The Maid of Fairbourne Hall The Maid of Fairbourne Hall discussion

What is your favorite Julie Klassen book?

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jackie Mine is "The Maid of Fairbourne Hall"

Anne I'm not sure. The Maid of Fairbourne Hall was great, but I really liked the Silent Governess, too.

Annie I've only read two, my favorite so far is The Girl in the Gatehouse. I loved how I could see bits of almost every Jane Austen book in it. Plus how it emphasized the importance of forgiveness.

Anne I just finished re-reading THe Girl in the Gatehouse and I think I liked it more the second time around. So now I really don't know which is my fave.

Alissa #1 The Apothecary's Daughter (by a long shot:)
#2 The Maid of Fairbourne Hall
#3 The Silent Governess

Emily Mason #1 The Silent Governess
#2 The Apothecary's Daughter
#3 The Girl In The Gatehouse
But I love them all!

Karen The Apothecary's Daughter
Lady of Milkweed Manor
The Maid of Fairbourne Hall

Anna The Silent Governess was amazing!

Jackie A new book is coming in December. I can't wait!

Jennifer The Silent Governess. It was the first one of hers I read, and still remains my favorite!

message 11: by Rita (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rita I've read & loved them all!
If I had to rate them, it would be as follows:

#1 - The Maid of Fairbourne Hall
#2 - The Silent Governess
#3 - Lady of Milkweed Manor
#4 - The Girl in the Gatehouse
#5 - The Apothecary's Daughter

Cassondra It is so hard to choose!! Though I do love The Girl in the Gatehouse. They're really all good. I like the strong female protagonists and the stories and romances in all her books. I like that there is frequently the theme of redemptive love without the books being religiously preachy.

Emilee I've read them all too!
1. The Apothecary's Daughter
2. Lady of Milkweed Manor
3.The Girl in the Gatehouse
4. The Silent Governess
5. The Maid of Fairbourne Hall

I love reading everyone's post!

message 14: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Robinson The Silent Governess was my favorite.

message 15: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Robinson I forgot how great The Girl in the Gatehouse was.

message 16: by Tara (last edited Sep 07, 2012 07:10AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tara Well, I love them all, really... but, if I had to rate them:
(1) Apothecary's Daughter (2) Lady of Milkweed Manor (3) The Girl in the Gatehouse (4)The Maid of Fairbourne Hall (5) The Silent Governess

I am quite sure the next one has the potential to be my favorite, too!

message 17: by Wren (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wren Thomas I have to say I love the Lady of Milkweed Manor the most.

Debra The Apothecary's Daughter is my favorite. It was also the first of her books I read and I couldn't wait to read another one. Really liked them all. Second on my list would probably be The Girl in the Gatehouse but I love all of them.

message 19: by Anne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne Really? I didn't care for the Apothecary's Daughter at all! It drove me nuts! I almost didn't finish it.

Anita Jones looper The Apothecary's Daughter was my favorite followed closely by The Maid of Faibourne Hall.

message 21: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Robinson The Silent Governess

Amanda My fav would most def be The Girl in the Gatehouse

message 23: by Riah (new) - added it

Riah The Silent Governess and The Girl in the Gatehouse are my favorites. I haven't read the new one yet though. The Tutor's Daughter (is that the name?).

message 24: by Tina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tina Good Question! "The Apothecary's Daughter" was my least favorite. I would say "The Girl in the Gatehouse" and "Maid of Fairbourne Hall" are my two favorites. I can't wait to read her new book.

Julie Momyer Jackie wrote: "Mine is "The Maid of Fairbourne Hall""

Definitely my favorite too.

message 26: by Anne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne gertt wrote: "It's interesting to see which books appeal to different people.

I'm not trying to be rude, because I have enjoyed Ms Klassen's previous books, but I just could not relate to any of the character..."

Really? I liked that one. The one I couldn't stand so much that I almost didn't finish it was The Apothecary's Daughter. I didn't even know who she was going to fall for until the end. She was fickle, snobbish, and highly annoying. The plot wasn't even enough to keep me interested. The only good character was Francis and he wasn't even there half of the time.

Julie Momyer I am in complete agreement. I have enjoyed all of her books except The Apothecary's Daughter.

message 28: by Anne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne @gertt:

It's not so much that the end wasn't predictable, I like a good surprise. But it written as if Ms. Klassen wasn't even sure herself who she was going to end up with. I don't know. It just didn't seem very welll written.

message 29: by Anne (last edited Feb 01, 2013 12:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne I know. Two people can read the exact same thing and get two totally different interpretations.

Cathy Bryant I have every one of her books. It would be too difficult to select a favorite, as I love them all.

Carol R. The Tudor's Daughter and and Silent Governness tie for FIRST.

Emily Mason I love The Tutor's Daughter but I also love The Silent Governess.... But then again I love them all!

Victoria The Silent Governess! Really good, but i need to read more Klassen.

Cathy Bryant Emily wrote: "I love The Tutor's Daughter but I also love The Silent Governess.... But then again I love them all!"

I am with you, Emily.

Bethany N Wallace I loved both The Girl in the Gatehouse and The Maid of Fairbourne Hall...but I've really enjoyed all of them!

Julie Poor How can you pick just one?! I loved The Tutor's Daughter! I agree with Emily, I loved them all!!

Suchi mine is the tutor's daughter and silent governess

Paula Vince Mine is The Tutor's Daughter, the most recent one. She must be getting better all the time. Other than that, The Apothecary's Daughter is a close second.

Emily I love them all! The first one I read was The Silent Governess, and it turned me into a Klassen collector!!
My favorites are The Silent Governess and The Girl in the Gatehouse.

Yasmin B 1) The Silent Governess
2) The Tutor's Daughter
3) The Girl in the Gatehouse
4) Apothecary's Daughter

Cathy Bryant I love them all. It is difficult to select a favorite.

Emily Colby I've only read The Tutor's Daughter, The Maid of Fairbourne Hall, and The Apothecary's Daughter. The only one I really liked was The Tutor's daughter.

Dadde 1) The Tutor´s Daughter
2) The Maid of Fairbourne Hall
3) The Silent Governess
4) The Girl in The Gatehouse

I started with Lady of Milkweed Manor but couldn´t finish it.
I haven´t bought The Apothecary´s Daughter.

Andrea Cox I don't know how I could choose just one, as they're all deliciously wonderful. But I think I'm going to go with Apothecary's Daughter, simply because it's the first I read... and the reason I'm hooked on Julie Klassen's books!

Emily I finally got to read The Tutor's Daughter a couple of weeks ago, and loved it!! I work with kids like Adam, which made it very personal for me.

message 46: by Jane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane My Favorites: The Silent Governess and The Maid of Fairbourne Hall but I have yet to read The Dancing Master.

message 47: by Barb (new) - rated it 3 stars

Barb Silent Governess

Laura The Girl In The Gatehouse, The Tutor's Daughter, The Apothecary's Daughter.

Taemar The Maid of Fairbourne Hall