up my nerve and called in to the radio broadcast and asked her about Garbo. Kathryn said she was walking down the street in NY and it was pouring. She felt a woman tug on her umbrella so they shared it. They walked about three blocks (by now she realized it was GRETA GARBO!!); then Garbo went to cross the street at 56th so Kathryn walked her across. She said then Garbo was practically sprinting away!! LOL Anne


message 25: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Stephanie wrote: "Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Anne, don't worry, this little chick is going to ask some questions on twitter! Do you have an account with twitter? I saw your posting on I..."

Stephanie, just email me at ivahengl@gmail.com. That way it definitely stays private. This will be fun!!
Anne


message 26: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Stephanie wrote: "Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Nathan, I'd like to know that myself! Maybe you could ask Kathryn about how she came to meet Greta Garbo tonight. Either at her twitter party, or on the radio talk sh..."

Stephanie: you should see my facebook page!! I haven't changed anything since my son set it up for me more than two years ago....that timeline thing drives me crazy...it just popped up one day (thank you stupid facebook) and now I am stuck with it!! Anne


message 27: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 11 comments That's an awesome story! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Did she add anything to the Cary Grant date bit?


message 28: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne, I sent you a friend request from my facebook account, did you get it?

Yes, I don't like the timeline either, but I don't know how to change it back to the regular format.

See ya!


message 29: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Anne, don't worry, this little chick is going to ask some questions on twitter! Do you have an account with twitter? I saw..."

Hi Anne, I just saw this post. I'll send you an e-mail so you'll have my address too.


message 30: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Nathan wrote: "That's an awesome story! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Did she add anything to the Cary Grant date bit?"


Nathan: she said that both times he called her for a date, she was about to get on a plane - the first time to Europe (she was working) but the second time was a trip home to Minnesota and she said she thought long and hard about taking that trip to Minnesota!! LOL!! Anne


message 31: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Stephanie wrote: "Anne, I sent you a friend request from my facebook account, did you get it?

Yes, I don't like the timeline either, but I don't know how to change it back to the regular format.

See ya!"


I'll check...I can't change mine back to the regular format either...GAK!!! Anne


message 32: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Stephanie wrote: "Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Anne, don't worry, this little chick is going to ask some questions on twitter! Do you have an account with t..."

Stephanie: that would be great!! Anne


back to top