~Young Adult Enthusiasts~ discussion

The Heroes of Olympus > The Heroes of Olympus

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Valencia (empowered) | 1777 comments Mod
How do you like the Heroes of Olympus series? Do you like all the new heroes? How do you feel about the new characters? What's you're opinion about the building excitement for Mark of Athena? What do you think is going to happen in Mark of Athena? How did you feel at the end of The Son of Neptune? Discuss this series here!!!!

message 2: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

I think I have both of the Heroes books lendable on my Nook if any of you haven't read it and want too!!! :D

message 3: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Welsh (katrinawelsh_) I don't really like the new heroes, to be honest. Also, I think that the series lacks the humour that PJ series did, mostly because the humour came from Percy's point of view and we don't really get to see it that much anymore. By the way, I don't like Frank. At. All.

message 4: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 304 comments Mod
Hehe I still loved them :) but I'm an easy sell! Percy's still the best but I like Hazel and Jason too :)

message 5: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

I really like the new heroes. I was a little put off when I heard Percy wasn't going to be in the first one, but my mind changed quickly after reading the first chapter!!! I think humor wise, Rick was playing around new territory with the new characters so he couldn't have Percy humor with them. It would have made the Percy humor a crutch for the book, and I don't think I would have enjoyed that at all. I love the drama envolved with the new characters!!! I think that may be one of the best things to me with this series. So many different characters that are tied together in some really weird ways with some mixed up complicated backgrounds made the story really intriguing.

message 6: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

I really like the new heroes. I was a little put off when I heard Percy wasn't going to be in the first one, but my mind changed quickly after reading the first chapter!!! I think humor wise, Rick was playing around new territory with the new characters so he couldn't have Percy humor with them. It would have made the Percy humor a crutch for the book, and I don't think I would have enjoyed that at all. I love the drama envolved with the new characters!!! I think that may be one of the best things to me with this series. So many different characters that are tied together in some really weird ways with some mixed up complicated backgrounds made the story really intriguing.

message 7: by Carly (new)

Carly I love the Heroes of Olympus but I wish they could've picked up after all the main characters from the other books had died and not had it be a continuation but other than that I love them and Riordan keeps up his awesome writing.

message 8: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

I'm confused you wish it would have been picked up after the other book, but not been a continuation?

message 9: by Carrissa (new)

Carrissa Bellehumeur | 10 comments Valencia do you have The Son of Neptune on your Nook that you would be able to lend??

message 10: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Monroe (natmonroe4) | 3 comments I agree with Katrina, it's not as funny as the original Percy Jackson series. But I still read it to keep up with the old heroes.

message 11: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Carrissa wrote: "Valencia do you have The Son of Neptune on your Nook that you would be able to lend??"

I do!!! Send me your email and I'll lend it to you :)

message 12: by Carrissa (new)

Carrissa Bellehumeur | 10 comments bowwow_08@yahoo.com

message 13: by Fitzfangirl (new)

Fitzfangirl | 5 comments Hi! -waves- can I jump in? :) Overall, I like Heroes of Olympus, and the way the chapters are structured is neat. But it's not the same as PJATO...everything happening in Percy's point of view was much more entertaining, but I'm excited to see the world through Annabeth's eyes in MoA! And no Percy in TLH just KILLED me! And the whole time his memory was lost was just terrible. And I was sad Percy and Annabeth didn't really get a "happily ever after" for very long. And now, all this drama about Percy facing a sacrifice he can't make, I'm so scared for him. :( (I'm very attached to Percy...;))

message 14: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Oh yea MoA is going to be intense!!!!! I think it's great that there are different characters because there can be a whole lot more stories in that world.

message 15: by Chandrapal (new)

Chandrapal Khasiya | 3 comments loved it !

message 16: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

@Carrissa did you get the book?

message 17: by Carrissa (new)

Carrissa Bellehumeur | 10 comments Yes I just finished it yesterday!! Thank you so much for letting me borrow it Valencia!

message 18: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Anytime!! I added you as a Nookfriend so you can see all the books I have!! :)

message 19: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabshi) Percy is fun still but I like Hazel, too. She's cool. My brother hates her, but I like her;). Percy is more serious and less funny, but he's still good.

message 20: by David (new)

I love Hazel too! I actually like most of the characters, Riordan is a genius!!!

message 21: by ShAnnon (last edited Jul 14, 2012 11:13PM) (new)

ShAnnon Monahan (shannonmonahan) | 15 comments i'm kinda in between with hazel... she's kind of touch and go for me. also i love this series and i got the second book signed. i think that there is going to be an epic battle even bigger than in the last olympian.(p.s gleeson hedge is mentioned in that book) i cant wait till the third book comes out. nervous about percy and annabeth and i am really excited and anxious since i read the first teaser chapter. so yeah

message 22: by ShAnnon (last edited Jul 14, 2012 11:13PM) (new)

ShAnnon Monahan (shannonmonahan) | 15 comments and also i love piper's attitude and i have a crush on nico. is that weird? haha

message 23: by David (new)

Lol not weird at all!! Cool, actually :)

message 24: by David (new)

Wow awesome post Brian, I loved it!! You are a true fan :)

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (mandamichele) I think Rick Riordan did a great job in Heroes of Olympus, especially trying to follow up Percy. I'm hoping to see lots more Annabeth in Mark of Athena!

message 26: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

I think Leo and Frank are my favorites. Leo's all crazy entergetic and Frank's the strong silent type with a big heart. I really like Rhena(sp) too. She's a really strong female character and I really respect her. She's like Camp Jupiter's Annabeth.

Ya'll I just realized how much drama is going to be in MoA!!!!

message 27: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

I KNOW RIGHT!!! Have any of you read the excerpt on the book's disney page?

message 28: by Karissa (new)

Karissa (bibliophilic98) Yes, I like Percy the best still, and I liked Jaosn, Leo, and Piper. I hope that in The Mark of Athena, It will be from Percy's,Annabeth's, and Grover's point of views

message 29: by Oscar (new)

Oscar Haven't read book one in a while, so I can't quite remember who's who, but I think it's Jason who's the mechanical one, and he's one of my fave characters. I would omlare myself to him, but I'm less of a genius.

message 30: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

No that's Leo. I don't think Grover will have a POV in the new book just the main characters from the first 2 books.

message 31: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Yes it is!!!! It's been a long time coming.

message 32: by David (new)

Oh my gosh, that will be awesome!!

message 33: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccatheawesomeone) | 146 comments I think Riordan should have stuck with his old first person POV. I mean, what better way to connect with young readers then let them get inside the hero's head? And other than that Riordan was amaing at that POV. This Pov just seemed kind of.. I don't know... lacking in the Riordan trademark humor and charm.

The other heroes.. I think they should have more girls. I mean out of the whole two books there have only been two female heroes. I mean, in the Kane chronicles, he had both Sadie AND Zia. Annabeth and Thalia. It just seems like he prefers guys. (which would make sense as he is one and knows their way of thinking. Even Sadie was a bit too boy-ish. But thats a different series.

Overall its a great series by a great author.

message 34: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

We get another girl in the next book and MoA should have 3 female POVs.

message 35: by Jay (new)

Jay | 69 comments Jason is cool

message 36: by David (new)

Jay wrote: "Jason is cool"

Definitely

message 37: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccatheawesomeone) | 146 comments Valencia wrote: "We get another girl in the next book and MoA should have 3 female POVs."

I don't know how he's going to pull it off, what with 7 different people to write in POV. He's probably going to have to ditch the whole two chapters then switch thing.

message 38: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Hmmmm I don't know how he will do it maybe just the POV of Camp Half-Blood people and then Camp Jupiter in the next book hmmmm......I think we can expect this book to be lengthy either way.

message 39: by David (new)

The longer the better, can't get enough of my PJ!!

message 40: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Amen to that David!!!!!

message 41: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Who's excited for the new Heroes book?! I really am I haven't been this excited for a sequel in a while especially after the ending of MoA. I love how much their relationships have grown and I think there will be a boatload more of relationship surprises in the future books. ^_^

message 42: by David (new)

Me too!! Love this series :)