Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
People Archive > Sydeli's hopefully interesting writing

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sydney (last edited Jun 04, 2012 09:45AM) (new)

Sydney (sydeli) | 145 comments I started a story. I hope to finish it by the end of summer which probably won't happen but that's okay.
Have fun reading my probably suckish writing!

Here it is

message 2: by Tod (new)

Tod Mensch (TodMensch) | 2 comments Don't be so hard on yourself.

message 3: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydeli) | 145 comments It really isn't very good. Usually the only things I write that are good are the stories that I don't want to let people read.

message 4: by Alyce (new)

Alyce (fayre) | 1 comments Hello. I have joined this writers who are children group. This is the first time I've gotten on good reads in many months!

message 5: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydeli) | 145 comments Yay Alyce is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pardon my excess of exclamation points, I'm just glad you're finally back on Goodreads!

message 6: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydeli) | 145 comments I just posted Chapter 5 of Dysterverden. I'd love it if y'all could give me some feedback. Thanks!

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello!! Friendly neighborhood Lauren here! XD

message 8: by Tod (new)

Tod Mensch (TodMensch) | 2 comments Sydeli wrote: "It really isn't very good. Usually the only things I write that are good are the stories that I don't want to let people read."

But if they're the good ones, why not let people read them?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

^^^ True ^^^

message 10: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydeli) | 145 comments Because most things I write that are good are written with a muddled brain and are either full of stupid stuff or full of how I feel about something, which makes it kind of hard to let people read. Alyce, Tod, you read that poem. I wrote that with a muddled brain and it turned out good, but I had quite an arguement with myself about letting you read it.

The best writings that I have, or at least the ones I like the most, are embarrassing because they're thinly veiled mirrors of the real world. That's why they stay hidden in my journal, never to be read by anyone other than me.

message 11: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydeli) | 145 comments Hi.

This isn't really about my writing, but the information-y thread thing said we could put random stuff too.

So I got back from the beach today. I had fun but I am so incredibly happy to be home. I bought this wish necklace where you make a wish as you put it on and when the necklace falls off, your wish comes true. Most people think this is silly but it's a cute necklace and I have reason to believe it's real. I also got a YooDara voodoo doll, which is the cutest little bundle of string you will ever find. It's of this genie that has a bell on her head. Don't worry, I don't plan to hurt anyone with it.

So, unlike most other people, I am sick of summer. It's hot, I miss my friends, the only person I get to talk to is my irritating sister, and I am going insane(er).

The good thing is that I can get on Goodreads and Youtube and such whenever I want. And, thanks to the people here at WWAC, I am now a fan of Carrie Hope Fletcher on Youtube aka a Hopeful. She's the girl in the video on here where she eats cake and recommends books. She's a good singer and she's funny and y'all need to look her up. Her channel is ItsWayPastMyBedtime.

Anyway...

Random facts about me:
~Sydeli is not my real name. If you thought it was, you were wrong.
~I believe in weird things like voodoo and wish necklaces and I am proud of it.
~I make Zentangles, which are awesome doodley things.
~I can crochet, knit, spin my own yarn, and sew.
~I read books that some of my friends think are disturbing.
~I know some sign language, but only non-useful things like "I eat three purple feet in the morning."
~I do not eat three purple feet in the morning.
~I talk to my book characters inside of my head.
~I can write calligraphy
~I have a journal full of weirdness.
~I can draw pretty good portraits.
~I am terrified of serial killers.
~I am afraid of razor sharp slinkies.
~I like names. I care about character names, friend names, strangers' names, name meanings. I keep lists of names, I doodle names, I pair names with faces. Lots of names.

I just realized that most people who will actually bother to read this big long thing probably already know all this stuff... Oh well.

I'm tired. Good night!

message 12: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydeli) | 145 comments I need to get off of Goodreads. I need to do something productive.

But it's so awesome....

message 13: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydeli) | 145 comments After I finish all the other stuff I have to do, I am making myself a Cheshire Cat hat.

But I want to know, should I make it pink and purple, like in Disney's animated Alice in Wonderland, or blue and gray, like in the Tim Burton one?

Thanks for the help!

message 14: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydeli) | 145 comments Hello!

Random fact: There are 336 dimples on a golf ball.

Random Word: Lethologica~the inability to remember a word or put your finger on the right word

Random name and what it means: Minoo~ Paradise; heaven

Random number between 1 and 500: 240

Random quote: "A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him." Aesop

I felt randomer than usual. Enjoy the random!

message 15: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydeli) | 145 comments Y'all can comment on my writing and weirdness anytime you want...

message 16: by liz (new)

liz (liz272) *comments*

I love your randomness :)

message 17: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydeli) | 145 comments Thanks =]

message 18: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydeli) | 145 comments Hello Goodreadians! I am rambling right now 'cause I'm in a rambling mood and my sister won't listen! My throat hurts and I'm bored and I miss my friends but I'm somehow still happy! Maybe because last night I had a dream where I was in the same room as John and Hank Green or I had ice cream last night or I'm rereading this amazingly awesome book, The Fault in Our Stars, or because my lame craft project is going really well or because I'm going to my boyfriend's birthday party on Saturday or because I went to a sleepover with my friend on Saturday or because I kinda almost got some writing done yesterday or because my book characters are awesome people or because my friend's boy troubles are sorta starting to resolve or because I want a bow tie or because macaroni ice cream eaten with chopsticks is good or because Carrie and Alex sang a cover of a song that makes it really look like they're gonna get together or because this thread has 17 views!

So yeah. I'm gonna eat a corndog.

message 19: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydeli) | 145 comments Hi! I just realized I'm treating this thread as more of a blog than a way to get people to read my writing... Mods, I hope that's okay. If it isn't, just tell me and I'll stop using it like a bloggy-journal thing.

Anyway, I think its raining and that makes me super happy because I need inspiration! I have ideas to write but I just haven't been writing them. I have no idea why. I'm hoping the rain will help me want to write.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.