Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2012 Challenge Archive > 2012 June - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments What have you just read, currently reading, or about to read in June? And how are they?

Stop by and share.

message 2: by Vicki (new)

Vicki | 153 comments I'm currently reading Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer by LaVyrle Spencer. I heard so many good comments about the book, and now I understand why. Such a sweet story!

Everyone who likes gentle history romance should definitely read this one!

message 3: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) I have been reading A Distant Melody (Wings of Glory, #1) by Sarah Sundin but i'm having some trouble in finishing it. So i started The Pillars of the World (Tir Alainn, #1) by Anne Bishop . Anne Bishop is one of my favorite authors but once again, i wasn't able to get into the story :(
So i think i'm gonna start a new one Blood on the Bayou (Annabelle Lee, #2) by Stacey Jay . I think i may have became addicted to the urban fantasy gender...

message 4: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 2081 comments I'm listening to Cut & Run (Cut & Run #1) by Abigail Roux .

Reading First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones and Broken Wings (Chronicles of Brydon, #1) by Lora Leigh .

message 5: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19827 comments I'm listening to The Girl Who Played With Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson and reading a new release Out in the Field by Kate McMurray as a buddy read with Dee and Fran (if anyone wants to join us :)

message 6: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19827 comments Wan ~DragonsWan~ wrote: "I'm listening to Cut & Run (Cut & Run #1) by Abigail Roux.

Reading First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones and BROKEN WINGS-PAPER by Khalil Gibran."

Wan - what are your thoughts on the narrator of Cut & Run? I really enjoyed the narration but others have complained...

message 7: by Aoibhínn (new)

Aoibhínn (aoibhinn) I've finished reading The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks earlier and now I'm starting Seven Up by Janet Evanovich.

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments taking a break on Shadow Game and started Mistral's Kiss (Meredith Gentry, #5) by Laurell K. Hamilton . it's grabbed my attention quickly. glad i switched cause i wasn't feeling Shadow Game and was loosing my desire to read.

message 9: by Skandia (new)

Skandia (sfgirl) | 962 comments Reading Delicious. Surprisingly good and doesn't have the many repeats and slowly moving plot as romance books sometimes do. That book is an easy and a quick read!

message 10: by Ruby (new)

Ruby :) (rubyisdumb) I was supposed to be reading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee but ended up reading Getting Over Garrett Delaney by Abby McDonald ... I always get drawn to the Chick Lits somehow... But I'm liking it so far...

message 12: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments So far I've read The Thirteen Problems (Miss Marple, #2) by Agatha Christie The Second Sunrise by Francesca Greer (craziest book evah!) and listened to the Grover Gardner narration of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain which I TOTALLY recommend.

Now I'm reading Burn Bright (Night Creatures, #1) by Marianne de Pierres , which has really two-dimensional and uninteresting characters but an cool premise and I'm trying to listen to Catch-22 by Joseph Heller but although the book has some moments, it's really not grabbing my interest. I think I'll try to listen to it slowly over the month (it's 20 hrs. long) instead of doing it in one sitting.

message 13: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (lacy_stewart) | 1865 comments Kristen wrote: "Right now I'm reading The Chololate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke. I'm trying to finish it by the end of the week so I can start something new! Any light beach read suggestions??"

This is a great beach read - Nearlyweds by Beth Kendrick

message 14: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (lacy_stewart) | 1865 comments Finished this month: Endure (Need, #4) by Carrie Jones Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6) by Nalini Singh

Currently reading: Dancing with the Devil by Laura Drewry

still plan on reading this month: Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9) by J.D. Robb What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen Love in a Nutshell by Janet Evanovich The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

message 15: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 2081 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "Wan ~DragonsWan~ wrote: "Wan - what are your thoughts on the narrator of Cut & ..."

I'm enjoying it & have absolutely no complaint. (But I'm an audio book virgin so I have no frame of reference.)

message 16: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19827 comments I think the complaints came from some die-hard fans, so they probably had specific voices in their heads that didn't then gel with the narrator's characterisation...

Glad you are enjoying it Wan :)

message 17: by Linda (new)

Linda | 403 comments Just finished Spirit Fighter by Jerel Law

Starting
Highland Avenger (Murray Family, #18) by Hannah Howell

message 18: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) Finished and loved Blood on the Bayou (Annabelle Lee, #2) by Stacey Jay and now i've started Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth . So far i'm liking it.

message 19: by literariel (new)

message 20: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "I think the complaints came from some die-hard fans, so they probably had specific voices in their heads that didn't then gel with the narrator's characterisation...

Glad you are enjoying it Wan :)"

That's why I rarely switch to audio once I started a series in print because rarely your interpretation of the character is the same as the narrator.

message 21: by Aoibhínn (new)

Aoibhínn (aoibhinn) Yesterday, I finished reading Seven Up by Janet Evanovich and today I've started The Client by John Grisham.

message 22: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19827 comments D.G. ~Shameless Hussy~ wrote: "That's why I rarely switch to audio once I started a series in print because rarely your interpretation of the character is the same as the narrator..."

I understand that, but sometimes I just want some 'comfort' books on my long drives... I have doubled up in a few series for this reason. Unless they are really bad narrators, the voices in my head change ;)

message 23: by Susana (last edited Jun 09, 2012 04:04PM) (new)

Susana (susana32) I finished Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth . Loved this story, can't wait to read the next one. And now i'm reading Exposure A Novel by Therese Fowler . This book is really getting on my nerves. can't wait to finish it and be done with it!

message 24: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 2081 comments Reading.

Broken Wings (Chronicles of Brydon, #1) by Lora Leigh Alien in the Family (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #3) by Gini Koch

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments finished Mistral's Kiss this afternoon which was great. it helped get me out of my reading slump. now i'm about to start Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1) by Lori Foster .

message 26: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Jun 11, 2012 08:12PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19827 comments Just finished The Girl Who Played With Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson ... What an abrupt ending!! :( Now I HAVE to read the last book soon.

Just started Sweet Talk (Bakery Sisters, #1) by Susan Mallery for the FAC challenge :)

message 27: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) Just finished Cartas da Toscana by Domenica De Rosa (Villa Serena) it had a good story. And now i'm going to start Spellcast by Barbara Ashford . With great expectations regarding this book.

message 28: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ I finished What Happens in London (Bevelstoke #2) by Julia Quinn , which I thought was cute, and I've been working my way through An Echo in the Bone (Outlander, #7) by Diana Gabaldon .

message 29: by Linda (new)

Linda (LindafromDC) | 1 comments Broken and Callen & Harper

message 30: by Lekshmy (new)

Lekshmy | 242 comments I finsihed Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1) by Susan Mallery and guess was wrong to pick that book after reading the phenomenal The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield Language, script,characters were all good and worth my staying up until 2 am to finish the book.

Currently reading The Girl Who Played With Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson -Kindle and planning to start Summer Sisters by Judy Blume -Paper back

message 31: by Susana (last edited Jun 15, 2012 11:41AM) (new)

Susana (susana32) I finished Spellcast by Barbara Ashford which i loved. Had it not been for a friends review i probably wouldn't have picked it up. But it had the most beautiful romance, and the story was great. Can't wait to read the second. Now i'm going to start Since the Surrender (Pennyroyal Green #3) by Julie Anne Long . Julie Anne Long "Pennyroyal" series has yet to let me down :)

message 32: by Aoibhínn (new)

Aoibhínn (aoibhinn) I've finished reading The Client by John Grisham last night and now I'm reading Island of Lost Girls by Jennifer McMahon.

message 33: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. My current and next books are:

Tangle of Need (Psy-Changeling, #11) by Nalini Singh Vampires Are Forever (Argeneau, #8) by Lynsay Sands Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau, #9) by Lynsay Sands Under Suspicion (Underworld Detection Agency, #3) by Hannah Jayne The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2) by Richelle Mead The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau, #10; Rogue Hunter, #1) by Lynsay Sands The Immortal Hunter (Argeneau, #11; Rogue Hunter, #2) by Lynsay Sands The Isis Collar (Blood Singer, #4) by Cat Adams Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost .

That should cover me until the end of the month.

message 34: by Maygin (new)

Maygin (mayginluvsbooks) I am reading Smart Women by Judy Blume and The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

message 35: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) Reading and enjoying Immortal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #2) by Larissa Ione

message 37: by Candy Aya (new)

Candy Aya (notyourgirlnextdoor) | 107 comments I just finished Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard :) I'll be reading Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1) by Pamela Clare this week. :D

message 38: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 2081 comments Susana wrote: "Reading and enjoying Immortal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #2) by Larissa Ione"

I love it too.

Reading Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz -- boring!!!!

message 39: by Aoibhínn (new)

Aoibhínn (aoibhinn) I've finished reading Island of Lost Girls by Jennifer McMahon and now I'm a couple of chapters into Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James.

message 40: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Jun 20, 2012 07:25AM) (new)

Fran | 11051 comments I am reading A Fine Woman by David George Richards by David George Richards

David George Richards is the guest author at Ask An Author, Win A Book right now.

Members - stop by and ask a question if you have a minute- you might win his romance The Look of Love by David George Richards

message 41: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (adriennegwyn) | 3 comments Vicki wrote: "I'm currently reading Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer by LaVyrle Spencer. I heard so many good comments about the book, and now I understand why. Such a sweet story!

Everyone who likes gentle history ro..."

Love LaVyrle Spencer!...I also loved Vows, November of the Heart and Hummingbird.

message 42: by Lekshmy (new)

Lekshmy | 242 comments I finished Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson and was little disappointed after finishing it.. I saw 4 star rating and was expecting a knock down kinda book but was very simple not so great plot story ... Only one good thing about book was it emphasis on living every second and good lines ... and of course grand ma.... Who doesnt love spending summer holidays at granny's yard... i have sweet memories of mine with my granny...:)

I finsihed Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1) by Nora Roberts .. I liked the book for the theme.. Wedding planners.. i have this business as my dream career :)... I liked the professor hero and his cool head but was unhappy with Mac who was a real mess... I felt little bored on parts where girls were pulling their business with clients and red alerts etc....

message 43: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shannondisbell) Right now I am reading
Return to Grace by Karen Harper Call After Midnight & Under The Knife by Tess Gerritsen If I Should Die (Lucy Kincaid #3) by Allison Brennan

So Far this month i have read
Presumed Guilty by Tess Gerritsen The Prey (Predator Trilogy, #1) by Allison Brennan Lord Langley Is Back in Town (Bachelor Chronicles, #8) by Elizabeth Boyle Highland Hunger by Hannah Howell Red by Erica Spindler Dead By Morning (Griffin Powell, #12) by Beverly Barton Hotwire (Maggie O'Dell, #9) by Alex Kava Guilty by Karen Robards

message 44: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) I finished Immortal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #2) by Larissa Ione .
@Wan-Dragonswan, it really was a great book :) can't wait to read the third. And now i'm reading Promessas de Amor by Sherry Thomas "His at night", i love sherry thomas stories :)

message 45: by Vicki (new)

Vicki | 153 comments Gwyn wrote: "Vicki wrote: "I'm currently reading Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer by LaVyrle Spencer. I heard so many good comments about the book, and now I understand why. Such a sweet story!

Everyone who likes gen..."

I'm going to search them now haha. Thanks for the suggestion!

message 46: by M.A. (new)

M.A. Comley (melcom) | 21 comments Still working my way through Donna Fasano's romances. Halfway through Mountain Laurel at the moment, great so far.

message 47: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 32 comments Doing a reread of Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison So good! I wish the rest of the series was this good. The rest are decent but this one is grand.

message 48: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 269 comments i'm reading

Unleashed (Wolf Springs Chronicles, #1) by Nancy Holder

School's Out - Forever (Maximum Ride, #2) by James Patterson

Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4) by Charlaine Harris

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa

message 49: by Aoibhínn (new)

Aoibhínn (aoibhinn) I've finished reading Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James earlier today and now I've started The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.

message 50: by Shannon (last edited Jun 26, 2012 02:22PM) (new)

Shannon (shannondisbell) Right now I am reading
I am reading
Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by J.D. Robb Inside (Bulletproof, #1) by Brenda Novak Fatal Secrets (FBI Trilogy, #2) by Allison Brennan Blind Spot by Nancy Bush Her Stolen Son (Harlequin Intrigue #1290) by Rita Herron The Daddy Surprise by Ginny Aiken Mastered By Love (Bastion Club, #8) by Stephanie Laurens

« previous 1