Q&A with Joanne Phillips discussion

Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 24 comments Mod
Welcome to my first Q&A on Goodreads. I'm really looking forward to connecting with readers and other authors so please introduce yourselves here. I promise to respond to every post and to answer all questions as fully as possible. Chat soon!

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma (eharrison) | 7 comments Thanks for inviting me, very happy :)

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 24 comments Mod
Emma wrote: "Thanks for inviting me, very happy :)"

Thanks for joining the group Emma - looking forward to answering your questions :-)

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma (eharrison) | 7 comments I'm curious about your next book actually. This is probably the wrong place to put it but hey... So what's it about? Did you say it followed on from CLW or have you got a couple of pieces on the go? :)

message 5: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 24 comments Mod
Emma wrote: "I'm curious about your next book actually. This is probably the wrong place to put it but hey... So what's it about? Did you say it followed on from CLW or have you got a couple of pieces on the go..."
I have got two projects lined up, and the second one is a follow on from CLW. The first, though, is very exciting - it's a chick lit/crime crossover novel. There's a bit more about it, along with an interview of little old me here: http://writermirandastork.wordpress.c...

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma (eharrison) | 7 comments Ooooh I can't wait for the crime one! :) Nice interview x

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I followed the initial drafts of CLW, and I am still intrigued by the genesis of it. How much of your reality is in the book? Not a personal question but rather a writer question: how did you mange to keep the distance?

message 8: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 24 comments Mod
Hi Honore,
Not that much to be honest. I haven't experienced a fire (thank Goodness!) and I'm not a single mum, nor do I have a stroppy teenager - yet! But I think there is a little bit of me in Stella - or, rather, I think there's a little bit of Stella in everyone. You know, the bit that wants the best of everything and sometimes loses sight of what's really important. How about you, is your fiction based on your own reality?
Do you fancy starting up a new discussion thread about that?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Joanne wrote: "Hi Honore,
Not that much to be honest. I haven't experienced a fire (thank Goodness!) and I'm not a single mum, nor do I have a stroppy teenager - yet! But I think there is a little bit of me in St..."

Well, deep down I am sure I'm influenced by people, places and memories, but also by books I've read! It's a mixture of realities and imagined memories, a rewrite of life? I would have thought CLW was closer to yours :-)) In one word yes, I am puzzled by what inspires writers :)