Heathens, Pagans and Witches discussion

Pagans and Books (Yes, There’s a List Involved)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) The Wild Hunt has posted an article about pagans and books.

Have a read and see what you think:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wildhunt...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved the link for essential texts. Totally bookmarked it. Thanks for sharing!

message 3: by Pixelina (new)

Pixelina Kinda nice, but there is a distinctive gap there. Not a single book on ceremonial magic, golden dawn, kabbalah, thelema, hermetics...

message 4: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) There were quite a few traditions left off the list, I felt, Jeanette.

message 5: by Nell (new)

Nell Grey (nellgrey) | 1682 comments They're all novels, even the old and older ones - no non-fiction at all. Lots more in the comments too.

message 6: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) Um, Nell, the original article quoted by the Wild Hunt (check the links) is all non-fiction.

message 7: by Nell (new)

Nell Grey (nellgrey) | 1682 comments Ah, the links - I thought you meant that particular blog post. The website is incredibly slow and turbulent for me so I only tried a couple the first time. I'll try again later - maybe it'll settle down.

message 8: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) Sorry for the misunderstanding Nell. :( It was the original list to which I was referring.

message 9: by Nell (new)

Nell Grey (nellgrey) | 1682 comments Don't worry, I was tired last night otherwise I'd probably have noticed. There are some good books on that essential texts page, but as Jeanette says, the list's not quite comprehensive re. traditions. I wonder if we should add the ones not already there to our bookshelf?

message 10: by Nell (new)

Nell Grey (nellgrey) | 1682 comments Thanks Jaq, but I'm getting 'Service Unavailable' - I'll try later.

message 11: by Nell (new)

Nell Grey (nellgrey) | 1682 comments Ah, I see what you meant now - thanks.