Paranormal and Horror Lovers discussion

The Walking Dead, Book One
This topic is about The Walking Dead, Book One
Tv series > The Walking Dead

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trinity, PNH Lovers Tech Support & Group creator (new)

Trinity Hanrahan (musesinspire) | 171 comments Mod
Like I needed to add ANOTHER one to my already way too many shows that I watch... but I have become totally and completely addicted to this show!! Daryl Dixon is my boy!! :-)

Yes... I think I carry a not-so-quiet torch for the redneck, totally badass, hick of the group! LOL

message 2: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty Bicknell (kirsty_vizard) | 38 comments I love the show . . . I am in middle of season 3 as I have to Sky + most of programmes I watch because of boys LOL!!! . . .

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

i never got to see it boohoo

TemperanceRiver It's one of the best series I have ever watched and I love the graphic novels.

message 5: by Trinity, PNH Lovers Tech Support & Group creator (new)

silvermoonwolf wrote: "i never got to see it boohoo"

I went in to it with the whole attitude of, "Geez... a zombie show. Wow. This is going to suck epic donkey ass."

Imagine my surprise when I got hooked from the VERY FIRST EPISODE!!!

message 6: by Trinity, PNH Lovers Tech Support & Group creator (new)

TemperanceRiver wrote: "It's one of the best series I have ever watched and I love the graphic novels."

I haven't gotten a chance to read the novels. Are they much different or are they kind of 'spoiler-y'?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

i'll try and watch the new season

message 8: by Trinity, PNH Lovers Tech Support & Group creator (new)

silvermoonwolf wrote: "i'll try and watch the new season"

I know you can get Season 1 on Netflix for streaming...

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

awwwww i will watch it then i've got netflix

message 10: by Trinity, PNH Lovers Tech Support & Group creator (new)

silvermoonwolf wrote: "awwwww i will watch it then i've got netflix"

*gives a thumbs up!*

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

*smiles while cocking head cutely*

TemperanceRiver Muse wrote: "TemperanceRiver wrote: "It's one of the best series I have ever watched and I love the graphic novels."

I haven't gotten a chance to read the novels. Are they much different or are they kind of '..."

The graphic novels are amazing, they are much more in depth than the show and there are A LOT of differences. There is one actual novel out that focuses on the developement of a character that is in the graphic novels and will show up this next season on the show. I thought it was so-so, and they are coming out with another one. I expected to not like the show because I loved the graphic novels so much but I actually loved it. I like the differences in them too, I haven't had any huge complaints so far as to how they have changed the story.

message 13: by Trinity, PNH Lovers Tech Support & Group creator (new)

TemperanceRiver wrote: The graphic novels are amazing, they are much more in depth than the show and there are A LOT of differences. There is one actual novel out that focuses on the developement of a character that is in the graphic novels and will show up this next season on the show...."

Cool! I'm going to check them out, then!! And I think I know what you're talking about with the character...(view spoiler)

Pandora Richardson (pandorar) | 59 comments This is one of my favorite shows. I became a fan of the comics first and love that the show is very close to them. I also recently read the book vaguely referrenced by TemperanceRiver and thought it was pretty good.

TemperanceRiver Muse wrote: "TemperanceRiver wrote: The graphic novels are amazing, they are much more in depth than the show and there are A LOT of differences. There is one actual novel out that focuses on the developement o..."

Yes! (view spoiler)

TemperanceRiver Pandora wrote: "This is one of my favorite shows. I became a fan of the comics first and love that the show is very close to them. I also recently read the book vaguely referrenced by TemperanceRiver and thought i..."

I'm curious, what did you think of the "twist" in the novel?

Pandora Richardson (pandorar) | 59 comments TemperanceRiver wrote: "I'm curious, what did you think of the "twist" in the novel?"

I'm with you on that one. I don't think it added to or subtracted from the story per se. They needed a little more time to make it logical. Why did "he" crack at the end wasn't dealt with as much as the other two which made perfect sense as their mania was dealt with for some time. I would have made more sense if the real brother was there as it would have given him more fuel to his madness. Overall the book was still good, but then again I like the entire series even the books that make me shrug my shoulders. I did like the whole apartment building "drama's" makes you wonder what ever happened to them....

message 18: by Melody (new)

Melody Fontaine (melfontaine) | 1 comments Best show ever ;)

message 19: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III Yep. I am eagerly anticipating the rerun of the previous season in July and the third season in the fall. Provided I still have cable until then.

message 20: by David (new)

David Haynes | 58 comments I've just started on Season three and it's brilliant. I feel uneasy almost all of the time when I watch it. That's exactly what you want from a series like this. First rate!

message 21: by Paula (new)

Paula | 1 comments I love the series. Even though it is different at times from the comic(I have heard)Its well written and I love it.♥