libertine's destiny libertine's destiny discussion

Libertine's Destiny

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (last edited Jun 08, 2014 05:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenna I read this book when I was in 6th grade, and again in high school. As I recall, I can't hardly put it down when I opened the firt page of the book. I cried a bucket of tears at least while reading, and sad to say that this was the only book that he has ever written. Paul Anciers was a good writer.....
I've been looking a copy of this book for a long time, and can't find anywhere else. I asked all the book store, and library all over the state, and apparently there's only three library's who has a copy of it. New York, California, and Wisconsin, and tried to be on their waiting list for a long time before I get to have my turn to adopt the book.

I won't discuss the story here until I read this book again, because I vaguely remember the characters even though I know the story at heart. As a romance novel this book is great!

The story started in Germany during World War II. Libertines' younger siblings, and grandpa Rolf was having a hard time to get some food, while only Libertine's was feeding the family.....later on she'll meet the American Capt. Alexander (Alex) and the story begins with a gripping, absorbing......and hard to put down book......just sayin.

Lourdes Mayuga good luck to find a copy of it soon! let me know when you do.... :D

Jenna Oh, thank you dear....and I'm going to give a review of it, as soon as I'm done with the book :))

Lourdes Mayuga still waiting for your review of libertine's! lol

Jenna Hehehee, I didn't started it yet, because I want to have everything before I start....I'm only at Chapter six :)

Lourdes Mayuga hey, long time no post here for me! where's libertine's review? lol

Jenna Heh, to many books to read to little time. I'm not sure dear maybe, next week when I'm finished with some of the books that I started reading. As, I'm reading with my kids two chapter of each books everyday it slow my readng lol.

Lourdes Mayuga wow, nice to have the same hobby with your kids! read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read readread read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read & more reading! lol

Jenna I think most kids likes to imitate their parents.....that's why usually you can tell the parents through the kids behaviour.

message 10: by Anette (new)

Anette Hi does anybody know where i can get a copy of this book?(libertine's destiny) I've been searching for this book for a long long long time.If anybody could tell me i appreciate it very much.

thanks

message 11: by Nimfa (new)

Nimfa Holm I want this book too ( libertines Destiny )...pls let me know where to get this book. Thank you

message 12: by Arlene (new) - added it

Arlene I hope I could also find a copy of this one. Read it about thirty years ago with the only copy that our university library had. I wish someone would share it with us.One of the best books I ever read.

Jenna I'm sorry, I just borrowed it from the library here in Florida. I wish I could buy, some copies of it, and share it with you guys, but here in the U.S. you're not allowed to that......I wish whoever owned or inherited the copyright of this book "Libertine's Destiny" will reprint it.

Belle Everlasting where to get a hard copy of this book? i've read the old version of this when i was in highschool in which i borrowed from my chinese friend. now, i want to have my own copy but i cannot find one.

message 15: by Delo (new)

Delo me and my wife have been searching for this book, i hope it will br reprinted.

Jenna I do hope so, too. Here in the U.S I only found three libraries that owned the copies. It really depends whoever inherited the state of P. Ancher the author who wrote Libertine Destiny.

message 17: by Delo (new)

Delo does that library incl chicago?

Jenna I'm sorry Chicago is not one of the library, as I know the only state has it are New York, California, and Wisconsin. I to do too, was waiting for a long time due to people already on a waiting list ahead of me.

message 19: by Arlene (new) - added it

Arlene Been longing to have a copy for so many years now. Would love to re-read it again, it's one of the nicest stories I've ever read.

message 20: by Joni (new) - added it

Joni finally!!

message 21: by Merced (new) - added it

Merced Bunagan Please, How can I get a copy of this novel?

message 22: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn Manzano been looking for this book for years. how can I get a copy?

message 23: by Amaris (new) - added it

Amaris hi I'm in California... Which library in California has this novel and how would I be able to contact them so I may be able to borrow this book?

message 24: by Shari (new) - added it

Shari Ali How can I read Libertine's Destiny on kindle?

message 25: by John (new) - rated it 5 stars

John Leofel I want to have a soft copy of this book can i read or download a pdf of this book anywhere?

message 26: by John (new) - rated it 5 stars

John Leofel if there is a copy for sale i would like to buy it even a soft copy will suffice i will still buy if anybody has it

Lilian Rojas Please send me a copy too if you have one...

message 28: by Arlene (new) - added it

Arlene Been looking for this book since my college days. I want to reread it. Is it the only book of P. Anciers?