YA Spirit discussion

What if... > What would you say or do if you were just in a car wreck that totaled your parents car?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cat2010) I am writing a scene in my latest book and thought your input would be helpful. What would you say or do if you were just in a car wreck, (parents car) and the car was totaled?

message 2: by Lena (new)

Lena | 59 comments I would be worrying about what my parents might say about the car!

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cat2010) What thoughts would you have after your parents said, "We are just glad you are alive!" What would you tell your friends about the creck?

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cat2010) Sorry, Wreck?

message 5: by Lena (new)

Lena | 59 comments If my parents said it was alright then I'd probably be fussing over whether or not I have any internal damage.

Tell friends?
Maybe. I know lots of people would be all, 'OMG you'll never guess what happened to me!' about it, but I'm the kind of person who doesn't bother telling people things like that. If they know, they know.

I'm sorry, I know I'm probably not being very helpful. What's your character like?

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cat2010) The character has a troubled life, married at 16 and then divorced, struggles with alcohol; thus the car wreck. Mischievous, Rebellious, troubled, confused and hungry for acceptance.

Actually you are helping me. Do you know any books that have dialogue of this kind of character?

Thank You

message 7: by Lena (last edited Jun 07, 2012 01:26PM) (new)

Lena | 59 comments Hmmm, I can't think of anything this specific, sorry. But there are many that involve alcholics (I haven't read them, but I know they do exist) and of course teenagers full of problems. How many teen books do you read? And of course the character must have a feisty and stubborn attitude. Actually, you should try and watch something like a video about troubled teenagers. I bet they're on YouTube! Have you ever watched Waterloo Road? I don't but I'll bet from what I've heard that at least one of those characters MUST share the dialogue needed! Searching YouTube... Okay, try the stuff about struggling teens, pregnancy, alcoholism, the works. I hope I've helped at least a little bit!

message 8: by Naomi (last edited Jun 07, 2012 07:43PM) (new)

Naomi I would call one of my crazy friends and ask if i could camp out in her bedroom until the coast is clear. Then i would sneak back to my house, pack up a few essentials and go run into the woods to live with bunnies.

sorry, that wasn't a seriouse answer :)
But i think all depends on you characters personality. If she's outgoing and wild then maybe my first answer would make sense. But if she's quiet and reserved then maybe she would be more rational about it.

message 9: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cat2010) Thanks for sharing Naomi. (I enjoyed your humor.) Character does play a role in the response. This Character is a Fire,Choleric,Lion; the different traits psychologist give personalities.

Lena, I am going to use your idea's and start watching utube video's. Thanks.

message 10: by Lena (new)

Lena | 59 comments You're welcome!

message 11: by Naomi (new)

Naomi yea lena, those ideas were good. Good luck on your story Cindy!

message 12: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cat2010) Enjoying the Journey Naomi. I have found that most teens roll their eyes a lot, and think that they have the answers so they take offense to people always trying to fix or explain the world to them. Do you agree?

message 13: by Naomi (new)

Naomi I think many of them are like that, but I think many teens are also insecure and quiet. But yes, most of the time I think they feel like they know what they're doing