Anything Goes discussion

Author Discussions > Stephen King

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette | 1282 comments Mod
lets discuss his books and writing style. :)

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric (beefdurkee) | 122 comments I think he is very versatile in his writing style. I recently read his 11/22/63. I loved it. Not all of his books have this affect on me, but this one did.

message 3: by Bridgette (new)

i want to read 11/22/63 is it any good?

message 4: by Eric (new)

Eric (beefdurkee) | 122 comments I would highly recommend it. Its science fictiion. The plot is about the Kennedy assassination. He was the 35th president.

message 5: by Bridgette (new)

ah cool thanks ill try to get a copy. :)

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 922 comments Bridgette, I loved this one too, and I don't usually read Stephen King. It's huge though! Would be great for the school holidays

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) I am a huge Stephen King fan and have a bookcase dedicated to his books! I have loved all his books, which have changed over the years. I waited over 20 yrs for him to finish the Dark Tower series - but boy, it was worth waiting for!

I have his latest The Wind Through the Keyhole: A Dark Tower Novel which I am saving for my weekend break at the end of the month.

message 8: by Aron (new)

Aron Leonard | 6 comments i keep thinking about reading some of his work. what would anyone recommend to read first from him?

message 9: by Sara (new)

Sara Niles (saraniles) | 3 comments Stephen King is indeed versatile, so you can pick almost any variation of his writing. I will name three samples:
The Stand is on one extreme of his style with Shawshank Redemption on the other; with The Stand encased in classic Stephen King horror and The Shawshank Redemption written as a classic in human drama. The Dark Tower series is Western meets horror in a time warp.
SaraThe Shawshank RedemptionThe StandThe Dark Tower

message 10: by Bridgette (new)

anyone picked up his latest book it looks kinda interesting but I cant remember the title of it. :)

message 11: by Maggie (last edited Jan 02, 2014 05:18AM) (new)

Maggie | 20 comments Dr Sleep - sequel to The Shining. (And its excellent!)

message 12: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 922 comments I feel like the only person in the world not to have read the Shining, anyone want to do a buddy read with me?

message 13: by Bridgette (new)

Has anyone read of his books recently?? I’ve been thinking about reading more his stuff.