Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Inescapable (The Premonition, #1)
This topic is about Inescapable
NA Books > Premonition Series Reed

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Erin (readermom4) | 4936 comments Mod
So, if you've read this series, you'll know what I mean when I say I feel like I need some serious group therapy...or a stiff drink!! This series keeps you on your toes from start to finish and I'm reeling from everything these characters have gone through!!!

This is officially my all-time favorite angel series, even BETTER than Hush, Hush (and I'm a huge fan)!!!

Feel free to swoon, drool, bitch, laugh, or otherwise just mutter incoherently about your thoughts on this UNFORGETTABLE story!!

TATIANA | 330 comments I only read the first one so far. I have the other two books but i can't seem to make time for all the books i want to read. Did you finish all 3 books?

Just finished Indebted today, and I'm trying unsuccessfully to calm my racing heart!! Trust me when I say that the first one does not BEGIN to prepare you for the second and third, your heart and stomach don't get a break from about 1/4 way through the second book. It's non-stop torment in one way or another!!

TATIANA | 330 comments I'll have to make some room for book 2 after i finish the book i'm reading right now. I have a question though: who is Brennus? I don't remember anyone with that name in the first book. Is he in the next 2 books?

Mmmm, yes, he is and he's just incredible!! You'll meet him somewhere near the middle of Intuition. I equate him to my paranormal Christian Grey. LOL

TATIANA | 330 comments oooohhh well then i need to meet this guy ASAP

LOL, yeah, he's just an awesome character, I love him!! Don't get me wrong, I'm still 'Team Reed', but there's nothing wrong with some sexy eye candy on the side!! =D

Heather (hmorrison75verizonnet) | 503 comments Best angel series!!! I adore the love triangle...(or square maybe) I think that even though Reed is the obvious ONE. The other males are very, very appealing ....and I enjoy all of the time we spend together lol : )

Heather wrote: "Best angel series!!! I adore the love triangle...(or square maybe) I think that even though Reed is the obvious ONE. The other males are very, very appealing ....and I enjoy all of the time we spen..."

Yep, I agree!! Indebted was so hard for me, my heart is head over heels for Reed but Brennus is just so...ungh, I can't even describe him!! I definitely want Reed to have eternity with her, but after all the time she spends with Brennus in Indebted I was really starting to fall for him, too. He's so damned sexy, and when his sweet side was there in all it's glory for us to see for SO long...yeah, that was hard!! (oh, and there's the fact that he's possessively protective of Evie to boot!) As for Russell, he needs to go off with Brownie somewhere and leave Evie the heck alone already!! LOL

Heather (hmorrison75verizonnet) | 503 comments Erin wrote: "Heather wrote: "Best angel series!!! I adore the love triangle...(or square maybe) I think that even though Reed is the obvious ONE. The other males are very, very appealing ....and I enjoy all of ..."

...sometimes I think the good ol' boy is pretty cute too

Heather (hmorrison75verizonnet) | 503 comments Heather wrote: "Erin wrote: "Heather wrote: "Best angel series!!! I adore the love triangle...(or square maybe) I think that even though Reed is the obvious ONE. The other males are very, very appealing ....and I ..."

...but not nearly as much as the other two. I am really glad he is there though. It really makes the story unique, I think.

message 12: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Heather wrote: "Heather wrote: "Erin wrote: "Heather wrote: "Best angel series!!! I adore the love triangle...(or square maybe) I think that even though Reed is the obvious ONE. The other males are very, very appe..."

I love him, but I want him to find happiness with someone else!! Evie's so torn already, I just want her to finally have some peace at least from ONE end! LOL

Rashida | 19 comments By far the best series I've read in a longtime. Between the accent and the possessiveness Brennus is hard to forget. He is suppose to be the bad guy but the third book had me rooting for him. Maybe Amy brainwashed us all like he did Evie, but I completely forgot that they survive by using women.....but nobody's perfect, right....LOL!!! As of now I'm Team B, I'm sure the next book may change my mind, but until then he is "MOIN"...LOL!!!!

message 14: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rashida wrote: "By far the best series I've read in a longtime. Between the accent and the possessiveness Brennus is hard to forget. He is suppose to be the bad guy but the third book had me rooting for him. Maybe..."

LOL, yeah, he totally won me over in Indebted!! I still want Reed to have her (though, I do find myself now having to REALLY think hard about how much I loved Reed in Inescapable in order to keep feeling that way), but it's going to break my heart when things end for good with Bren. Why, oh WHY did he have to turn into such a sexy, loving, hero of a bad boy????? I have a bad feeling he's going to end up dead (or...dead again??), because there's no other way for it to really work out. Not like he's going to just fall in love with someone else and leave her to Reed! LOL Like you said, I'd be happy 'ta make him moin' if he ends up lonely... =)

message 15: by Lucy Qhuay (last edited Jun 06, 2012 06:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lucy Qhuay I have only read Inescapable, the first book of The Premonition Series and I already need some serious therapy! :S
I can't take the heartache of the whole Russell-Evie-Reed situation!! :S
It hurt so bad when Evie said to Russell that they couldn't be together!! :'(
OMG, how can this be?' He is her soulmate! Her SOULMATE!! :'(
I am just not myself right now! :S

message 16: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lucy wrote: "I have only read Inescapable, the first book of The Premonition Series and I already need some serious therapy! :S
I can't take the heartache of the all situation Russell-Evie-Reed!! :S
It hurt so ..."

You must read on, because once you meet Brennus you'll be beside yourself!! LOL

Lucy Qhuay Erin wrote: "Lucy wrote: "I have only read Inescapable, the first book of The Premonition Series and I already need some serious therapy! :S
I can't take the heartache of the all situation Russell-Evie-Reed!! ..."

I don't know if I can take one more guy destroying the life of my dear Russell :(

Rashida | 19 comments Lucy wrote: "Erin wrote: "Lucy wrote: "I have only read Inescapable, the first book of The Premonition Series and I already need some serious therapy! :S
I can't take the heartache of the all situation Russell..."

I feel so bad for Russell, Evie has feelings for everybody but him. She treats him like a brother not a soul mate. I hope the next book introduces some kind of love interest for him.

message 19: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rashida wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Erin wrote: "Lucy wrote: "I have only read Inescapable, the first book of The Premonition Series and I already need some serious therapy! :S
I can't take the heartache of the all sit..."

Wait, did you read Indebted yet?? There's definitely something brewing there for him, or at least it seemed that way until he got all inappropriately possessive of Evie again at the very end. I want him with (view spoiler)

message 20: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lucy wrote: "Erin wrote: "Lucy wrote: "I have only read Inescapable, the first book of The Premonition Series and I already need some serious therapy! :S
I can't take the heartache of the all situation Russell..."

I really liked him at first, but by the end of Inescapable I was over him and all Team Reed!! Bartol successfully removed him from my system with Intuition, especially once Brennus came into the picture. =)

Nereid (nereidp) | 49 comments I have just read Indebted and it is a huge roller coaster ride of emotions, still on Team Reed though and it was the poetry that just got to me. (don't want to spoil it for those who have not read it yet). lol

message 22: by Tara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tara I love this series. Brennus is the best bad guy I've ever read, he makes the whole series worth reading. I can't figure out how Amy is going to end this.

Marilyn Phillips | 10 comments I love this series too! The chemistry between Reed and Evie is awesome. I have recently added Incendiary to my shelf and can't wait to start it and see what happens next.

Purpinkrose | 150 comments Erin wrote: "So, if you've read this series, you'll know what I mean when I say I feel like I need some serious group therapy...or a stiff drink!! This series keeps you on your toes from start to finish and I'm..."

Erin, i so argee this has heart sopping moments all the way through, plenty of what i call movie moments where the tension, suspense, and omg moments get to much and you have to put it down for 30 second then come back to it. i love amy bartol and wish this was a film
suzanne x

Purpinkrose | 150 comments I LOVE these books and couldnt put them down, read them everywere- while i was cooking tea at work!, read all 3 in about a week, read incendiary in about 2 days wont spoil it but OMG amazing, doesnt disappoint, watch out for xavier is all i will say, and i too have a soft spot for Brennus, i kept putting this one down because of the movie moments(the part in a film were the tension, suspense and omg moments get to much so you have to put it down for 30 seconds and come back)got to much for me i felt like i couldnt breathe CANT WAIT for inquity

Suzanne xx

message 26: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Purpinkrose wrote: "I LOVE these books and couldnt put them down, read them everywere- while i was cooking tea at work!, read all 3 in about a week, read incendiary in about 2 days wont spoil it but OMG amazing, doesn..."

Yeah, I loved Xavier but I just need Reed to finally be her one and only!!! My heart breaks for the guy, he's been through so much for her!! I'm nervous after the sneak peek, too, b/c it looks like she's still torn over Brennus. I've loved the guy from the start, but after what he did to my Reed he needs to GO!!! LOL

Purpinkrose | 150 comments Erin wrote: "Purpinkrose wrote: "I LOVE these books and couldnt put them down, read them everywere- while i was cooking tea at work!, read all 3 in about a week, read incendiary in about 2 days wont spoil it bu..."

i know after book 3 i was torn between brennus and reed then when i went to read book 4 i was scared to read it incase she ended up with brennus cos decided she had to be with reed, but theres a new character coming in a girl so she may put a spanner in the works, i agree brennus needs to move on along ha x