The Infernal Devices discussion

201 views
The Mortal Instruments > Brother Zachariah

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richa (new)

Richa (cityofbooks) | 54 comments yeah it's possible he could be Stephen Herondale, (which is why he cares so much about Jace) but I'm hoping he's either WIll or Jem :P


message 2: by Noor (new)

Noor (noor_a) | 273 comments OMG! Never thought of that Richa! Wait but didn't he die??


message 3: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) | 1431 comments Mod
found this on tumblr:




message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

i think he is jem.....
because maybe the only way for Jem to survive is to becoming a silent brother and live forever, so he chooses that so he can stay with Tessa 4ever but he doesnt have eyes or mouth.......thats sad :(


message 5: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) | 1431 comments Mod
Ash wrote: "i think he is jem.....
because maybe the only way for Jem to survive is to becoming a silent brother and live forever, so he chooses that so he can stay with Tessa 4ever but he doesnt have eyes or ..."


Silent Brothers aren't immortals though, they just live longer!


message 6: by Michelle's (new)

Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books (michellesparanormalreviews) | 26 comments I think Magnus does know who he is, and I also think it could be Jem, they do live very, very long, and I remember in a description of Brother Zach, that Clary said he was not mutilated, and his eyes were just closed, not missing. So that part is not as typical, he also had black hair (which Jem would have if not hooked on the drugs anymore, they are what made his eyes and hair go silver) I also do not believe he could still BE with Tessa as a silent brother, they are like monks, no family's or wives. I have a feeling we will learn more on him in the next book, maybe even learn more in Clockwork Princess. We shall see.


message 7: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) | 1431 comments Mod
Michelle wrote: "I think Magnus does know who he is, and I also think it could be Jem, they do live very, very long, and I remember in a description of Brother Zach, that Clary said he was not mutilated, and his ey..."

Lol what do you mean you think?! Cassie clearly said he does in that post.


message 8: by Cat (new)

Cat (CattheDerpQueen) | 1 comments I still reckon Brother Z is Jem or Stephen (Most likely Jem). Firstly, he says he only ever lived two people enough to die for them- Will and Tessa or his son (Jace) and Amatis. I lean more towards Jem though because Vlary mentions him having slim hands, which Tessa describes Jem's hands as, and Clary doesn't mention scars, which Stephen would have a lot of, or at least more than Jem. Or it could be Gabriel.


message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

wait why Stephen


message 10: by Codee (new)

Codee Meredith | 43 comments Cat wrote: "I still reckon Brother Z is Jem or Stephen (Most likely Jem). Firstly, he says he only ever lived two people enough to die for them- Will and Tessa or his son (Jace) and Amatis. I lean more towards..."

It can't be Stephen. Maryse asks Brother Z if he ever had kids, and he says no.


message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

What if Stephen was told that when Celine committed suicide, his child also did not make it, therefore he believes he never had a child...


message 12: by Codee (new)

Codee Meredith | 43 comments But at the end of COLS, when Clary talks about the letter Jace's father wrote to him and the initials on the dagger, he says Stephen William Herondale. And he knows Jace is a Herondale in COFA too.


message 13: by Rutwa (new)

Rutwa WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!! did u say Stephen WILLIAM Herondale?????????!!!!!!!!!!!
so like WILLIAM!!!!
couls Stephan be the descendent of OUR Will!!?!?!?!?!?!?


message 14: by Codee (new)

Codee Meredith | 43 comments Haha yeah, the same as how Alec is Alexander Gideon Lightwood


message 15: by Anne-Marie (new)

Anne-Marie | 1 comments This is a spoiler if you haven't read Clockwork Princess: Jem is in fact brother Zachariah, the reason he cares for Jace is because Jace is a Herondale by blood, and because Jace is so much like his former parabati William Herondale.


★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ (rockclimbingirl) | 23 comments Anne-marie wrote: "This is a spoiler if you haven't read Clockwork Princess: Jem is in fact brother Zachariah, the reason he cares for Jace is because Jace is a Herondale by blood, and because Jace is so much like hi..."

You might want to put that in spoiler quotations/html-thingy...


message 17: by Mairead (new)

Mairead Fari wrote: "Ash wrote: "wait why Stephen"

well, it's a theory because people are starting to think that if it were to be Jem or Will, it would be too predictable. And Stephen works, because you know, the 2 pe..."


I just have to say that Jace wasn't even born when Stephen died so Stephen wouldn't have even known him so I think it's Jem because he loves will and tessa so much.


message 18: by Ry (new)

Ry Strider | 2 comments Now that we have read Clockwork Princess, we know that it is Jem. Thus, my shreik of fangirling when I saw him in TMI.


message 19: by Anum (new)

Anum | 7 comments I loved how Cassie introduced Brother Zacariah in CoHF....and Izzys reaction when she saw him at Jocelyns wedding...


back to top