~Young Adult Enthusiasts~ discussion

Kane Chronicles > The Kane Chronicles

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Valencia (empowered) | 1777 comments Mod
Has anyone read The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan? How do you like this series? Do you like the switch from first person point of view from one character's stand point to first person/third person point of view from two characters? How do you feel about the ending of The Serpent's Shadow? Did this series spark an interest of Egyptian myth for you? Discuss everything Kane Chronicle's here!!

message 2: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 304 comments Mod
Loved the first two books, not quite as good as Percy but still very good :) I liked the POV shifts, especially the girl (I forget her name). Saw the third one in the store but decided not to buy it yet as I have 12 books ahead of it lol

message 3: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Lol yes Sadie was amazing with her saracsm. I really liked the fact that they were in close communion with the gods. I also like that is wasn't like the Percy books. I hate to see redundant authors and authors who drag on a story/plot/theme. I like that he has the imagination to do a series completely separate from what we already know him to do. Rick is the king of plot twists and cliff hangers!!!!!

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) HE IS! GO RIORDAN!

I will never outgrow Percy... I am forever replenishing my copies of the series. I'm my friends' official Rick Riordan library. :D He's got a great sarcastic voice, and his characters are all thought out and have depth. Will forever be a Riordan fan. :) And a demigod.

message 5: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Haha same here!!!!

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) ;) it's worth it! Authors are what inspire me to write myself. :)

message 7: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 304 comments Mod
Yeah, me too, I know exactly what you mean ;)

message 8: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Yes that is so true!!

message 9: by Carly (new)

Carly I'm a huge fan of Rick Riordan but I didn't like the first book of the Kane Chronicles at all. I guess I'm just into the Greek mythology

message 10: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Why didn't you like it? Greek is my favorite too

message 11: by S.j. (new)

S.j. | 2 comments I was also a fan of the Olympian series, that didn't care for the Kane Chronicles. In fact, I only read the first book. It is hard for me to place exactly why it didn't grab me, but I think it had something to do with the pacing of the book.