Bodice Ripper Readers Anonymous discussion

Discussions and Questions > Deserted island...

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mermarie (new)

Mermarie | 956 comments Mod
So, you're stranded on a deserted island, which book would you want to have along with you? :D

I know, poor substitute for sex/hero being present, but it's all I'm giving you. ;D ONE BOOK!

NOTE: Survival books aside, we're assuming you already know how to stay alive and stuff.

message 2: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) | 214 comments I'm going to assume you mean a romance!

That's a tough one - do you bring along your very favourite, so you can read it over and over as an escape?

Or do you bring one you liked initially but are finding less to like about it each time you read it (which makes for endless games when you pick the book apart on the island)?

Or do you bring the biggest, fattest tome you have, simply to take up the most time?

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 839 comments Mod
Id go for the biggest,fattest tome..OR the whole Outlander series :)

message 4: by Mermarie (new)

Mermarie | 956 comments Mod
I was thinking Dante's Inferno, or maybe Wuthering Heights. :o I know, classics..but still! It would take you literally a lifetime to memorize them. ;D

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) But seriously, who packs only one book?

It's a hard one because I'd want about 10 minimum but I'll go ahead and say Open Season.

If I had to pick a "Bodice ripper" I'd pick probably The Wolf and the Dove

message 6: by Sunni (new)

Sunni (sunni2) I think I would go with The Wolf and the Dove too, it was my first!

message 7: by Tracyk (new)

Tracyk | 110 comments hmmm to difficult! -(

message 8: by Karla (new)

Karla | 1668 comments Mod
I'd swap out the book for a huge stack of notepaper. I'll keep myself entertaining by writing my own. :D

OR

I'd pick a huge chunkster that I could burn to send up a signal. :P

message 9: by BookLuva28 (last edited Jun 29, 2019 06:42PM) (new)

BookLuva28 | 63 comments Damn! I would have vouched for at least 10 books, being the bookaholic I know myself to be. Even 6 would suffice. But if I really only had ONE...it would have to be Kathleen's Surrender by Nan Ryan

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 445 comments BookLuva28 wrote: "Damn! I would have vouched for at least 10 books, being the bookaholic I know myself to be. Even 6 would suffice. But if I really only had ONE...it would have to be [bookcover:Kathleen's Surrender|..."

Bookluva28,

Do we know if the eBook editions are straight reprints or have they been “modified” or neutered?

Hot Mess Sommelière ~ Caro | 55 comments one book? hands down monte cristo. all I would add would be some sex, lol . romance novels though? either gone with the wind or maybe the eden passion/ the women of eden by marilyn harris.

message 12: by BookLuva28 (new)

BookLuva28 | 63 comments Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder wrote: "BookLuva28 wrote: "Damn! I would have vouched for at least 10 books, being the bookaholic I know myself to be. Even 6 would suffice. But if I really only had ONE...it would have to be [bookcover:Ka..."

Hey Andrea,
I'm honestly not sure. I was lucky enough to find a first edition online a few years back.