Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Grateful Dead Reforms for Spring Tour (Ice Cream Controversies...Heidi is a harmless lil' kitten!)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jan 06, 2009 05:58AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music...

I saw the Dead nine times. I must admit I mainly went for the drugs and girls.

In the meantime, hippies everywhere fire up the bus for next spring...put on fresh patchouli, and start growing their hair again...

What's your opinion of the Grateful Dead and the surrounding culture? Should they be lauded/blamed for jam band culture? What about the music? What about their fans?

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I've never seen a concert -- but I've enjoyed a good portion of the music over the years. Some of their stuff just jangles me and I can't stand a minute of it, while other songs are transcendental in lyric and overall quality (Ripple, Box of Rain). I have about six of their tunes on my ipod that I listen to once in a while.

Jerry Garcia (IMO) was a genius. I can't imagine Dead music without him.

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I like Cherry Garcia ice cream.

message 4: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yes -- Ben & Jerry also geniuses.

message 5: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Meh.

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Do you like Cherry Garcia ice cream?

message 7: by Heidi (last edited Jan 06, 2009 12:18PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Do you like ice cream at all? I'm not being smarmy. Just curious, KD.

I'm not familiar with The Grateful Dead. Not really. I don't know if I could even name one of their songs. I never really "got" the fascination.

I do like the Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor named after Jerry, though. I don't imagine it's necessary to be a Deadhead to like the ice cream.

Apparently the DeadHead culture is fairly sizeable around here, though. So are the Phish followers. I asked someone to explain Phish to me and was told PhishHeads are like DeadHeads. I don't get them either.

message 8: by Heidi (last edited Jan 06, 2009 12:56PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

message 9: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
I'm imagining Heidi kneeling on KD, her knees pinning his massive arms to the ground, his face turning red with the intense hatred of naming his favorite frozen treat.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Heidi, quit grinding KD's face into the dirt like that. That's no way to treat a monarch.

message 11: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments Haha, Heidi, you're relentless.

message 12: by Sally, la reina (new)

I don't know why I imagine KD is gigantic, but in my mind, he is.

message 13: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments Well, he is a dinosaur, non?

message 14: by Sally, la reina (new)

True, true. He was a cat this summer, I believe.

message 15: by Sally, la reina (new)

Or no, that is Not Bill I'm thinking of. What ever happened to that guy?

*off to troll Axis, perhaps he's there*

message 16: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Actually, that last question was directed at ALL OF YOU (sorry, KD, if I put you on the spot... wasn't my intention). I was trying to redirect the convo in the Dead Thread because I'm a bit of an imp. That's all. :)

If this thread perpetuates my rep as a bully, though, then hell yeah! All apologies are off.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Neapolitan or Moose Tracks.

message 18: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I like cookie dough ice cream, but I'm open to variations on the chocolate theme.

I also think rainbow/orange sherbert (sp?) are underrated.

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

I like strawberry.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Strawberry is my favorite part of neapolitan, and chocolate my least favorite. Orange sherbert is good too.

message 21: by Heidi (last edited Jan 07, 2009 06:22AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I like Cherry Garcia (duh).

I also like Breyer's Natural Peach and sweet cream w/ granola or sliced almonds (YUM!). I also like green tea ice cream.

message 22: by Sally, la reina (new)

ooooo that natural peach is a good one> :)

message 23: by Dave (last edited Jan 07, 2009 10:04AM) (new)

Dave Russell Haagen-Dazs Green Tea Ice Cream. My supermarket is always out of it though.

message 24: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments If I really want to splurge I'll go for gelato at this gelato place one town over. Damn, gelato is good.

message 25: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments I like chocolate mint stuff, too, KD. I also like anything with caramel in it. Cool caramel is luscious!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Chocolate chip mint rules!!!

message 27: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Breyers or Baskin Robbins chocolate mint?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Haagen-Dazs if I can get it, Heidi. But Breyer's and Baskin-Robbins are fine, too.

message 29: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments I buy the store brand most of the time.

message 30: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments OH!!! The Haagen-Dazs one is heavenly!

message 31: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments You see, I disagree...neon green ice cream is wrong.

I think I mentioned my wife will buy that kind of ice cream when she doesn't want to share. Evil!

message 32: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments LOL! Smart woman.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Randomanthony wrote: "You see, I disagree...neon green ice cream is wrong.

I think I mentioned my wife will buy that kind of ice cream when she doesn't want to share. Evil!"

Haagen-Dazs chocolate chip mint isn't green, RA. It's creamy white, with chocolate nuggets.
:::drool:::

message 34: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I'm guessing that he's referring to the Baskin Robbins mint chocolate chip ice cream. It's definitely neon green.

message 35: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jan 07, 2009 10:30AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments There are a bunch of different kinds of green mint chocolate chip ice cream, and they're all gross.

:)

message 36: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell I agree. I never thought mint and chocolate go together particularly well.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments More for me and Mindy, then.

message 38: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I like mint chocolate chip (although I'd say it's more for sentimental reasons than because it's just a fave)... My stepmother hooked me on it. Her fave was always Breyers.

message 39: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Yes. They're gross. They make me feel like I've inhaled a dentist's office afterward.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I always get a fruit flavored polish/fluoride when I'm at the dentist's, Dave.

message 41: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments No, Peppermint Patties are gross, I agree.

high-fives D. Russ

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Now that's silly. York Peppermint Patties are one of the few regular candies made with DARK chocolate. Yum!

message 43: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments The BEST is Andes mints. And then Girl Scouts Thin Mints.

message 44: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments just throwing my hat in this ring as ice cream is one of my few vices left:

ALMOND JOY ICE CREAM

message 45: by Sally, la reina (new)

I like the bright pink peppermint ice cream that is only available around the holidays here. It is amazing and reminds me of my grandmother.

message 46: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Hey! What happened to the "Heidi is a bully" in parentheses?!! BRING IT BACK!

message 47: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Hm. Maybe we should put a new title up related to Heidi...

message 48: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Or you'll do what?

message 49: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sally, a local mexican restaurant serves some bright pink ice cream (like it's got crushed candy canes in it...) after dinner. It's heavenly, esp. on the belly after eating mexican food.

message 50: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments There we go!:)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.