College Students! discussion

music, movies, tv, etc. > Watership Down

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (last edited Jan 06, 2009 06:54AM) (new)

Erin I saw a discussion in another group for this and was imediately horrified just by seeing the title. The other peoples are reading it and I can't fathom why anyone would even like to read it. I was scarred as a child though from the movie. Bunnies are NOT suppose to kill each other! Way to much blood and gore and meaness between sweet little bunnies... I'm totally fine with the Killer Rabbit, however.

So I was just wondering if I was the only one completely mortified by the movie Watership Down. I do think it would be good for me to try reading it though... Possibly a small group read? If anyone else gets a kick from the idear, that is.

message 2: by Katerina (new)

Katerina | 252 comments I've never read/heard/watched this. i'll have to check it out.

message 3: by Caiti Casey (new)

Caiti Casey Spiess (mrssteven) Erin the movie was screwed up! I used to be terrified of it too, but yet I still always wanted to rent it. I think it would be good for me to read it too. Let me know if you're reading it anytime soon and we could do a discussion if you'd like.

message 4: by Erin (last edited Jan 11, 2009 08:40PM) (new)

Erin Sounds awesome Caiti. I think I'll give it a bit because I have a few dozen other books to read! I am really interested in finding someone to read This Immortal with. I am just starting classes though so I'm giving myself a bit on all that.

message 5: by Caiti Casey (new)

Caiti Casey Spiess (mrssteven) I hear ya. Just let me know when you think you might pick it up.

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin Will do!

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin I still can't watch it... I might get a boyfriend to watch it with me. I am always searching for good movies that will make me jump into my man's lap.

message 8: by Keara (new)

Keara Clifford (KearaClifford) | 22 comments OMG this is my fav. book of all times!!! I never saw the movie but I loved this book. It might because I love animals and this book is a how animals can possibly turn on each other in the wild. I really enjoyed it.