Arthuriana -- all things King Arthur ! discussion

The Winter King: Chapter 1

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bob (new)

Bob | 37 comments Mod
For those interested in joining the discussion on the topic, the deadline for finishing this chapter will be Friday Jan 6th. Please don't post any comments on the chapter until after Friday. (After this week will shoot for 2 chapters a week and adjust as needed).

Cheers!

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna | 77 comments Thanks Bob. I'm looking forward to this.

message 3: by Arthur (new)

Arthur | 8 comments Do you mean the first chapter by this Friday?

message 4: by Bob (new)

Bob | 37 comments Mod
Just so.

message 5: by Arthur (new)

Arthur | 8 comments It isn't fresh in my mind now, but as I read the first chapter last night I was surprised by the depth this chapter covered in with introducing us readers to some richness of family existence from way back when in the day before we have so many of our conveniences which sharpen our perspective. It's hard to understand some of the story when after needing to realize back then child birth was a superstition if it went rye. I've read before about child births, but not much about how they used non Christian methods to scare away the demons of demons that may be weighing-down on the expecting mother making her suffer and how it would relieve her to scare them away but the whole story captivates my attention and is powerfully interesting.

message 6: by Bob (new)

Bob | 37 comments Mod
Hi Arthur,
I am also enjoying the first chapter. I'm sure there will be some great discussions on the Christian/Pagan topics. Let's hold the discussions until after Friday though, so everyone who wants to participate can have a chance to read. Waiting will also insure that we don't post spoilers. :)

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 61 comments *Sits quietly, book open, ready to discuss* :]

message 8: by SarahC (new)

SarahC (SarahCarmack) | 188 comments Mod
I opened The Winter King folder, as you will see on the group main page for whoever is ready to discuss this absorbing book.

message 9: by Bob (last edited Jan 12, 2009 06:48AM) (new)

Bob | 37 comments Mod
Looks like the thread will continue here... The Winter King Folder