YA LGBT Books discussion

Self-Promotion > James Erich

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments Hi! I've just published my first YA novel through Harmony Ink Press. My website is: http://jameserich.com

message 2: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16510 comments Welcome to the group - how about a link to the book here on GR. This one, right? Seidman by James Erich

message 3: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments Yes, that's it! I was about to post it when I got a phone call, so thanks for digging it up.

"Seidman" is a YA novel about Vikings with a couple twists: 1) it isn't about a boy who becomes a warrior, but about a boy who becomes a sorceror, and 2) the protagonist falls in love with another boy who is destined to become the chieftain for his clan and therefore is threatened by their relationship.

The novel was just repleased this past weekend, on June 1st.

message 4: by Kaje (last edited Jun 04, 2012 11:13AM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16510 comments James wrote: "Yes, that's it! I was about to post it when I got a phone call, so thanks for digging it up.

"Seidman" is a YA novel about Vikings with a couple twists: 1) it isn't about a boy who becomes a war..."

Congratulations on the release! Very cool to get something a bit different in setting and story line.

message 5: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments Thanks!

message 6: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments Camiele, from YAM Magazine, interviewed me during the YAM 2012 LGBT Blogathon! Here's the link:

http://www.yam-mag.com/features/book-...

message 7: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments "Seidman" was also given 4 out of 5 stars in its first review by YAM Magazine!

http://www.yam-mag.com/reviews/book-r...

message 8: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16510 comments James wrote: ""Seidman" was also given 4 out of 5 stars in its first review by YAM Magazine!

http://www.yam-mag.com/reviews/book-r..."

Congratulations. Nice to see YA getting reviewed.

message 9: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments Thanks! I'm thrilled with the review!

message 10: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments My new release, "Dreams of Fire and Gods: Dreams" is coming out on December 15th! It's a high fantasy novel about two young men, a peasant and a noble, caught up in a war between two factions of gods.

Here's the blurb:

"A thousand years ago, two factions of gods, the Stronni and the Taaweh, nearly destroyed the Kingdom of Dasak by warring for the land and the frightened humans who lived there. Then suddenly the Taaweh vanished and the Stronni declared victory.

Now, as tensions escalate between the emperor and his regent, Vek Worlen, the Vek's son, apprentice mage Sael dönz Menaük, finds himself allied with a homeless vagabond named Koreh. Together they flee the capital city and make their way across a hostile wilderness to the Vek's keep, mere steps ahead of the emperor’s assassins.

But Koreh has dreams—dreams of the ancient Taaweh—and he knows the looming war between the emperor and the Vek will be nothing compared to the war that is about to begin. The Taaweh are returning, and the war between the gods may destroy the kingdom once and for all."

Now let's see if I can get the cover to show up:

message 11: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16510 comments Ooh, I do like that cover. Is this one pure fantasy or does it have a historical basis like Seidman?

message 12: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments This one is pure fantasy. I created a fictional kingdom called Dasak, fought over by gods called the Stronni and the Taaweh. It's book one of a trilogy.

message 13: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16510 comments James wrote: "This one is pure fantasy. I created a fictional kingdom called Dasak, fought over by gods called the Stronni and the Taaweh. It's book one of a trilogy."

I figured there was going to be a series from the cover - sounds fascinating. Best of luck with the release.

message 14: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments Thanks!

message 15: by E. (new)

E. Stoops (estoops) | 13 comments *waves* I shouldn't be surprised to find you here, Mr. Erich, but strangely, I am. I always expect writers to be reclusive even though I'm not myself. How is Seidman doing? I read it months ago and thought it was cute -- good way to pass the time.

message 16: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments E. wrote: "*waves* I shouldn't be surprised to find you here, Mr. Erich, but strangely, I am. I always expect writers to be reclusive even though I'm not myself. How is Seidman doing? I read it months ago and..."

I think it's doing well, considering it's from a first-time YA author and published through an imprint that's in its first year. The honorable mentions from the Rainbow Awards were a huge boost to my self-esteem. :-)

message 17: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16510 comments James wrote: "I think it's doing well, considering it's from a first-time YA author and published through an imprint that's in its first year. The honorable mentions from the Rainbow Awards were a huge boost to my self-esteem. :-)
..."

It's getting a lot of positive notice around here (including mine - I really enjoyed it :)

message 18: by E. (new)

E. Stoops (estoops) | 13 comments Rainbow Awards.... well that's pretty cool. I'm glad to hear that.

message 19: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments Incidentally, if anybody is interested in chatting with me this Saturday, December 15th, I'll be hosting an author chat on the Harmony Ink Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/HarmonyInkPress )from 1pm EST to 6pm EST.

We'll also be giving away a free eBook copy of "Dreams of Fire and Gods: Dreams" which is being released on Saturday, and we'll also be giving away two drawings of the MCs by Beau Shemery! Dreams (Dreams of Fire and Gods, #1) by James Erich

message 20: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments I signed up for bloghop hosted by Sharon Bayliss on worldbuilding ( http://sharonbayliss.blogspot.com/201... ) and today is the first day. The idea is to take a fictional world you've created and challenge yourself to see how much detail you can come up with. Every day is a different challenge, through the rest of the week. The challenge for Day One was to describe the geography and climate of your world.

Here's my first post, about the Kingdom of Dasak, from my "Dreams of Fire and Gods" YA fantasy trilogy:

http://jameserich.com/2013/01/28/the-...

I hope it's interesting to read, but at any rate *I'm* having a lot of fun with it! :-)

message 21: by James (last edited Feb 23, 2013 08:15AM) (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments Fire (Dreams of Fire and Gods, #2) by James Erich I’m very excited to have book two of "Dreams of Fire and Gods" (called "Fire") hit the shelves this coming Friday, March 1st!

I was also notified of two new reviews I wanted to mention:

Rya at Hearts on Fire Reviews gave "Seidman" 4.5 stars, saying that “The stages of Kol and Thorbrand’s friendship are beautifully presented. I enjoyed their together-scenes a lot. There is so much innocence in their actions and the transition between hugs and kisses was cute, if I may say so.”

"Dreams of Fire and Gods: Dreams (book one)" likewise received a 4.5 star rating from CrossroadReview on NightOwlReviews, saying “And let me tell you it is good! He build such a great fantasy world that you just couldn’t stop reading it! I just can’t get over how good this book was! I’m looking forward to more from this author.”

message 22: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16510 comments Congrats on the reviews and the new release!

message 23: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments Thanks! :-)

message 24: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments I'm the featured author on True Colorz today!

http://true-colorz.blogspot.com/searc...

message 25: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16510 comments James wrote: "I'm the featured author on True Colorz today!

http://true-colorz.blogspot.com/searc..."

Very cool. I like the interview (wouldn't turn down a few doting servants myself.) And yes, that was one of the things I liked about Seidman - a feel for the home life of the period.

message 26: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16510 comments Congratulations on Dreams reaching the Honorable Mention level of the Rainbow awards - good luck in the finals.

message 27: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments Thank you! I'm very excited about it! :-)

message 28: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments Hi! I just wanted to mention that the third and final installment of my "Dreams of Fire and Gods" series, called "Gods," will be out in just 15 days! Gods (Dreams of Fire and Gods, #3) by James Erich

Blurb:

Dreams of Fire and Gods: Book Three

Long ago, two factions of gods, the Stronni and the Taaweh, nearly destroyed the Kingdom of Dasak in a great war. The Taaweh vanished when their queen was imprisoned, and the Stronni declared victory. A thousand years later, a young nobleman named Sael and his lover Koreh have rescued the Taaweh queen. In the process Koreh was killed, and now an injured Sael struggles to heal from both injuries and grief. Unknown to him, Koreh embarks on a journey across the land of the dead, trying to make his way back to Sael—and to life. But time moves differently in the underworld, and decades pass while Koreh travels.

In the living world, tensions between the emperor and Sael’s father, Vek Worlen, who is regent of the eastern kingdom, have soured beyond repair. Worlen conspires with the assassin Donegh to break into the imperial palace and challenge the emperor to a duel to the death. But the goddess Imen has chosen a young priest named Gonim as her champion. Through him she discovers the Taaweh have returned, and her enraged king threatens to destroy Dasak and all its human inhabitants. Sael must save his world, must confront the gods and persuade them not to destroy humankind. But it seems hopeless. If only Koreh were at his side…

message 29: by Kaje (last edited Oct 02, 2013 07:58PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16510 comments Great timing - and it sounds good.

message 30: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments If anyone has some free time this afternoon, I'm taking over the Harmony Ink Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/HarmonyInkPress ) to chat about my novel Gods (Dreams of Fire and Gods, #3) by James Erich that was release today, finishing off the "Dreams of Fire and Gods" fantasy trilogy.

I'll be there from 3pm to 6pm EST!

message 31: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16510 comments Congrats on completing the trilogy :)

message 32: by James (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments Kaje wrote: "Congrats on completing the trilogy :)"

Thank you! It's definitely nice to have it all wrapped up.