Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) Graceling question

should this book be made into a movie..??
Mubashira Ahmed Mubashira Jun 03, 2012 12:00PM
should this book be made into a movie..?? what do you think..??

I would love it to be a movie. However...the mindreading stuff would need to be done ridiculously well, and I can't imagine how they'd do it...

definitely a BIG YES!!!
i really love the love story of the two main characters;))

deleted member Jun 27, 2012 06:48PM   0 votes
No!! Cause on my mind i pictured katsa with long hair

Mubashira Ahmed nice...:D
Sep 15, 2012 10:28PM · flag

yes, if it wasn't some low budget, indie film. They would also need a kick ass director.

Mubashira Ahmed Absolutely.
Jun 01, 2014 10:47AM · flag

I absolutely loved all of the books but I don't think they would translate well into a movie.

They would totally ruin the book by doing that!

Oh my gosh, yes! It would make a fantastic movie!

No! it would only be ruined, people would be left out, important things would be deemed cuttable and it would basically be a disaster!

I would love to see this as a movie, the storyline is nice and self contained, things could easily be cut without ruining it and the content should be easy enough to work into a low enough rating. I don't think the psychic powers will be too hard to convey as long as it involves some finesse.

It's not like a movie can ruin a book, maybe it won't get the story right but the book will still be the same.

Yes, please!

Hell to the yes!!!! I would love to this bad ass female character on big screen!!!!!!!!!(:

I don't think it would translate well into a movie. One with the amount of violence in the books, and two with the unsaid connection and mental conversations going on. Just imagine if they hired an actor like Kirsten Stewart (who has one face to show the emotions of love, fear and everything in between) to play a character who was supposed to act out a conversation going on only in her head between her and the main character. It would be an epic fail.

I think that the movie would be to difficult to make. As much as I would like to see a movie of this book, it would not measure up to my expectations.

Yes, yes, yes! Totally

no, although the story is awesome, the movie will just ruin it...

i would love graceling to be turned into a movie even though i accidentally read the 2nd book first. Katsa is amazing and i have no idea how they could do po falling off the cliff face first into the pond, and then after when katsa kills immiker (leck) and then when she meets po again how would the mind reading go?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

heck yeah! it was good. I liked Fire better though.
~Please check out my group, Books to Movies. We talk about this sort of stuff there. If the book/movie you want to talk about isn't there, you can make a new discussion after joining.

No. And if it does, society has sunk to a new low

Yes! Totally.

No, I couldnt stand the main character. She was totally unyeilding. I love strong female characters (the reason I read the book), but she was almost a man!